<<This Hyphy shit has these young buls goin' "dumb" and "stupid" literaly>>

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
that poster had a GREAT point. They just misplaced the blame. Blacks are in a really fucked up state right now, but it has nothing to do with a hyphy movement.

We have been trained to want less out of life, and even when we do want more... we try to acheive that the wrong way. There are more ways to be successful than rapping, sports, and slangin.... and sadly... the overwhelming majority of the urban youth doesnt take advantage of that

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
The link to the whole thread:

http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?t=232927

What upsets me about the dude who kicked it off is how he just moved out here and thinks that he can see the reasons for black peoples situation in the bay. Everything has a history, including the hyphy-ass lifestyle and he needs to just state his obeservations and ask questions, not make these weak ass statements like living out here for a few makes you an expert. And it aint like he is really living the life, he moved out here and is around the shit and he is talkin like he understands.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
This is a great thread. However, as mentioned by others, the problem is much much bigger than just a Hyphy movement, hip hop, or anything of that nature.

We Americans do not value education in general. That is our Achilles heel, and will continue to be until some major education reform is put into play, (which, if done, will take at least a generation before any results will be seen). They Hyphy or hip hop culture did not produce this mind set, America did.

Until the masses realize that education is the great equalizer, the poor will remain that way, no matter what race. It's a mindset.

Of course, there are historical inequalities that exist, but to overcome these, education would be the great equalizer. Knowledge.

I hate to sound like g I joe cartoon, but knowledge is power. For some strange reason, it's cool to NOT do good in school. Why is that? HOw did it get that way? The government is not going to be the one to stop this by throwing money at the problem. The problem lies with the families, the parents, the actual people who are passing on these states of mind to the younger generations. And I don't give a fuck who you are, there is, sadly to say, NO solution to this problem. Or, rather, no realistic one in sight.

So I say, either you can try and gain some knowledge and know how about the world around you so you can get paid and live a more financially stable life. Or you can pop pills, and blow weed all day, sell sacks for poor ass profit margins and perpetuate this cycle of uselessness that is reality.

Sep 24, 2004
MansonMinded said:
Worst comback ever.. no major point or real train of thought. The quoted part made me the laugh the most.
We all know that you didnt find humor in any of what I wrote. face it homay, you aint built for this!!!

Take you own advice, when grown folks are speakin'.... Pop you a few Flintstone chewables and continue to drink your milk JR!

Sep 24, 2004
blunt_hogg559 said:
This is a great thread. However, as mentioned by others, the problem is much much bigger than just a Hyphy movement, hip hop, or anything of that nature.....
Agreed!!! its sad that we're a people that embraces the same shit that holds us back.

May 20, 2002
Poisonpen said:
We all know that you didnt find humor in any of what I wrote. face it homay, you aint built for this!!!

Take you own advice, when grown folks are speakin'.... Pop you a few Flintstone chewables and continue to drink your milk JR!
Built for what? talkin shit online??? ur right im not. Im built for ur bitch