<<This Hyphy shit has these young buls goin' "dumb" and "stupid" literaly>>

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2006
&lt;&lt;This Hyphy shit has these young buls goin' &quot;dumb&quot; and &quot;stupid&quot; literaly&gt;&gt;

WATCH this shit from AHH.com

nitefam
Private

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that every area has its own hip hop style, (ie. ATL Krunk, and Houston Screwed & Chopped) but some of the shit is fuckin' us up, for real.

For example: I currenly live in Oakland and go to school in San Francisco. I've been offered an opportunity to tutor 2 young brothers from East Oakland (the hood) and I met with them today. This Hyphy shit has these young buls goin' "dumb" and "stupid" literaly. They really follow what these artist and niggas at these "sideshows" do and don't give a fuck about anything else. They're buyin' into this shit and all it does is get them in "treadmill mode"- goin' nowhere. These brothers are in one of the most innovative and influencial regions on earth and this is what they deem as "precious." Unacceptable. This is not a hate thread, this is a plea for our next generation. I'm going to work with these cats. I won't discourage their choice of music but I will try to enlighten them and show them that this shit cannot be taken literaly. Do the same, please. This is why we (blacks) are losin' the race race.

Jan 6, 2006
nitefam
Private

Posts: 240 Reppin' where you're from and supporting the local hip hop culture is positive. But stupifying yourself by living that shit is not. Why do you think that San Francisco, a city of over 800,000 people has only 60,000 blacks and 80% of them live in poverty. SF, like I stated earlier, is one of the most amazing cities on the planet. Silicone Valley is located just south of the city. Blacks are not getting a slice of that pie. Blacks are no longer controlling areas like the Fillmore (one of the only hoods I know 'cause I pass it on the bus on my way to school daily). We're surrounded by successful people who scoff at our way of life because we can't seem to get serious when we need to. Niggas want to get Hyphy everyday, be on the corner and ghost ride the whip nightly. We are not handling business.

Some of the post are saying "just have fun," its cool to have fun, but to let that shit carry-over into your finances is really dumb. These little boys are letting their "Hyphiness" fuck with their schooling and they will not get very far in life if they can't change-up. Get serious and help people differenciate the lifestyle from a weekend habit. That's all I'm saying.

Jan 6, 2006
bridges
Private

Posts: 265 Only the ignorant will post something against what was said. It's sad that some people just don't get it. From what I read, they marched 500,000 deep in LA yesterday, and the hispanic population will just continue to grow. I dont have a issue with hispanics, because many of them are just hard working people. But African Americans are losing out, as they(hispanics) become the "go to" minority. Also, they are competing for the blue coller jobs, so the uneducated African Americans that are "getting dumb and stupid", who may have been able to get that job, will really suffer. God, I thought I would never say this, but Hip Hop is really killing our youth!

Jan 23, 2003
I HOPE YALL ARE BLACKS SPEAKIN ON THIS SHIT CUZ IF U AINT THEN U WONT UNDERSTAND WE BEEN GOIN DUMB 4 A WHILE IT AINT GOT NUTTIN TO DO WIT MUSIC WE THA REASON WHY THESE RAPPERS STARTED THIS SO CALLED MOVEMENT IT STARTED IN THE STREETS

Feb 4, 2004
lmao what does ghost ridin yer shit gotta do with flunkin out in school muthafuckas in the bay didnt give a fuck about school before the "hyphy movement" so this guy is tryna blame hyphy for peoples iggnorance and carlessness..the fuck outta here so i guess mob music is to blame for the murders and drug sales in the 90's then huh dudes from philly tryna assess teh bay area after livin here for a short period of time..phillys shitty as fuck too i guess you can blame beanie siegles music and state property for that

Sep 24, 2004
MansonMinded said:
But blacks r the biggest showboats, so obviously they doin it more buyin in more
Yeah because we all know that the other races especially whites are just playin the role. They usually have a power switch to turn off & on their love for the culture. I'd give more respect if they started wearing Black Face again. TRUE STORY!

May 20, 2002
@ Stunnamayne... Good Point.. Ur a smart one.
@poisonpen.... WTF, was that supposed to be a deep thought or something?
Other races r playin the role? What role, tryin to get by just like evryone else? trying to make a living, trying to pull bitches? wtf do u mean. So blacks switch on and off there culture by acting ignorant. When i say showboat im talkin like usher, all the sudden he gets big and hes full of himself. Most superstars do.... But even gutter mutha fuckas be acting that way, and having self pride and showing off is 2 diffrent things, One intellegent one ignorant. This shit is coo in certain situtations, but as far as the descriptions of this post goes, seems to be going to far with certain youngh kids. Dont speak till spoken too... word

Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
Man this post is real. It's a shame how we listen to music that tells us to go dumb and thats what we really do. Now hyphy music is not the sole cause for this. We also have a government that won't put no money into our communities. So hella of us are broke. That's the common bond and we have lost our identities in the bay because of that. When I go 2 the town, or the stack, or frisco, or some other cities in the bay most of the time i see is young black dudes with dreads white tees and sometimes grillz. I sometimes see a dude dressed differently not conforming to the "hood standards" but it's not common. We do have to wake up black people are too smart. How can we flip 3 zips a day or flip a brick quick as hell, and be the some of the poorest people in the bay. If we took our mentality and fliped it into some shit like real estate DAMN!!! We would all be eating.
Just my thoughts

Nov 1, 2004
this is dumb as fuck, people always lookin for things to blame problems on. hello dumb fucks, people been flunkin school since long before hyphy.. before mob shit.. i mean fuck.
its not just blacks either, i know plently of people of all races who drop out. lifes a mutha fuckin bitch, stop makin excuses, you dont want to drop out then fucking dont. people with the ability to have a good future will succeed, they just got to do it for them selves, too many mutha fuckas lookin for hand outs

Sep 24, 2004
MansonMinded said:
@poisonpen.... WTF, was that supposed to be a deep thought or something?
Other races r playin the role? What role, tryin to get by just like evryone else? trying to make a living, trying to pull bitches? wtf do u mean. So blacks switch on and off there culture by acting ignorant. When i say showboat im talkin like usher, all the sudden he gets big and hes full of himself. Most superstars do.... But even gutter mutha fuckas be acting that way, and having self pride and showing off is 2 diffrent things, One intellegent one ignorant. This shit is coo in certain situtations, but as far as the descriptions of this post goes, seems to be going to far with certain youngh kids. Dont speak till spoken too... word
No deep thought was needed. It was just a mere observation. Like my granmother always says... "a hurt dog will hollar" You threw out a blanket indictment against blacks and in return I fired back. Now you're crying racism. It's obvious son that Black Culture has been and will always be exploited by those who we allow to sit at our table & more than often we get booted from the table.

I dont know who these "young kids" are who you speak of, but to say dont speak until spoken too is foolish especially on a message board when topics arent directed to 1 particular person. BTW, whats hypocrytical about having a different view on another black person, are blacks suspose to be monolithic?? maybe you should meet some real black people if u think so.