this e-40 shit gettin outta control

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2005
i remember when e-40 popped on tha scene with mailman , not sayin this wuz his first shit, i know about his albums prior to this, but this wut broke him into tha mainstream, when he came out with mailman the bay scene wuz already established and strong, wut i'm sayin is this nigga didnt change nothin, i think outsiders need to recognize tha bay is more then just E-40 everythang aint gotta pass thru or be approved by e-40, mac dre (RIP) wuz doin his OWN shit with tha thizz shit, alotta niggaz wuz doin they own shit, keak wuz doin his town sh*t, i think this shit gettin to e-40s head, niggaz actin like this nigga made fo sheezy n all that he up on mtv an shit talkin bout he made it n all that, and i aint feelin that "gouda" shit for money lol wtf? sorry that shit weak, when i used to think of the bay hella artist came to mind with they own unique ass yay area game , now all u think when u think tha bay is 40 water.... this nigga hella overrated in my opinion.....

Nov 1, 2005
uh 40 water the only one that held on to a major deal through the lean times besides short, but short lives in atlanta. 40 been putting it down the best he can for the bay over those tough times. without 40 in the past 8 years nobody woulda heard NOTHING out of the bay. he's the only one thats been getting any national radio play at all.

Aug 7, 2003
excatly, we cant expect a near 40 year old rapper to bring the bay back. how much stuff can he rap about, he rapped about all of his life events, now its just to whats hot right now. You never see a rapper blow up with 10 alubms under his belt and he is gettin close to the top of the hill. sorry if you fuckers get affended its just my opinon of reality.

Aug 7, 2003
gitwitit said:
uh 40 water the only one that held on to a major deal through the lean times besides short, but short lives in atlanta. 40 been putting it down the best he can for the bay over those tough times. without 40 in the past 8 years nobody woulda heard NOTHING out of the bay. he's the only one thats been getting any national radio play at all.
the bay aint had radio play in 8 plus years, know why it is still here? cus we are independent and put shit out regradless. 40 has had many videos and songs on the radio prior to this cd and they all the same, they get a couple of spins then thats it.

Jan 17, 2006
gitwitit said:
yeah, thats right!

Apr 19, 2005
hella_numb said:
excatly, we cant expect a near 40 year old rapper to bring the bay back. how much stuff can he rap about, he rapped about all of his life events, now its just to whats hot right now. You never see a rapper blow up with 10 alubms under his belt and he is gettin close to the top of the hill. sorry if you fuckers get affended its just my opinon of reality.
You never know though man. That's why they put the albums out - to see what happens. You can't write the man off just because of his age, that makes your opinion very close minded.

Sep 27, 2005
so? i'm supposed to like that nigga cuz he gettin national radio play? nigga tha bay woulda been doin its thang regardless e-40 or not, too much game in tha bay streets for shit not to crack, e-40 just wuz tha nigga to put out there cuz his mass appeal and hookin up with lil jon

Aug 7, 2003
The Last Word said:
You never know though man. That's why they put the albums out - to see what happens. You can't write the man off just because of his age, that makes your opinion very close minded.
closed minded? you trippin, reply to this post when 40 blows up to constant raido play after 3 weeks from now. just aint over hypin it like its something its not.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
How was the Bay scene "well established" before E40 and The Click????!?!?!

Are u forgetting little albums like "Down N Dirty" and "Mr. Flamboyant"?

dude's a vet and deserves EVERY BIT of what he's gettin right now

Sep 27, 2005
How was the Bay scene "well established" before E40 and The Click????!?!?!

Are u forgetting little albums like "Down N Dirty" and "Mr. Flamboyant"?

dude's a vet and deserves EVERY BIT of what he's gettin right now
no i'm not forgettin, i even mentioned that, i said he had albums prior to that, but didnt get as much recognition until he dropped mailman

i'm sure he deserve wut he gettin, i'm just sayin its a lot of dickridin and nuttswangin goin on, about 2 or 3 years ago, 40 wuz on tha decline, nobody wuz jockin that nigga no more, it wuz all about dre, even before dre(rip) died , nigga wuz talked about the most, him and keak, 40 wuz a has been, 40 is a bay legend in my opinion fo sho, but like i said shit is outta control now, he all on tha front of this shit like he made it all happen, when it wuz EVERYBODY in tha bay that deserves credit not no 1 nigga, and that aint no hatin ass comment, cuz i'm sayin everybody in tha bay that stayed on they grind, and stayed rappin, deserve respect for this shit takin off, real talk, dont get all up on MTV sayin nigga i did this and that i made this, i'm responsible for it , niggaz been workin just as hard as 40 if not harder........

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
the seed has been planted regardless of who blows up..
TBIB and soon willl be the rest of the west coast...
I really don't give a fuck who blows up..keak, fab, mitchy slick, the team..whoever..its the bigger picture..having the west back in the public eye, so all of us artists and producers, and dj's can eat..its been an 8 year drought...

Aug 7, 2003
WattsUp said:
no i'm not forgettin, i even mentioned that, i said he had albums prior to that, but didnt get as much recognition until he dropped mailman

i'm sure he deserve wut he gettin, i'm just sayin its a lot of dickridin and nuttswangin goin on, about 2 or 3 years ago, 40 wuz on tha decline, nobody wuz jockin that nigga no more, it wuz all about dre, even before dre(rip) died , nigga wuz talked about the most, him and keak, 40 wuz a has been, 40 is a bay legend in my opinion fo sho, but like i said shit is outta control now, he all on tha front of this shit like he made it all happen, when it wuz EVERYBODY in tha bay that deserves credit not no 1 nigga, and that aint no hatin ass comment, cuz i'm sayin everybody in tha bay that stayed on they grind, and stayed rappin, deserve respect for this shit takin off, real talk, dont get all up on MTV sayin nigga i did this and that i made this, i'm responsible for it , niggaz been workin just as hard as 40 if not harder........
i applaude that statement.

Aug 7, 2003
Rock said:
WATTS UP WHERE FROM?
location dont mean shit. its the WORLD wide web. if e-40 blows he will need fans from all around the WORLD. dont try to cut the man down cus he aint from you, most of the time you cant choose where you live til you around 18. you got lucky and were born in vallejo, dont really mean shit to me or anyone else but yourself.

Apr 19, 2005
hella_numb said:
closed minded? you trippin, reply to this post when 40 blows up to constant raido play after 3 weeks from now. just aint over hypin it like its something its not.
Yes you're close minded for stating that a "near 40 year old rapper" can't "bring the bay back"... I'm not all overboard with all this TBIB hoopla but I can spot a narrow minded individual when I see one (ie hella_numb).

It's cats like you that end up looking stupid in the long run because you're trying to come off as a superior thinker amongst a bunch of dullards. Idiots on this very board was hatin (I hate using that term but it actually applies in this case) on Keyshia Cole before her album dropped, hatin after seeing her first week sales, hatin after seeing her first month sales, hatin after seein her first six month sales ... Guess what? Keyshia is damn near platinum. Sometimes you gotta give that shit time to snowball.

Just like professional sports, there's a reason why they play the games. One team may have a better team on paper than the other team but they still have to play to see who's going to win.

Rock

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2003
hella_numb said:
location dont mean shit. its the WORLD wide web. if e-40 blows he will need fans from all around the WORLD. dont try to cut the man down cus he aint from you, most of the time you cant choose where you live til you around 18. you got lucky and were born in vallejo, dont really mean shit to me or anyone else but yourself.
MAN SHUT THE FUCK UP

I JUST ASKED THE NIGGA WHERE HE WAS FROM CUZ I THOUGHT HE WAS SOMEBODY ELSE... GODDAMN

Aug 7, 2003
The Last Word said:
Yes you're close minded for stating that a "near 40 year old rapper" can't "bring the bay back"... I'm not all overboard with all this TBIB hoopla but I can spot a narrow minded individual when I see one (ie hella_numb).

It's cats like you that end up looking stupid in the long run because you're trying to come off as a superior thinker amongst a bunch of dullards. Idiots on this very board was hatin (I hate using that term but it actually applies in this case) on Keyshia Cole before her album dropped, hatin after seeing her first week sales, hatin after seeing her first month sales, hatin after seein her first six month sales ... Guess what? Keyshia is damn near platinum. Sometimes you gotta give that shit time to snowball.

Just like professional sports, there's a reason why they play the games. One team may have a better team on paper than the other team but they still have to play to see who's going to win.
whatever, i aint feelin the album what you want me to do? leave my opinon in my closed mind? its open thats why im typin what its thinkin. im done with the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.