This AUTOTUNE Fad.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

T1

Sicc OG
Feb 22, 2006
Bay Area, CA.
www.globalidentityllc.com
  • T1

T1

So far I have heard -

Jacka
Cellski
Bailey
Killa Keise

Feeling the Barney autotune remix the most.
Thanks Fam...

can someone put a link up for the barney remix? Im curious as to how that sounds.
^^^^ i was just thinkin that^^^ any one got it
Here's the links yall...Enjoy...Have Blap..

Barney (More Crime) T1 Remix w/ Autotune

Barney (More Crime) T1 Remix No Autotune

http://www.youtube.com/T1TV

Mar 1, 2007
cozmo's hook on that hood life off traffic sounds clean. n thats my take on it. i think that if its used on a hook its coo, but if a artist uses it to rap his verse, that shit sounds so whack. i think that weezy n yeezy r more to blame, cuz b4 it was jus t pain ona hook wit autotune. the ones who rap their verses n throw n those gay ass voice hummings b4 they rap, thats jus overkill. it adds a lil more feel to it if its on the hook/chorus.

Dec 21, 2006
everyone gotta have a fuckin autotune song nowadays, J Stalin has one on the new real world.

It would be cool to hear some new vocal effects, that shit can do alot more than the t-pain effect.

I used to hella dig it back in the day when rappers would have that Mac Mall "My Opinion" effect on their voice, i thought that shit was sick
i feel you on that... i always called it the mac mall effect, just like they call auto-tune the t-pain effect... i always liked that effect too... it was the first macmall song i ever heard

thebrain

@HuseyinTheBrain
Feb 16, 2008
Sacramento, CA
www.BrainChildMedia.com
let me give you my 3 cool things to say about auto-tune:

#1: before it was called the "t-pain effect" or the "kany west effect" it was called the "CHER EFFECT" ...she used it

#2: i thought the auto-tune fad would have faded away months ago... i was wrong

#3: auto-tune=wack... it is SOOOO played out... i do like to hear it every now and then... but not all the time

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Auto-tune is a great effect

when not turned to the max like T-Pain, theres a lot of variations to it that singers use all the time without really being able to notice - they have tune correction... with a few chained effects you can come with some crazy shit

but when it comes to using the same exact pre-set it fucken weak

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
I see hella people saying they don't like it but not explaining why whatsoever....why does it suck? why is it bad? you guys have no answers....its not even a big deal for everyone to have an opinion on...its something artists are using more and more these days like it or not....

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I see hella people saying they don't like it but not explaining why whatsoever....why does it suck? why is it bad? you guys have no answers....its not even a big deal for everyone to have an opinion on...its something artists are using more and more these days like it or not....
the reason i don't like it iz because it soundz gay and everybodies doin it becuase they copy T-Pain, and it don't sound original.....if u wanna sell music dont copy T-Pain

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
ok so u think it sounds gay...and of course YOU know everyone is doing it to copy T Pain because you are a factor in the music industry...i think i got it now lol...so if gay could make a sound it would be auto-tune???? interesting logic you have to say the least brodie...and it dont sound original......but x raided sounds like coleone sounds like lynch to an extent....but i bet they all sound original to you...

May 17, 2006
For the most part the auto tune shit is fucking crap but there are alot of old rap where they use it tastefully. Except for Mac Mall's "My Opinion" and a short song by the Jack but I don't know the name of it. Those songs where great but they didn't continue doing it.

Jun 18, 2007
If it is done properly- I don't care. The sad thing is most of the time it isn't. As a matter of fact most artist don't even know how to record REGULAR vocals. Let's have um figure that out first and leave the autotune for T-Pain.