They Hurtin for Bay Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
I'm in Cashville, Tn right now and I've been to all of the Tower Records and other Major Chain stores including the mom and pop stores. They don't have alot of music from the Bay out here. I talked to store managers and they said they may only get one copy of a Keak or PSD and when it it sells out another one may come in 3 to 4 weeks. One CD every 3 to for weeks ain't nothing. We need to have at least 10 copies of Keak on the shelves out here in order for people to see him. If there's only one cd on an artist most of the time he's gonna get overlooked. I've been tryin to get cats up on the Hyphy movement that we are on and gettin them up on the latest lingo. If any artist needs some promotion get at me.

One,

B.C.

Nov 18, 2003
^^ I know exactly what you're talkin about BC, either one or two copies if anything on bay artists the only way I stay up on it is ordering shit online, alot of this music goes over these cats heads out here

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
there isn't ANYONE workin' Bay music out there. you have to be in these retail spots CONSISTANTLY, either by phone, in person, email.....WHATEVER. We have to stop relying on the media to promote our shit, and do it ourselves.

BC....if you can, shoot me the Mom & Pop stores info.

peace.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
BETO916 said:
there isn't ANYONE workin' Bay music out there. you have to be in these retail spots CONSISTANTLY, either by phone, in person, email.....WHATEVER. We have to stop relying on the media to promote our shit, and do it ourselves.

BC....if you can, shoot me the Mom & Pop stores info.

peace.
I got you.

Oct 10, 2004
you gotta understand that california is on some other shit and the bay is on a completlly differnt level of other shit so its hard for someone to get into it thats not from our walk of life they dont understand it im not saying its right thats just the way it is selling nationwide would be mainstream and mainstream music is made with a universal sound and if you rappin about the bay area on a bay area beat well thats not very universal its very simple politics

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
TUNEZ_PWP said:
you gotta understand that california is on some other shit and the bay is on a completlly differnt level of other shit so its hard for someone to get into it thats not from our walk of life they dont understand it im not saying its right thats just the way it is selling nationwide would be mainstream and mainstream music is made with a universal sound and if you rappin about the bay area on a bay area beat well thats not very universal its very simple politics
I gotta disagree with you. When I was out here in 93 and 94. They was all on Bay Shit. 40, Spice Too Short, Mac Mall and C-Bo. These dudes out here in Nashville was bumpin our shit like they was from the Bay. The only artist that the south had at that time was Eightball & MJG, Ghetto Boys and UGK. The Game has changed a whole lot but if there was enough marketing and promotion like it used to be they would still be on our shit.

Sep 12, 2005
the tower records out here in d.c. got maaaajor love for the bay, they got almost as many products as the ones in the bay got. hopefully when the bay gets some shine in a few months more places accross the country will stock bay cds

Feb 2, 2005
Houston be stuck on BAY shit but it's like the homie said u gotta be in those markets 2 push the music, at least get out an establish relationships with different people in different markets so that if u aren't there u can keep in touch emails, phonecalls, ect.

Nov 16, 2005
good hearing all this bay love nationwide.

yeah i bought a few bay albums off ebay, but now i mostly use rapbay.com, they always got what i'm looking for.

Oct 10, 2004
thats a totally differnt era everyone loved the old bay shit cuz it wasnt some fool spittin about wheres hes from over and over again or how much purple he smokes or about his skraper back