These hoes today Should I Tell My Husband Our Last Child Isn’t His?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
ear Demetria:

I am the mother of two. I have an amazing husband and father to my children. The last child is not his, and he is unaware. His best friend and I had a one-night stand two years ago when my hubby was out of town. I can’t bring myself to come clean.

I just started going to therapy about this. The guilt is making me miserable. I feel honesty would break our whole family apart. I'm afraid to find out what my husband may do. —Anonymous

My grandmother had a saying about truth: “What’s done in the dark will always come to the light.” You’ve been carrying some huge secrets, and despite trying to ignore and avoid them, they’ve come to the forefront of your mind nearly three years later with a crippling vengeance that’s making you miserable.

I’m glad you’re in therapy. That’s a good starting point. If you have a good therapist, she or he will help you find the courage to “come clean,” as you put it, and tell your husband the truth about your affair and the child that resulted from it. It’s not the easy thing to do, but it is the right course of action here for everyone involved, including you.

Your husband deserves to know the truth, and sooner rather than later. Your child, though too young to understand what’s going on now, also deserves the truth, and the older she or he is when you tell her or him, the more devastated the child will be. Surely you’ve seen that viral video of the trailer for Paternity Court when a grown man discovers that his dad is not his biological father. He was broken, and it’s heartbreaking to watch. You don’t do that to your kid.

Your husband will be devastated, and he will be angry (to put it mildly). And the longer you wait, the more intense those feelings will be. I suggest that you speak with your therapist about bringing your husband into a session sooner rather than later and confessing to him in a controlled environment.

But before you do that, let’s make sure you’re accurate about what you’re confessing to. Have you had a DNA test done on the child to verify who her or his father is? I hope so, but if not, you need to do so immediately, and before you tell your husband anything. There’s no sense in having an unnecessary back-and-forth about who the actual father is, if your husband is actually that person.

If your husband is positively not the father, you need to inform your husband’s best friend that he is, if he’s not aware already. The best friend needs to know right after you tell your husband what you’ve been hiding. (Why after? Because your husband’s been on the back end of secrets long enough.) Your husband is also going to be hurt by and angry with him, too, but that’s not your concern. The men will work that out with each other.

Oh, and even if the child is biologically your husband’s, he still needs to know about the affair. You can leave out the part about spending the last two years thinking the child isn’t his.

You are right to think this is going to break your whole family apart. Three years of deception at this level is a big deal. My guess is that your husband will leave after you tell him the truth.

I don’t know how he will react in the long run after he’s had time to process your information—if he will want to work things out eventually or if he will ask for a divorce. I do know that the current state of your marriage is wholly unhealthy, and there’s no chance of it getting better as long as you’re wracked with guilt and carrying on with this deception. You have a family that appears intact, but you’re miserable. That’s no way to live.

Let’s also be honest about your marriage, which you want to save now: It’s not going to be broken; it’s already broken, and it’s been that way for a long time. You felt something was missing in your relationship, and you handled it in the worst way possible by having an affair. You got pregnant, and you’ve spent about three years lying and feeling guilty about it. Even if you don’t come clean about that, your marriage still has a huge problem.

Can this marriage be saved? In its current state, it’s not worth saving. But you at least have a (long) shot at a healthy relationship by being honest, and that’s a better bet than what you have currently. You can build a healthy relationship and a solid foundation on truth even when it’s ugly. Lies, as you’ve found over the last three years, destroy everything, even when they haven’t been revealed—yet.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/cul...ll_my_husband_our_last_child_isn_t_his.1.html

Last edited:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Bullshit advice.

If your husband is positively not the father, you need to inform your husband’s best friend that he is, if he’s not aware already. The best friend needs to know right after you tell your husband what you’ve been hiding. (Why after? Because your husband’s been on the back end of secrets long enough.) Your husband is also going to be hurt by and angry with him, too, but that’s not your concern. The men will work that out with each other.

Indeed, this is BULLSHIT advice. And look at the "that's not your concern" comment. WTF? So just throw an innocent party into the mix and don't worry about the ramifications because the two will work it out with each other? Who the FUCK wrote this article?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Bullshit advice.

Indeed, this is BULLSHIT advice. And look at the "that's not your concern" comment. WTF? So just throw an innocent party into the mix and don't worry about the ramifications because the two will work it out with each other? Who the FUCK wrote this article?
a woman

Oct 31, 2007
Bullshit advice.

Indeed, this is BULLSHIT advice. And look at the "that's not your concern" comment. WTF? So just throw an innocent party into the mix and don't worry about the ramifications because the two will work it out with each other? Q:Who the FUCK wrote this article?
A:Tyler Perry

Mar 18, 2008
Allow your husband to FUCK ON any and every bitch he wants for a whole YEAR and he will most definitley get over it...allow him to rent hotel rooms and call you... on the phone while he's BANGING on some other woman's pussy...as you listen to the whole encounter...if this makes you feel degraded and your husband knows this is tearing at you to see him so happy and indulgent in other women's sexual company...you are now both on your way to marital recovery...the last few steps are to listen to him tell you the stories of what he did with these other women (this is very important) WHILE HE IS BANGING YOU OUT...after completing these steps he won't give a FLYING FUCK ABOUT his best friend's one night stand with you. Matter of fact he will THANK his friend for a lifetime. If you DON'T carry out this reconciliation YOU NEVER LOVED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. That is why you slept with his best friend and never told him shit...STOP HANDCUFFING THAT MAN and let him roam for 1 year...he deserves it...AND SO DO YOU...so out of TRUE LOVE...DEAL WITH IT.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Allow your husband to FUCK ON any and every bitch he wants for a whole YEAR and he will most definitley get over it...allow him to rent hotel rooms and call you... on the phone while he's BANGING on some other woman's pussy...as you listen to the whole encounter...if this makes you feel degraded and your husband knows this is tearing at you to see him so happy and indulgent in other women's sexual company...you are now both on your way to marital recovery...the last few steps are to listen to him tell you the stories of what he did with these other women (this is very important) WHILE HE IS BANGING YOU OUT...after completing these steps he won't give a FLYING FUCK ABOUT his best friend's one night stand with you. Matter of fact he will THANK his friend for a lifetime. If you DON'T carry out this reconciliation YOU NEVER LOVED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. That is why you slept with his best friend and never told him shit...STOP HANDCUFFING THAT MAN and let him roam for 1 year...he deserves it...AND SO DO YOU...so out of TRUE LOVE...DEAL WITH IT.
Are you fucking serious?... And who says shit like 'banging you out'??

Nov 24, 2003
One in 25 fathers is not biological parent

One in 25 fathers may not be the biological parent of the child they believe to be theirs, according to a study published today.

Its authors say governments and society have not woken up to how DNA testing and genetic profiling are lifting the lid on a "Pandora's box" of hidden sexual behaviour or how the results might affect individuals, family relationships or public health....

One in 25 fathers is not biological parent - study | Society | The Guardian

Mar 18, 2008
This woman is a HEARTLESS, cruel, bitch. Se has ALREADY STARTED her therapy sessions and is well into her mental recovery....what she doesn't realize is that once her husband finds out she will have to start therapy all over again as it will be NEW negative emotions confronting her from him and possibly anyone else close to them. She is all about SELF PRESERVATION of her own emotions. So what is this guy to do: 1) leave her...and then the heartless witch hits him for child support 2) stay and reconcile with her (not retaliate by cheating) which SHE hopes is the outcome or 3) follow my steps to recovery and go SAVAGE and SMASH on other bitches for 1 full year with her in agreement...

I know there are a lot of FEMININE ass men on this site that won't agree with option number 3 because you are accustomed to having bitches WALK, SKATE, and RUN all over you... #truth

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
This woman is a HEARTLESS, cruel, bitch. Se has ALREADY STARTED her therapy sessions and is well into her mental recovery....what she doesn't realize is that once her husband finds out she will have to start therapy all over again as it will be NEW negative emotions confronting her from him and possibly anyone else close to them. She is all about SELF PRESERVATION of her own emotions. So what is this guy to do: 1) leave her...and then the heartless witch hits him for child support 2) stay and reconcile with her (not retaliate by cheating) which SHE hopes is the outcome

I know there are a lot of FEMININE ass men on this site that won't agree with option number 3 because you are accustomed to having bitches WALK, SKATE, and RUN all over you... #truth
Removed 3 because it'll never work, he needs to just up & leave her for being a scandalous hoe & move on to someone who got some sense of loyalty.

While a great vengeance plot, this scenario would never save their marriage.

Jun 11, 2004
I'm with ugly nigga on this one. I approve of this plan of action

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Allow your husband to FUCK ON any and every bitch he wants for a whole YEAR and he will most definitley get over it.
breh? whats this one year bullshit you speak of? How bout be a mf man and tell a woman straight up from the get how it is and will be, if she don't like it she can walk.

And for that marriage bullshit, that shit been played out.

Mar 18, 2008
breh? whats this one year bullshit you speak of? How bout be a mf man and tell a woman straight up from the get how it is and will be, if she don't like it she can walk.

And for that marriage bullshit, that shit been played out.
If it was his girlfriend...then BOUNCE ON THAT BITCH...you got no ties to the hoe I agree. But I read the scenario where the two involved are married...so if you bounce out you know she gonna turn scorned wether she was right or wrong...once you get another chick she gonna hit you with child support. When that happens you gonna feel stupid cause the bitch fucked yo patna, got pregnant by him and she diggin in your pockets cause you bailed out on the marriage. Revenge might be sweeter.

Props: StillHustlin

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
If it was his girlfriend...then BOUNCE ON THAT BITCH...you got no ties to the hoe I agree. But I read the scenario where the two involved are married...so if you bounce out you know she gonna turn scorned wether she was right or wrong...once you get another chick she gonna hit you with child support. When that happens you gonna feel stupid cause the bitch fucked yo patna, got pregnant by him and she diggin in your pockets cause you bailed out on the marriage. Revenge might be sweeter.
but she might make more $ than him & end up having to pay HIM.

the sweetest revenge is watched from afar.

Mar 18, 2008
Removed 3 because it'll never work, he needs to just up & leave her for being a scandalous hoe & move on to someone who got some sense of loyalty.

While a great vengeance plot, this scenario would never save their marriage.
I'm sorry to tell you bro...but AIN'T NO BITCH LOYAL...same problems different faces. If you EVER found a loyal chick in your life...and she not with you now...then that means (most likely) YOU fucked up.