The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
How do you like it?

BTW, did anyone aside from me get frustrated with the controls in Uncharted 3?
I think it's great. I've seen a lot of people complain about the stealth aspect of it (idk why. It's a Hitman game) and the disguise system but it doesn't bother me at all. I really like playing other people's contracts. Makes replaying levels a lot more fun than just doing the same mission over.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I think it's great. I've seen a lot of people complain about the stealth aspect of it (idk why. It's a Hitman game) and the disguise system but it doesn't bother me at all. I really like playing other people's contracts. Makes replaying levels a lot more fun than just doing the same mission over.
Yeah, I've been reading about those things as well. I had this on my radar but it fell off do to me being busy as fuck and already back logged. I don't want to get a game that controls like Uncharted 3 and I do want something where the story is good, so is it worth getting for the story?

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Yeah, I've been reading about those things as well. I had this on my radar but it fell off do to me being busy as fuck and already back logged. I don't want to get a game that controls like Uncharted 3 and I do want something where the story is good, so is it worth getting for the story?
I forgot what Uncharted 3 controls were like. Hitman has different controls for different actions. Triangle to interact with an object, circle to drag a body, X to change disguises, reload with R1, shoot with R2, etc. It's definitely different than FPS games.

Honestly, the story isn't the highlight of the game for me. It basically uses some girl you know very little about as a MacGuffin and goes on from there. It's the gameplay and different methods of assassination that make the game. So the story isn't exactly ground-breaking or anything.

Props: HERESY

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I forgot what Uncharted 3 controls were like. Hitman has different controls for different actions. Triangle to interact with an object, circle to drag a body, X to change disguises, reload with R1, shoot with R2, etc. It's definitely different than FPS games.

Honestly, the story isn't the highlight of the game for me. It basically uses some girl you know very little about as a MacGuffin and goes on from there. It's the gameplay and different methods of assassination that make the game. So the story isn't exactly ground-breaking or anything.
Good lookin out fam. The reviews of this are all over the place. Ign gave it a 9 while other spots gave it like a 6. But now I'm backlogged again because I just copped Dishonored and XCOM, for the 360, for $53 total, so it's gonna wait cause I also gotta get Okami HD before this.

Apr 2, 2010
Got a ton of games during the insane Steam deal period, mostly playing Day Z (Arma 2 mod) atm but the Mount and Blade collection for 8$ is unbelievable. SR3 with all DLC for 12$ was a steal too.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Got a ton of games during the insane Steam deal period, mostly playing Day Z (Arma 2 mod) atm but the Mount and Blade collection for 8$ is unbelievable. SR3 with all DLC for 12$ was a steal too.
Is the Mount and Blade collection still available? I haven't been on Steam in a while and I'm at school right now so I wanna get it for that price if I can later today.

Apr 2, 2010
Is the Mount and Blade collection still available? I haven't been on Steam in a while and I'm at school right now so I wanna get it for that price if I can later today.
Naw bro, sorry. Should of came on and told people about it, my bad. The only deal that is left:

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition = $7.49

and the rest is kind of crappy games.

oh and Alan Wake franchise for 10$

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Naw bro, sorry. Should of came on and told people about it, my bad. The only deal that is left:

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition = $7.49

and the rest is kind of crappy games.

oh and Alan Wake franchise for 10$
Damn, too bad. My computer isn't good enough to run Witcher 2 but I have the first Mount & Blade and it runs it just fine. I just don't wanna pay full price for the other games in the series. Thanks anyway.

Props: Count_Slapula
Apr 2, 2010
hey man is Day Z something u can play for free or do you have to buy Arma 2? also how do u like it?
You need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. It's one of my favorite games (mod technically) of all time, no game has ever come this close to a true multiplayer experience. It's basically like Fallout NV if it was online with more depth. There are rumors that a stand alone game will be made later this year.

Props: 2-0-Sixx

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I wanna get Omega but I hope it isn't just a 3 hour long DLC. I think I might wait until I read some reviews.
I'm waiting now. Woke up yesterday, saw all the fuss about the length and some other shit and decided to pass. I got a gift card from GameStop for $35 (traded in DARKSIDERS 2) so I might just use $12 for that for Splinter Cell Conviction.

Props: kingsix18