The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
dont want to make a new thread for this so fuck it

im thinking about buying an xbox360 250gb slim and was wondering how fragile the harddrives / system is

im going to be traveling heavily with it. basically anytime i use it itll first be traveling in my car for about an hour and a half long freeway drive. these things are obviously meant to sit stationary, so how bad is it to constantly drive it around like that? to constantly hook it up and unhook it and shit, and pack it and repack it. how much of the systems life am i taking off by doing this

i dont see how it could be a serious problem so if anybody has information otherwise please let me know

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i have no idea butch, but i would say wrap that shit in foam or get a traveling case for it..i mean if they make a traveling case it cant be all that bad can it?

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
FUCK IM BORED OF EVERYTHING

WAITING FOR COD/BF/MADDEN

SICK OF EVERY GAME NEED SOMETHING NEW TO PLAY IN MY SPARE TIME

Feb 3, 2006
Just got done playing Army of Two and Army of Two 40th day. Some of the best co-op gameplay in a long time, 40th day was a improvement of the first game in everyway. You need another player to enjoy these games. I finished Gears of War and Gears of War 2 last weekend, I'm getting ready for part 3. I'm about to start Halo: Reach.

Jun 24, 2005
Just got Medal of Honor in the mail. Hopefully I can knock it out this weekend and send it back by Monday so GF will send me another game, hopefully by Friday/Saturday.

Aug 24, 2003
@M BUTCHER, you should be cool. The first thing to go with something like that would be the cables since you're constantly plugging them in, unplugging, etc. If you're really concerned just get a case or keep the box the unit came in and use that for when you travel.
thanks everybody for the advice. yea i was thinking about just using the box it came in

ive had bad experiences with ipods just turning into bricks after tiny ass little drops and bumps. i was hoping the xbox360 / ps3 doesnt have a faggot harddrive like the ones that ipod uses. i dont want to go over a speedbump and have the system turn into a brick

Jun 24, 2005
I haven't, but my friend has. He enjoyed them, and I usually trust his judgement.
Just to let you know in case you haven't seen, The Alan Wake DLC is on sale this week, as is a lot of other DLC for games published by Microsoft.

Also, I got Medal of Honor on Friday, and had it beat by Saturday night. I dropped it in the mail Monday morning, hopefully GameFly will get me another game soon!

As for what I'm currently playing, probably gonna play the AW DLC now while awaiting my next game.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Just got God of War Collection in the mail today so I started playing it a little bit tonight. Should be able to get some quality time tomorrow after work.

Apr 2, 2010
I've been playing Demon's Souls. That game is unforgiving...
Really? I thought it was easy and incredibly short/cheap..

Only time you die is when they pull some bs, like trying to lock on to a enemy 5 feet in front of you but it locks on to a enemy literally 100 feet in the air behind you then your fuckin dead..

I'm dead serious this actually happened to me^ I was pissed...Killing the boss in the begining is kind of fun though..

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Really? I thought it was easy and incredibly short/cheap..

Only time you die is when they pull some bs, like trying to lock on to a enemy 5 feet in front of you but it locks on to a enemy literally 100 feet in the air behind you then your fuckin dead..

I'm dead serious this actually happened to me^ I was pissed...Killing the boss in the begining is kind of fun though..
I've died while trying to lock onto enemies too. A lot of my deaths have been from getting ambushed by those red-eye knights. One hit and I'm dead. I just hate getting so far in a level then dying just before the boss and I gotta do everything all over again.