the west is back?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 11, 2003

from the allhiphop rumors section. What do you think?

"So, as you can see I took the day off on the rumors. I need it with all my hard, work! Plus, there didn't seem to be a lot going on, except Eminem putting out Recovery. BUT, I HAVE TO ASK YOU...The Game is dissing the mess out of 50 Cent and G-Unit on this new 400 Bars. Now, clearly Dr. Dre is messing with The Game on Detox. 50 Cent isn't. Honestly, I don't think Game would release this without Dre's OK. Remember Game went against Dre in the first place and it messed up their relationship. Eminem's new album is called Recovery and Dr. Dre is noticeably absent from the list of producers on the press release. On the other side Dr. Dre has also re-aligned with Ice Cube, who is in fine form as an elder MC. WOW!!!

There there are all the other rappers coming up in the West Coast game. I'm not going to specify but...I will, Murs, Glasses, Jay Rock, Mistah Fab, U-N-I, Crooked I and a bunch of others. First question: is the WEST BACK LIKE THE 90's????? AND...the poll. In your opinion, has Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent straight broken up!? "

Apr 8, 2005
Cube has an album coming out. Dre supposedly has an album coming out for the past 115 years. Eminem and 50 cent's sales went lacking last albums. Sounds like a way to stir up controversy to get people interested in them again. Gotta love the music business. And we as consumers love sex, money, and drama!!!!

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
this is def. Drama. I think Em is happy doing his own thing. He learned alot from Dre and is a self-maintained machine now and I think with 50, its the same type of deal. The one thing that is clearly vissible is the OG's are all coming out with solid releases this year. 40 just hit us with a nice set, BLH did his thang too....Black C is coming with an instant classic, well see what Keak does...

Jan 23, 2007
this is def. Drama. I think Em is happy doing his own thing. He learned alot from Dre and is a self-maintained machine now and I think with 50, its the same type of deal. The one thing that is clearly vissible is the OG's are all coming out with solid releases this year. 40 just hit us with a nice set, BLH did his thang too....Black C is coming with an instant classic, well see what Keak does...
"Still blowin" from short is a co listen

May 7, 2002
Cube has an album coming out. Dre supposedly has an album coming out for the past 115 years. Eminem and 50 cent's sales went lacking last albums. Sounds like a way to stir up controversy to get people interested in them again. Gotta love the music business. And we as consumers love sex, money, and drama!!!!
Eminem's sales were lacking?

No surprise: Eminem's "Relapse" brings the rapper back to familiar ground -- the No. 1 slot on the Billboard 200. With 608,000 sold in its first week, it not only nets the biggest sales week of the year for any album, but the best since AC/DC's "Black Ice" began with 784,000 copies last October.

It's Eminem's fifth straight No. 1 debut -- and fifth overall No. 1. His only album to miss the top spot was his "Slim Shady LP" debut, which bowed and peaked at No. 2 in 1999.

http://www.billboard.com/news/emine...s-relapse-tops-billboard-200-1003976765.story

May 8, 2008
I think the West is "back" as far as consistently making quality music.....but the South and East are still wayyyyy ahead as far as national exposure. East Coast still don't play West Coast shit, Down South really only plays their own shit, and West Coast stations plays everybody. We still losing.

Jul 15, 2002
I think the West is "back" as far as consistently making quality music.....but the South and East are still wayyyyy ahead as far as national exposure. East Coast still don't play West Coast shit, Down South really only plays their own shit, and West Coast stations plays everybody. We still losing.
You just hit the nail on the head!

Jan 23, 2006
DIDN'T KNOW DRE WAS PRODUCING ON THE NEW CUBE ALBUM THAT'S DOPE I STILL WANT A NEW N.W.A ALBUM CUBE, REN, DRE, AND LIL EAZY WOULD BE A NICE LINE UP FOR THE GROUP

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
DIDN'T KNOW DRE WAS PRODUCING ON THE NEW CUBE ALBUM THAT'S DOPE I STILL WANT A NEW N.W.A ALBUM CUBE, REN, DRE, AND LIL EAZY WOULD BE A NICE LINE UP FOR THE GROUP
BE BETTER IF WE GOT A NEW N.W.A ALBUM CUBE, REN, DRE, YELLA AND DOC.

Apr 21, 2006
I agree, but I also think that people should stop worrying about what everyone else thinks and just do them. Back in the day, rappers just did them and told their side of the story, they werent worried about "Will the radio love this? Will I bring the West back with this slapper?" Nah.. who cares.. just keep making quality music.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
the only reason the statement 'the west is back' is a statement is because other spots dont want us to completely take over the game again...greed...

that comment originated from someone out of cali...

ask someone in cali and theyll say we havent gone anywhere.