The Top 10 Textcees

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2002
No bullshit in this post people, please.

Anyway I was browsing the board's posts from WAY back and saw that Tim C started a couple threads asking who people thought were the best of the board. I just wanted to do the same and see who the current people thought were the ten best, from the past and present. I'll start.

1. FATAL NYGHTMARE - It was a close one between him and seak, but the way Fatal has been puttin it down lately I'd have to give it to him. This vato has been putting it down as long as I can remember. Punches, multis, metaphors, similes, he has everything including a firme layout.

2. Seak - Basically the same description as Fatal, but he hasn't posted nearly as many flows and not nearly as consistantly. Where the fuck is he anyway?

3. Dvious - Probably the smoothest pieces ever... Nobody's shit flowed as smoothly as Dvious, and he had his share of punches, multis, and metaphors as well.

4. TiM-C - Had a style similar to Fatal's, in fact I remember Fatal accusing him of biting his style. Funny shit in the old days.

5. Stealth - Nice wordplay and rhymes. I haven't see a whole lot of battles from him though.

6. Bayzhe Pow - I never could pronounce this vato's damn screenname, but he came raw with it either way.

7. Juan Million - Sick metaphors and punchlines.

8. IntenseFear - This vato came on the scene with some hot shit, but just disappeared.

9. Jabbz - This vato is pretty new, but I like his shit. He comes good.

10. Deuce - Shit was kinda hard to read, but when you deciphered his shit it was nothing but fire.

Who do you think makes the top 10, and what order?

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
I'm pretty new to the site, so my knowledge of other cats before april is nil...

but now...out of those I have seen..in no particular order (haven't seen enough of everyone to put rank on there..just props)

Fatal
MURK
TROLL
Jabbs
theWorst (most improved)
JL MACN
TUNEZ_PWP
lowercase
sicc wid it
choriz (when you used to spit)
...uh ok..ME

Feb 28, 2005
BIG CHORIZO said:
8. IntenseFear - This vato came on the scene with some hot shit, but just disappeared.
I aint disappeared my nig, just aint been posting. Been peepin this shit cuz its a koo forum though. I got too lazy to flow so I just stopped posting haha.

Anyway I'd say Fatal is probably the best lyrical mastermind, but here's a few other cats I think are koo:

Jabbz
TROLL
The Worst
Murk
JLMACN
Big Chorizo
Beto916
Sicc_Wit_It
and Krazy Flowz been puttin it down lately too.

Like Beto, I'm fairly new so I can't speak on any of the older heads in Chorizo's list, but I've heard nothing but good things about seak.

Jun 3, 2005
first and foremost I gotta say Jabbz boy!! other than that:

1. fatal nyghtmare
2. beto916
3. troll
4. lil ck 619
5. krazy flowz

those are all the people i know that are any good so thats all i can judge.

Apr 25, 2002
I've only seen one spit from Murk, so I can't put him in the top 10, but not including myself....

1. Seak
2. Dvious
3. Stealth
4. Tim-C
5. Deuce
6. Juan Million
7. Bayzhe Pow
8. IntenseFear
9. Big Chorizo
10. The Bigg Lee

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Let me go ahead and say for those of you that weren't on this board around 1998-2000 - You missed out on the best heads to ever grace this board - Jef, Kawada the Insurmountable, and Anibus

1. Jef
2. Kawada the Insurmountable
3. Anibus
4. Seak
4. Dvious
4. Fatal Nyghtmare
4. Young Vicious
8. Bayze PoW
9. Dj Hex
10. <--- I'll reserve this for whoever I forgot or left off the list. So if your name isn't on here, don't feel bad! Just chalk yourself in at #10

Love to everyone who remembered my name - I'm barely ever here - but if there's a tourny going on i'm always down -

Jun 16, 2002
I was around back in 98, and everyone has their own opinion, but IMO everybody you placed in that #4 slot is better than your top 3. But to each his own. Nice seeing you post again carnal.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I always thought - they were the first heads i've ever seen post up on here - that maybe I was biased. But I honestly think Kawada and Jef were nasty as fuck.

As far as anibus, me and him used to talk a lot off of this site - he'd show me what he was workin on, give me links to his battles on other sites, i saw a lot of what he was able to do - he's one of the reasons i got into this shit hardcore - always tellin me my shit was good and i oughta work on it - offering me pointers (no one ever offered me advice) - i wish i woulda stayed in touch with him -

Then again - in all fairness - I should cut those 3 people off the list cuz basically no one knows who they are...so:

1. Seak
2. Dvious
3. Fatal
4. Young Vicious
5. Bayzhe

Apr 25, 2002
It's funny how times change, as do our minds and ways of thinking. I remember back in the day everyone was all over Smurf's nuts, when in all honesty I felt he was absolute trash. But that fool had people praising his rhymes.... shit was a joke. Back in the day, Jef and Kawada were dope, but just as technology advances, our rhymes and styles also advance. I feel seak and Dvious were by far better than Jef or Kawada, but that's a little difficult to comprehend because back in 98 and 99 they were the absolute shit because the overall talent level was significantly lower. Our minds won't allow us to believe that someone could be better than the original bad asses. It's kinda like the old Steel Curtain defense compared to the Ravens' superbowl D.... the talent level is so much higher now than it was in the Steel Curtain days that there's really no comparrison. Ravens by far. But many people still say the Steel Curtain is the best defense in history.... I don't know if you guys are following me. If not, then sorry but I can't help you. LOL. Either way Jef and Kawada were hard.