The Recommend A Foreign Movie Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002

Release Date: 17 July 2005 Kazakhstan
Genre: Drama | History | War

Nomad is set in 18th-century Kazakhstan, a vast, pitiless region of austere and terrible beauty, and tells the story of a boy who is destined to one day unite the three warring tribes of the country who have survived and fought for centuries - against invaders, against their formidable enemies and amongst themselves.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Princess Aurora

Princess Aurora (original Korean Title 오로라공주) is a 2005 South Korean film about a mother, grieving the death of her child, who goes on a murderous revenge spree. Though it was released with far less fanfare, its violent theme earned it comparison to Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, released the same year. It was the directorial and writing debut of Bang Eun-jin, who had previously worked on Address Unknown and 301, 302.

May 14, 2002
Män Som Hatar Kvinnor (2009)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/

Forty years ago, Harriet Vanger disappeared from a family gathering on the island owned and inhabited by the powerful Vanger clan. Her body was never found, yet her uncle is convinced it was murder and that the killer is a member of his own tightly knit but dysfunctional family. He employs disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist and the tattooed, ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander to investigate. When the pair link Harriet's disappearance to a number of grotesque murders from almost forty years ago, they begin to unravel a dark and appalling family history. But the Vanger's are a secretive clan, and Blomkvist and Salander are about to find out just how far they are prepared to go to protect themselves.

There is an US version being made or there is one already, but I suggest you watch the orriginal. It's Swedish, the first part of a trilogy. I haven't seen the other two yet but this movie was a good watch.

Sep 17, 2007
bump.

JUST FINISHED RED CLIFF PT 2... EPIC FILM. EPIC FILM, BRAH.

lui bei, cao cao and all the rest of the characters from that game Dynasty Warriors are in this movie. never knew they were real people haha whodathunkit
I'm gettin this on netflix tonight, im bout to blow a fat blunt to this.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Thirst/Bakjwi

Thirst (Korean: 박쥐; Bakjwi; literally: Bat) is a 2009 horror/drama film, written, produced and directed by Park Chan-wook. It is loosely based on the novel Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola. The film tells the story of a priest—who is in love with his friend’s wife—turning into a vampire through a failed medical experiment. Park has stated, "This film was originally called 'The Bat' to convey a sense of horror. After all, it is about vampires. But it is also more than that. It is about passion and a love triangle. I feel that it is unique because it is not just a thriller, and not merely a horror film, but an illicit love story as well."

From the same director of Oldboy and The Vengeance Trilogy, I saw this a month ago, it was pretty damn good. Very solid writing/directing, Park is back to his Lady Vengeance level of quality. Also it's a "vampire" flick thats actually GOOD, thats pretty unheard of nowadays.

Oct 23, 2009
bump.

JUST FINISHED RED CLIFF PT 2... EPIC FILM. EPIC FILM, BRAH.

lui bei, cao cao and all the rest of the characters from that game Dynasty Warriors are in this movie. never knew they were real people haha whodathunkit
Just finished watching part 1 of this movie. Didn't expect it to be 2 1/2 hours but it was really good. I like how the fighting scenes are good but not over top. Gonna check out part 2 as soon as Netflix sends it.

Apr 2, 2010
Ip Man Of Course...Suprised It Hasn't Been Mentioned Yet

Release Date: 12 December 2008 (China)
Genre: Martial Art/Biography/Drama/History

Awards:
Best Film x2
Best Actor Award (Donnie Yen) x3
Best Action Choreography x3
Best Director (Wilson Yip)

this is really dope action movie
No doubt, defintely the most realistic Martial Art movie ever made imo...