the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
seriously wtf is wrong with kobe, naw fuck that, even the lakers, that firty ass picture of luke walton and Odom and some other dude, kobe is kissing his team mates.......on the lips..... jesus christ.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
didnt get to see any of the game, but the boxscore looks nice, still 2mins to go.

oden with 18pts 8rebs, including 10-12 from the line, which is DOPE
miller with 16pts, 5-6 shooting
and aldridge with 20pts on 8-11 shooting.

looks like roy had a tough shooting night goin 3-11.
along with rudy who only had 1pt

anyone watch the game?

Sep 4, 2002
only NBA.com has highlights of the game...

buuut sense I was at the game, the only dude who stood out for the kings was that Casspi dude. other then that looked like the same kings from last year. sergio didn't do anything.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
hopefully you guys fuck up the Lakers this year
Fuck the lakers.

Ull see me court side in January. Imma run to the court n shit on them faggot artest/kobe/gasol. That bitch sacha imabitch can lick one too. Pull his hair like I do wit my female. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaatch.

Faggot lakers. Fuck u alllll.

Ya bitch. I'm drunk suckas. Not ne more 2 hours late From my birthday but lakers are gay all day ne day.

And this is a big FUCK u to ne of u queer ass warrior fans. HAHA. Losers. Fuck u!!!!

*im drunk n will not rememmebr this*

also, fuck u chree.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The Portland Trail Blazers have reached agreement with forward LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) on a five-year extension worth more than $65 million, NBA sources said.

The deal assures Aldridge between $65-68 million with incentives that could push the total value closer to $70 million.
Aldridge, 24, averaged 18.1 points and 7.5 rebounds last season.

The Trail Blazers previously signed All-Star guard Brandon Roy(notes) to a five-year extension in August that could be worth more than $80 million.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Canzano: Blazers' final roster spot is a matter of the heart
By John Canzano, The Oregonian
October 21, 2009, 6:39PM
He fell in love with Sebastian Telfair. And he raves about Jerryd Bayless' potential. And Paul Allen's eyes danced when he talked about the development of Sergio Rodriguez. And so you should not be surprised today when the Trail Blazers give the final roster spot to Patty Mills.

He may not play for months.

He may never be a starter.

But what we have here is a matter of mostly heart and Allen exercising his ownership rights by keeping around a player he is already falling for.

"I love to watch the young point guards," Allen told me after the team's first practice of the season. And coach Nate McMillan confirmed that at times in the last few seasons Allen has visited with him before games and asked, innocently, "Is Sebastian Telfair playing tonight?" or "Will Sergio get more minutes?"

McMillan will not like this decision because it takes away a full-time player and gives the roster spot to someone who isn't ready. And general manager Kevin Pritchard won't like it because he promised Ime Udoka and Jarron Collins that their play on the court in the preseason would determine who won the spot.

Neither owns the team, though. Allen made that clear through this decision, and right now, I think the Blazers owner got it right.

Allen doesn't make day-to-day decisions. He isn't a distraction, like the Mavericks' Mark Cuban or the Cowboys' Jerry Jones. As owners go, if picking the final roster spot ends up being his only request, then I think you have to accept that it's a reasonable one.

McMillan miffed? Pritchard frustrated? Sorry, but the Blazers haven't played well enough at spots 1-14 in the preseason to be in a position to stomp their feet over the No. 15 spot. The move simplifies McMillan's playing rotation by removing Udoka, who could play multiple positions. It saves Allen a few hundred thousand dollars in salary. And the upside of keeping Mills is infinitely higher than either Udoka or Collins, who are good guys but would never have been threats to start.

Mills might end up a nothing signing. But he's got a great first step and is fascinating to speculate about. And Allen made his fortune as a longshot himself, which gives us a rational explanation for the billionaire's fondess for ambitious start-up point guards.

Mills, an aboriginal Australian, was terrific in the Beijing Olympics. He scored 20 against Team USA and averaged 14.2 points in the Olympic tournament. Mills draws comparisons to Tony Parker. And given the Blazers owner's affinity for talented young point guards, does keeping Mills for the final roster spot really come as a jolting surprise?

He's small for his position. He's a streaky shooter. But Mills is quick, penetrates, and is a big-time leader on the court.

You're going to learn all that when you see him play someday.

Cuban spent this week telling reporters that he'd consider lifting the league's steroid ban if he could be assured it would be safe. And Jones started the season arguing with the NFL over a giant replay screen. But Allen is busy picking the final spot on the bench, sending a message that he's still the boss, and if that's the biggest distraction I think the Blazers should be happy to live with it.

Allen will write the luxury-tax check if the Blazers end up a tax payer. He'll foot the bill for Brandon Roy's maximum-deal contract, and for LaMarcus Aldridge's five-year, $65 million deal that the sides reportedly agreed to on Wednesday.

Just pointing out that this is still a business, and there's still someone holding the bill at the end. That would be Allen. If he loves seeing young point guards develop, so be it.

McMillan wanted another experienced body. Pritchard wanted a deeper roster. But Allen is the boss, and that rules all today.

John Canzano: 503-294-5065;