the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2008
^ i bet you see alot of those "Rip City" jerseys in the stands next year. lol @ Bill Shonleys jersey during the release!! i mean really wtf? we couldnt find him one smaller, or make him up one that fit real quick??? hahaha. i cracked up when i first saw that picture. i like those red ones for sure though. those are slick. doesnt matter we could wear pink and we'll still win the northwest division. greg will focus on playing the game and not what everyone thinks, he'll mature this year, as will rudy. i dont think rudys gonna make a HUGE leap, but will show if nothing else, more consistent play. Batum has a lot of potential to make a big step too. but like rudy i think we know what kind of players to look for, so instead of increased numbers just better decision making will do wonders. martell, travis, jerryd, pendegraph, and blake are going to have to fight for minutes, i think everyone else is pretty defined in their roles, cept maybe greg and joel, but either way we are comfortable. i really do like our chances to make a run at the western conference, at least for a little bit. the l*kers are going to obviously be the favorites by a long shot, but if we are 2nd or 3rd in the west we are looking real good, and i think that 2 or 3 is very attainable this year.

Sep 4, 2002
we have to prove we can consistently challenge top west teams on the road. until then we need at least a 2 seed to get to the conference finals this year.

we need to beat the fuckin l*kers in LA god damnit!!!

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Blazers will take a look at Juwan Howard and Stromile Swift
Posted by Jason Quick, The Oregonian September 05, 2009 12:20PM
Categories: Free Agency

Veterans Juwan Howard and Stromile Swift will audition for the Trail Blazers next week as the team looks to sign a backup power forward before training camp opens at the end of the month.

Howard, a 15-year veteran, played in 42 games last season (three with Denver, 39 with Charlotte) and averaged 4.1 points and 1.8 rebounds.

Swift, an 8-year veteran, played in 19 games last season (six with New Jersey, 13 with Phoenix).

Both will scrimmage with current Blazers players over the next three weeks, and general manager Kevin Pritchard said he expects the team will sign one, or two, players before training camp starts on Sept. 28. The NBA allows teams to carry as many as 15 players; the Blazers have 12 players under contract, which doesn't include rookie Jeff Pendergraph, who Pritchard said is "getting close" to signing.

Pritchard said other free agents will also take part in Blazers scrimmages this month, including former Blazers summer league standout Zendon Hamilton, but Howard and Swift have the biggest resumes.

Travis Outlaw will enter training camp as the backup power forward, and rookie Dante Cunningham will also add depth at the position, but Pritchard said he is specifically looking to add a power forward with the available roster spots.

"We want a competitive camp,'' Pritchard said.

Howard, 36, has played with seven different NBA teams and is a former All-Star. Two seasons ago he played a key reserve role with Houston, averaging 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds.

"We really like him,'' Pritchard said. "We like his leadership. Everywhere he has been he has been a great influence, and we think he can still play.''

Swift, 29, was the second overall pick in the 2000 NBA draft, but he never materialized into a star. His best season was his second, when he averaged 11.8 points and 6.3 rebounds for Memphis.

Note: Pritchard said the team continues to negotiate with starting power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who is eligible for a contract extension. The team has until Oct. 31 to sign Aldridge to a one-to-five year extension, or else he will become a restricted free agent after this season. "We're talking,'' Pritchard said. "We're definitely working at it.''

-------------------

ok, sure howard is a veteran and everything, but hes fucking 36, i didnt even know he still played.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Sall good. I ended up havin a dope squad lol!! Imma just claim the W now!

Hawaii was great. I was supposed to go to la Paz Mexico for fishing but the hurricane came so everything moved to Hawaii. We went big game fishing. Tried to catch some marlins n yellow fin tunas but no luck lol. We caught an ono aka wahu. Soo good. We were the first boat to catch a fish.

Also played bout 54 rounds of golf.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Sall good. I ended up havin a dope squad lol!! Imma just claim the W now!

Hawaii was great. I was supposed to go to la Paz Mexico for fishing but the hurricane came so everything moved to Hawaii. We went big game fishing. Tried to catch some marlins n yellow fin tunas but no luck lol. We caught an ono aka wahu. Soo good. We were the first boat to catch a fish.

Also played bout 54 rounds of golf.
nice man, i can only imagine playin golf in hawaii, would be awesome. i havent played in over a month, and im itchin too. probably play next week.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Blazers rookie Jeff Pendergraph to undergo hip surgery
Posted by Jason Quick, The Oregonian September 07, 2009 17:48PM
Categories: Team News

Trail Blazers rookie Jeff Pendergraph will undergo left hip surgery on Wednesday and is expected to miss a considerable portion of the season, although a timetable will be determined after the procedure.

The second-round pick from Arizona State has an impingement in his left hip, a mechanical disorder that in Pendergraph's case, is congenital. Wednesday's surgery will be in Vail, Colo.

Pendergraph has not signed a contract with the Blazers, but general manager Kevin Pritchard on Saturday said a deal was imminent. Indications are that the injury and subsequent surgery will not discourage the team from signing the power forward.

The Trail Blazers open training camp on Sept. 28 and play their first exhibition game on Oct. 6. The regular season opens Oct. 27 against Houston in the Rose Garden.

--------------------------

man, great....