The Official Special Effects Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Look the singles were out, that person had a conscious decision to make before hand to download or not to download, there is no "reasoning" with me I agree because I didn't do shit but state the obvious.
It's like someone telling you they don't like pizza rolls and you say "You liked them enough to get a free sample at the supermarket when you walked by"

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
It's like someone telling you they don't like pizza rolls and you say "You liked them enough to get a free sample at the supermarket when you walked by"
Okay but the singles usually distinctively suggest the way of the album especially opening with aw yeah comeon who the fuck is going to listen to that get hype then not turn around and like Shroud? I just cant see someone not liking the album but liking the singles enough to download the shit, like get over tech if you don't like his new shit.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
But... there's literally nothing "good" about downloading an album. It's purely curiosity-based downloading. If there's an expectation of goodness, it's because the person has a preconceived notion of whatever it is they're downloading.

If this person has never heard of the media being downloaded aside from a commercial or something, they wouldn't know whether or not the media would be "good" until they listen and formulate their own opinion. So, no, your line of reasoning doesn't make sense, and stating the obvious wasn't really what you did.

You made an assumption that the reason the person downloaded the album was because of a preconceived idea the album would be good. You may be right. You most likely are. However, by saying you stated the obvious and that the person downloaded the album because they knew it would be good, is based solely on your perception of the album and the artist.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
I would completely agree with you on everything, but I do believe it's got to that point where haters are just as obsessed with tech as his fans, ofc that again is my perception and maybe his albums are more relative to my life than the other, I concur... I'm sure we could go back and forth but this is not that type of thread so i'll stop here.

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
But... there's literally nothing "good" about downloading an album. It's purely curiosity-based downloading. If there's an expectation of goodness, it's because the person has a preconceived notion of whatever it is they're downloading.

If this person has never heard of the media being downloaded aside from a commercial or something, they wouldn't know whether or not the media would be "good" until they listen and formulate their own opinion. So, no, your line of reasoning doesn't make sense, and stating the obvious wasn't really what you did.

You made an assumption that the reason the person downloaded the album was because of a preconceived idea the album would be good. You may be right. You most likely are. However, by saying you stated the obvious and that the person downloaded the album because they knew it would be good, is based solely on your perception of the album and the artist.

Yo I don't think walls can talk back man.

Last edited:

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
after a first listen all the way through the album structure is leaps and bounds beyond Something Else which I thought was all over the place.

the first half of the album up flowed through exceptionally well and the track with Corey Taylor was doper than I thought it would've been... if only Therapy sounded as raw as that did and less watered down/overproduced than that EP was.

my only qualms so far upon first listen:

- Yo Gotti's verse could've been done without and/or replaced.
- Waynes tone and verse was horrible but I expected that.
- the hook on Yates, which I think was lackluster.

otherwise I think this has ALOT more replay value than his previous full length.

Ps. Psycho Bitch III shit's all over Pt. II.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I didn't mind Yo Gottis verse. Audio Push dropped dope verses and my favorite guest verse was surprisingly (sort of) Big Scoob. Fuck 2 Chainz verse though. On first listen the album was ok. I def need to give it another spin before I form an opinion.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
I really don't mind psychobitch 3 but the beat did sound way too similar and also the chorus was too similar. Would probably have worked out better if hopsin worked on the beat and also if tech wrote the entire song in person with hopsin instead of the online shit it worked last time but this time wasn't that fluid, it works but not to the best extent. Could have been a back and forth song maybe instead of two verse, one verse cut/pastey feely.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I didn't mind Yo Gottis verse. Audio Push dropped dope verses and my favorite guest verse was surprisingly (sort of) Big Scoob. Fuck 2 Chainz verse though. On first listen the album was ok. I def need to give it another spin before I form an opinion.
I forgot to mention 2Chainz but his verse was bearable in comparison to Wayne's and that's not saying much... as for Gotti he bored me. Gangsta Gibbs would've been 1,000,000 times better and seeing as Tech was on tour with him can't see why it couldn't happen.

Audio Push were a snug fit considering Jay-Z was initially slated for the track.

Ps. their mixtape's dope btw if anyone wanted to check that out. been bumpin it all week as well as their drops on Soundcloud.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I forgot to mention 2Chainz but his verse was bearable in comparison to Wayne's and that's not saying much... as for Gotti he bored me. Gangsta Gibbs would've been 1,000,000 times better and seeing as Tech was on tour with him can't see why it couldn't happen.

Audio Push were a snug fit considering Jay-Z was initially slated for the track.

Ps. their mixtape's dope btw if anyone wanted to check that out. been bumpin it all week as well as their drops on Soundcloud.
I forgot Gibbs and tech were on tour together. That would be an amazing collab.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I like most of the tracks so far, having only listened to it 1 full time now...the thing that gets me though is the album doesn't flow together, it just sounds all over the place. In theory you could put this album on shuffle and wouldn't feel any different

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
No K is that one. Has Radio written all over it. Although... it does sound somewhat familiar?
I think this album has a lot of little similarities all around.
Roadkill to me sounds lyrically like be warned. (edit: Or even a mix of bad wolf & be warned)
Theres a lot more but some are so faint that you can't really remember them all.

I think what you're looking for is where he's speaking a lot of spanish. which is somewhat a handful of older songs.

Last edited: