The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
He's only 27 and a monster at the plate. In the AL he can manage to get fatter and DH lol. He would be a great pick up. I wish the Angels would sign him but that's not happening

Feb 14, 2004
Yeah, either him or Jose Reyes would be nice additions. But Jose has a history of being injured. Seattle teams put up with injury prone players enough as is lol

Feb 14, 2004
Offered him a 4 year contract, him and his agent said it wasn't enough. So declared for FA and got a one year deal with Boston. And Mariner's ended up giving that same 4 year contract to Figgins.

Aug 24, 2003
LOL @ trading Felix. No.

People in Seattle are getting desperate i see. SO instead of us losing games 3-1, they want us to lose 7-5? You get rid of pitching to get offense, and you can score but cant stop the otehr team from scoring. Are these writers that fuckin stupid?
i cant agree more, and thats exactly what would happen. we've completely relied on our run prevention this year vs run production, and its given the illusion that we're a team that can compete at the playoff level. you get rid of run prevention, you got NOTHING. unless you can find yourself 5 all star bats, thered be no chance at all.

trading ANY of our pitchers would be fucking stupid. thatd be like penalizing the only guys that have given us a chance to win this year by dumping them. there is no one in my opinion that could fix our offense. even with prince fielder, we'd still lose. and im not even sold on prince fielder honestly. there needs to be about 3-4 solid bats. the 3-4 solid bats are going to be coming up from the farm. theres no way we can compete for the playoffs this year, we lost too much when texas and the angels were losing, and now we're about to get swept by texas. there is no way texas is going to just fall completely off the map and consistently lose from here to the end of the season, and even if they did, the angels would not lose like that either.

chalk the rest of the season up as practice for the rookies folks, dont throw away the rebuild by trading our keystones

Aug 24, 2003
Offered him a 4 year contract, him and his agent said it wasn't enough. So declared for FA and got a one year deal with Boston. And Mariner's ended up giving that same 4 year contract to Figgins.

i want some of whatever the owners were smoking when they decided to bank nearly 1/3rd of the on field payroll on two old and declining slap-stick lead off hitters. i have nothing but respect for ichiro, but it is what it is.

Aug 24, 2003
anybody see that ass face grab that foul ball ichiro was trying to catch? then hold it up with a shit eating grin on his face?

i understand he has every right to get the ball if its over the fence, but that was just bullshit how he taunted everybody afterwards and didnt get the boot.

Aug 24, 2003
4+ runs in 7 straight games....26 innings straight of NO scoring. I cant believe this would actually be a WORSE offensive team than LAST year...which was the WORST since the DH era started.
i think the problem is we were a couple games behind texas near the all star break, and we've shown flashes of being a great team. we were bit by the winning bug and now we are expecting too much from a team that NO ONE thought was going to be able to even compete this year. its kind of outrageous ppl are calling for trades and are demanding a playoff run when at the beginning of the year no one had any hope at all

however there is no excuse for those offensive numbers. i think it would be better for everybodys mental health if we just chalked this year up as already over, and focus on watching the young talent get better.

also did anybody else notice the 30 inning scoreless streak was broken once lou pinella stepped into the announcer box?

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
lol

Feb 14, 2004
So Guti's AVG is .189, second lowest in the lineup, and they moved him up to 2nd in the lineup today, and first thing he does is cause a double play. Way to go M's!

Feb 14, 2004
David Aardsma to have Tommy John surgery, out for rest of the season. There's also a possibility he won't pitch at all in 2012.