The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
dear god
didnt see the game but listened to the first two innings over am radio
first pitch thrown by felix got touched for a single, ouch.

sucks i missed the first ackley HR
sucks even more felix got dinged up and took the loss after michael pineda shut it down last night, was really really hoping for back to back ace pitching performances

Aug 24, 2003
Our hitters just couldn't get it done tonight. Hopefully we'll win tomorrow night tho

yea the offense was poor last night too, sure we won but we really squeaked by in my opinion, if you really look at it, phillies are 44-26 coming into seattle, you gotta put a minimum of 5 up there on the board. you cant rely on the 'best team' in baseball going through the first 5 innings with no hits in back to back games, great teams score in bunches.

mariners bats gotta really catch fire tomorrow if we expect to get a win with vargas on the mound. they gotta light cole hamels up early and score big early cause the phillies bullpen is pitching shutout baseball

Worth noting
• The Phillies' bullpen has not allowed a run in 15 2/3 innings over the last seven games. It is its third streak of 10 or more scoreless innings this season.

Aug 24, 2003
fister was exhausted, he was batting and even got on base, dude was sweating like a pig

league needed some work, hadnt pitched in 3 days and is pretty much a sure thing. shit was just bad luck, first the error by smoak then league getting injured. then pauley didnt warm up enough. whatever. shit happens.

this is part of what makes baseball great

May 9, 2002
fister was exhausted, he was batting and even got on base, dude was sweating like a pig

league needed some work, hadnt pitched in 3 days and is pretty much a sure thing. shit was just bad luck, first the error by smoak then league getting injured. then pauley didnt warm up enough. whatever. shit happens.

this is part of what makes baseball great
All you did was recite EXACTLY what Wedge said in his post-game interview. Cmon man, you have to do better than that.

Here's Wedge's answer: "We even debated sending him back out for the eighth. Just because it was so hot, he was on base (after a fourth-inning single for Fister's first career RBI), and he worked so hard.

"That was enough for him today. We felt we pushed him through the eighth. League hadn't pitched in three days. He needed to pitch. He's been our guy. It just didn't work out for us.''
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._mariners_try_to_cope_with_extr.html#continue

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol at todays game, god damn, im mad i picked up marquis to do a spot start today for my fantasy team, some bullshit lol

Feb 14, 2004
Up next, the Florida Marlins. They're last in their division at 33-42. M's better get at least two wins in that series.

Just our luck, Texas faces the NY Mets next, and they're second to last in the same division as the Marlins lol

Feb 14, 2004
Well we just got swept by the Nationals, which moved them one spot above .500, and we won the series against one of the best teams in the league the series before the sweep. So I really won't be surprised if we lose two in that series lol