The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
nah i ain't just now noticing it. i just didn't like hearing a Redsox friendly chant in Safeco. almost sounded louder then our squads chants.

Apr 25, 2002
their "fans"? most of those arent real fans. those are faggots and dumb bitches that live in Renton or somewhere close, have never been east of the mississippi let alone boston, and break that "special" Big Papi jersey out once or twice a year when the Sox come to town, the rest of the year they cheer for the Mariners or whatever other team is doing good that they can claim. fuck them. their favorite player is David Ortiz but dont know he started in the mariners organization. they dont know the misery of the Heathcliff Slocum trade for us. those arent fans. the other 25% are probably fans that travel with the team tho lol
True statement.

Feb 14, 2004
^i'm trying to. but like Don said, we got 4 months left. so that should be enough time to step our game up.

what sucks, in tonites game, right before i fell asleep on the couch, we were ahead! woke up and found out we lost.

May 9, 2002
In order for this team to have any success in the FUTURE, we need to rid this team of a few Bavasi left-overs, namely Batista, Beltre, and Washburn. Hopefully, they can all step it up here in the next month to up their trade value, so we can get some farm guys for these losers. Second, Yuni and Lopez need to go. If i had to keep one over the other, Lopez for sure, but I would rather both get the fuck outta town. Lastly, Griffey needs to be moved to the 6th hole and Sweeney needs to be released. Kenji can kiss my ass too, what an overpaid asshole.

We need these things to happen to fully embrace the rebuilding tag.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
if we get rid of all those players who are we left with? Lopez is real good imo and i feel we should stick it out with yuni for awhile longer.. and i dont think too many teams would want beltre, now adays everyone is going with younger guys.. honestly i think this team will click again like they were in april.. texas has the best record in the AL that means no ones really doing good...

good win tonight.. bedard was dominant, and that bomb that branyan hit was awesome

May 9, 2002
if we get rid of all those players who are we left with? Lopez is real good imo
You think Lopez is GOOD? Wow. He is one of the WORST defensive 2nd baseman in the AL, and is having a very "meh" offensive year this year, especially after they way he was performing in the WBC. He makes bone headed plays in the field and seems to alwasy fail with RISP.

and i feel we should stick it out with yuni for awhile longer
Awhile longer? He is 27 years old...how long do you want? His defense is most likely WORSE than Lopez'. He has NO range and he is one of the WORST BB guys in the game. Have you seen his OBP? It is UNDER .300. There are onlyu a handful of guys EVER to have a higher AVG than OBP, Yuni is getting close to that. He has NO discipline at the plate and just swings at EVERYTHING. At one point this year, his agerve pitches seen during an AB was 2.41. You read that right, he was seeing between 2-3 pitches PER AB.

and i dont think too many teams would want beltre, now adays everyone is going with younger guys..
Well, he WAS one o fthe best defensive 3B's in the league and his offensive numbers were fine...until this year. He has looked like shit at both offense and defense. He is NOT doing us any favors. Had he been perfomring up to par of last year, he would be good trade bait. But, of course, he cant even do that right.

honestly i think this team will click again like they were in april.. texas has the best record in the AL that means no ones really doing good...
I mean, no offense, but are you even WATCHING them play? If they arent clicking almost 50 games into the season, then there isnt much luck. This team has one of the WORST offenses in the MLB, and now their bullpen has gone to shit along with their defense. Until they rid themselves of all things Bavasi, there is no hope. WE NEED PROSPECTS. Our farm system was depleted BECAUSE of Bavasi, and now we have little to call up.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
i dont mind the announcers. iv heard alot worst...and its cool dave does the first three innings. i dont think i could listen to him the whole time...

as for tonights games another good one... adrian brought in all the runs, 2 with a monstrous home run. i think were gonna go on a little run here this month... hopefully get the lead back.

May 9, 2002
am i the only one that thinks jeff blowers is the worst tv analyst in the MLB? god he is so boring, and sometimes he wont say shit for like 4 minutes, and when he does its mono toned with no emotion whatsoever.
Mike Blowers may have no personality, but he has a high baseball IQ. He knows his shit and how the game works. Of course, they could have just used Bill Krueger instead, he know his shit and has personality.

Simms is the worst...hs sucks ass in the booth.