-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
had not realized the Giants have won so many games lately, I havent watch any really but there doing alright. They might actually play .500 ball for the rest of the season

Mar 12, 2005
Man I wish there were more Knowledgable giants Fans, no offense. But this season is very interesting.

The potential of Freddy Lewis is Actually starting to show skill LOL. Velez is that speedy guy in the line up we need. Him and Lewis at the top of the order would be crazy. Bowker, he's been tearing it up in AA ball, and a short stint in AAA. If he lives up to the hype of his Minor League Career, dude might do what Hunter Pence did last year. Ort, should stay at 1st, Aurilia's gotta go, Winn's Gotta go, Dave Roberts gotta go.

Our Line-up should be

1. Freddy Lewis LF
2. Velez 2b
3. John Bowker RF
4. Rowand CF
5. Bengie Molases LOL Molina C
6. Ortmeier/Aurilia Harper
7. Castillo/Frandsen(DL for the rest of the year) 3b
8. SS Vizquel/Bocock

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
damn, i saw this game, real good game, rowand was hustling, and the giants got quite a bit of help from the dbacks playin sloppy

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
i'm surprised the Giants are actually winning games, but shit I'll take any win. Who "woulda thunk" they could keep scoring over 2 runs? lol.

Jan 5, 2006
lol i just noticed we're sitting at 3rd in the NL west above the rockies and dodgers in last.. i know its hella early but who wouldve of thought we'd ever get outta last place for even a minute?

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
^^^

Was gonna mention that but u know people gonna be sayin it's too early in the season, the giants still suck blah blah blah

Mar 12, 2005
bring in nate schierholtz hes got power too. And bring up Brian Horwitz, we'll have basically 3 John Bowkers with power
Dude no offense, but Nate Schierholtz doesn't have nearly as much Power as Bowker has, and Brian Horwitz? Dude is average. I wouldn't mind having an Outfield of Nate LF, Bowker RF and Lewis CF. Bowker is on a different plateau than those two names you mentioned. He has more Power and a Bigger swing, and He'll probably be a dude that'll hit .260-280 Jack 30 or So bombs and Drive in a handful. Nate Schierholtz is more of a 2 hitter, last season he hit nothing but singles, I mean he had a few X-tra base hits, but Nate is more of a Get on Base, no patients type of hitter. He has Gap and Warning Track power that's about it.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Dude no offense, but Nate Schierholtz doesn't have nearly as much Power as Bowker has, and Brian Horwitz? Dude is average. I wouldn't have an Outfield of Nate LF, Bowker RF and Lewis CF. Bowker is on a different plateau than those two names you mentioned. He has more Power and a Bigger swing, and He'll probably be a dude that'll hit .260-280 Jack 30 or So bombs and Drive in a handful. Nate Schierholtz is more of a 2 hitter, last season he hit nothing but singles, I mean he had a few X-tra base hits, but Nate is more of a Get on Base, no patients type of hitter. He has Gap and Warning Track power that's about it.
Nate has power but hasn't harnessed completely it yet (16 HR's last season in Fresno)...I would agree though that he isn't on the same level as Bowker...

discuss: Brian Horwitz hits for average and get on base a lot....no power at all

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol

really tho

all that matters is the dodgers do bad

i mean we all pretty much agreed we wouldnt be too good, before the season started, so doing better than we expected is a bonus to the dodgers sucking