The Official Religion Proof/Denial Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
The Official Belief Systems Proof/Denial Thread

for once and for all, so ive been seeing many threads on religion and the metaphysical, and many athiests havent posted in a while. so we should all argue in this thread and leave the other religion thread for what they were titled.

ok so ive just come across this site while searching for the number of species alive on land to come to a conclusion on noahs ark.

here are 2 links that seem to bring up very important points against noahs ark and creationists(but focuses on bible).

im not trying to insult/fight/ or bring anybody and his beliefs down.
We just need to get this done with once and for all. There are many points that continue needing to be answered.

"The Silly Flood Story"

"Things Creationists Hate"

im not asking you to answer any of these althought if you can you should, but im just asking you to question these for your own self.

Here is one thing that has crossed my mind before but is put into better words and meaning:

The Holy Bible

That old Book persists in saying things that the creationists, who claim to take it as literal truth, have to admit are metaphorical (like the "doors" in the firmament that let the rain through). That means, of course, that they have to arbitrarily decide which parts are literally literal, and which are only metaphorically literal (and can't they twist the English language!). I've never yet read a justification for who gets to make that determination and how, so I'll summarize it thus: Everything is literal except things that even we creationists can't stomach.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
:shaking my head:

Why is it that 99% of the anti-religious stuff is always against the bible? Are you cats that DUMB to where you don't read OTHER books or have any opinions of the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of different religions in the world? Hell, I might as well make a thread bashing every different religion (one per religion) just to show how many of you are not well read. This thread is sickening.:dead:

And when people who have NEVER read the bible from front to back post stuff like this it makes you wonder if they have questioned anything themselves. :dead:

Look at the title of this thread, "The Official Religion Proof/Denial Thread". Also, take note to what is posted in his thread. He mentions the bible, stories found in the bible and concepts stated in the bible. My question is if this is an official religion proof or denial what constitutes this as "OFFICIAL" and why didn't the author mention other forms of religion?

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
its because we we all already agree islam isnt the way, except for the muslims in here.
there are many more christians than there are others. And christianity has been discussed for a while now while the christians are sure its the way. so why not just keep the discussion going but in here?

also denying noahs ark also goes against islam.
so really this was about noahs ark but since that question about the bible has crossed my mind and has been worded to make sense since i lack vocabulary, and because the christianity discussion is still going.. so i decided to post that part from the page.
I even took out parts of the real paragraph because it attacked more things and i just wanted to post what had crossed my mind.

Also, this is the first post, and i actually intended on posting about other religions but the site i was lookin at had somethin against the bible. so dont get too mad bout this man. And we arent all expecting you to answer and answer correctly, just over-look my post if you want, or ignore it.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
i already have stated what my belief of all religion is, that the men mentioned were only divine men teaching how to become enlightened and divine as they did, which is to unconditionally love all, be truthful, etc. The only difference between them is their time, location, and experience that has shaped their world view and shaped their teachings.

i can see christianity is closer to islam with being morally wrong and the christians here are doing a good job of responding.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
H has a point. "Disprove" Hinduism for once. I have never seen any thread like that. So go at it people.
When christians and bible believers say something bad about other religions they are opstracized and ridiculed, yet people like hemp can post all day and night about "flaws and contradictions" yet these people have never even read the bible. If a person has READ the bible and they still said "it doesn't work for me" I can say I have a genuine respect for that persons views. If a person has NOT read the bible and continues to type such madness it makes you wonder....

its because we we all already agree islam isnt the way, except for the muslims in here.
It doesn't matter. The people who DON'T believe in ANY religion don't attack Islam in the way they attack the bible and christianity. I mean seriously I can post a gazillion and one "islam has contradictions" threads and how many people will actually partake in the thread on a logical and unbiased level? Zero. Compare that to how many times you see a bible bashing thread and come back and tell me the numbers.

there are many more christians than there are others. And christianity has been discussed for a while now while the christians are sure its the way. so why not just keep the discussion going but in here?
Have you taken a poll to see if their ar emore christians than others? Yes, christianity has been discussed for a while, but most of that discussion has to do with people who have NEVER read the bible trying to find faults and contradictions, and people such as myself, Mexcom, Mig, Stockton and ODY trying to diffuse it. How many atheist here post pictures of Mohammad or say negative things about him and islam? Not many. How many say negative things about christianity or the bible? DAMN NEAR EVERY ONE OF THEM THAT POSTS. A christian or bible believing person on this board can use foul language and cuss someoen else and the atheist and so called "spiritual" will quickly say "you aren't a christian" yet these same people will make the same insults, mock the religion and openly laugh. With that being said, where is the general respect for a persons beliefs and rights to believe as he or she wishes? Where is the respect that should be given from one man to another?

also denying noahs ark also goes against islam.
so really this was about noahs ark but since that question about the bible has crossed my mind and has been worded to make sense since i lack vocabulary, and because the christianity discussion is still going.. so i decided to post that part from the page.
I even took out parts of the real paragraph because it attacked more things and i just wanted to post what had crossed my mind.
I don't think you get the point, and to be truthful, eeven though I quoted you and used you as an example, this behavior has been going on for YEARS.
Also, this is the first post, and i actually intended on posting about other religions but the site i was lookin at had somethin against the bible. so dont get too mad bout this man. And we arent all expecting you to answer and answer correctly, just over-look my post if you want, or ignore it.
It is not about answering your post correctly or incorrectly. My point is there is a lot of bible and christian bashing on this forum, yet when christians bash someone else or say something "negative" they are called on it. You have thousands upon thousands of religions, but I bet if I were to make a thread about Islam (not an insulting one) only four or five people would have anything worthy to say about the subject, and you would see minimal insults. The same can be said for hinduism, paganism, satanism etc. But make a bible topic and it is open season againt Jesus, the bible, christians etc.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
HERESY said:
When christians and bible believers say something bad about other religions they are opstracized and ridiculed, yet people like hemp can post all day and night about "flaws and contradictions" yet these people have never even read the bible. If a person has READ the bible and they still said "it doesn't work for me" I can say I have a genuine respect for that persons views. If a person has NOT read the bible and continues to type such madness it makes you wonder....
i have never posted contradictions, i have posted strong points that need to be questioned within all religions.
my points were about morals and universal laws, but the only people that were responding to my points, were christians.
So then the discussion gets twisted into what christians believe , and what we think the flaw in that is.
i understand that you arent just talking about me tho, so i can understand your POV.

HERESY said:
It doesn't matter. The people who DON'T believe in ANY religion don't attack Islam in the way they attack the bible and christianity. I mean seriously I can post a gazillion and one "islam has contradictions" threads and how many people will actually partake in the thread on a logical and unbiased level? Zero. Compare that to how many times you see a bible bashing thread and come back and tell me the numbers.
I cant speak for all people who dont believe, but to me i already completely understand islam shouldnt even have any energy wasted on. I have been there and upgraded to a new set of beliefs, so for me to even keep trying to disprove islam would be a step back.
If there had been muslims replying to your threads and i could support your claim,then i would have. But i guess we lack the number of people believing in ANY religion except for the number of christians.
athiests have rarely even part-taken in any of these threads. hutch was the first today.

HERESY said:
Have you taken a poll to see if their ar emore christians than others? Yes, christianity has been discussed for a while, but most of that discussion has to do with people who have NEVER read the bible trying to find faults and contradictions, and people such as myself, Mexcom, Mig, Stockton and ODY trying to diffuse it. How many atheist here post pictures of Mohammad or say negative things about him and islam? Not many. How many say negative things about christianity or the bible? DAMN NEAR EVERY ONE OF THEM THAT POSTS. A christian or bible believing person on this board can use foul language and cuss someoen else and the atheist and so called "spiritual" will quickly say "you aren't a christian" yet these same people will make the same insults, mock the religion and openly laugh. With that being said, where is the general respect for a persons beliefs and rights to believe as he or she wishes? Where is the respect that should be given from one man to another?
i havent taken any polls but from the number of replies i see christians are the only one responding to any question on religion as a whole. So again, it lifts off from there and turns into a christianiy debate.

HERESY said:
I don't think you get the point, and to be truthful, eeven though I quoted you and used you as an example, this behavior has been going on for YEARS.
i guess i dont get the point then, and this is my first time spending this much time questioning christianity instead of religion.
but if this has been going on for years than i would believe its because christianity has been the dominating religion for the believers here(especially from USA), and those who used to be believers and now argue against IT instead of against All.

HERESY said:
It is not about answering your post correctly or incorrectly. My point is there is a lot of bible and christian bashing on this forum, yet when christians bash someone else or say something "negative" they are called on it. You have thousands upon thousands of religions, but I bet if I were to make a thread about Islam (not an insulting one) only four or five people would have anything worthy to say about the subject, and you would see minimal insults. The same can be said for hinduism, paganism, satanism etc. But make a bible topic and it is open season againt Jesus, the bible, christians etc.
i guess the biggest reason for that is what i mentioned last, of it dominating other religions, within the GOM members.
also, you are correct that people need to read the books as myself, before trying to argue against any religion.
That is true but again, i was only arguing about things that are included in all religions, but only christians here responded to.

ps. i have finally quit smoking n fuckin around, so hopefully i shall begin reading the bible by next week , once my "new" life becomes stable and a reality.

also, about what happened to respecting peoples views. I will always respect peoples views and always have, and i never hold them against being wrong. Simply because i have been there and understand that we mold our reality which makes our views understable and seem valid, but only to us.
So all of the things i posted about any belief system including spirituality, has been only to try and open up the minds of others in here into understanding what i am trying to explain.
my vocabulary is bad enough, but i have faith in my updated understanding past islam and believe i can bring many things to the table, only because of my experiences and "rare" point of view in here.
im not focusing on denying anybodies beliefs, but expanding their mind.
but in the end, i will say that even my beliefs are molded to fit my view and are probably incorrect in some/many areas, so im not focusing on uploading my beliefs into peoples heads, but bringing up the points that once they understand and agree with , should bring them to my understanding.

too much typing for 3 AM, but ill read the bible soon before arguing against christianity, and will try to keep my points against all religions and not just one.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
Also, i have mistaken on the title name, i didnt mean just Religion but all other belief systems which include athiesm, spirituality, and the rest.
so really this thread is also for the christians to bash on other beliefs.
i just wanted to make one thread about discussing all beliefs because too many religion and metaphysical threads have been posted rapidly and not enough on politics or other topics that the athiests would like to join into.

i tried to edit the first post and change the title which seemed to change, but once i saved it the bitch was the same. so sorry bout the misunderstanding all

Mar 9, 2005
Well Heresy, you will be glad to know that I have now officially read the bible from back to front in completion, both the old and new testaments. I don't believe a word of it. That being said, I don't care whether people wish to believe in God and ascribe to certain religions such as Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc., that's their decision.

I am extremely set in my views as I'm sure you are all aware, and although I find it impossibly hard to believe in any of these so-called 'Gods' based on a thorough lack of evidence (hence the definition of faith), if you or anyone else believes in the existence of these divine beings and wish to worship them, so be it. As long as people who hold these beliefs don't try to influence policy based on the words in the bible or other religious script and accept a full separation of church and state (why should they force their own morals on people who don't share their beliefs?), go for it, believe in 'him'.

Preach. Go and tell the world about 'the Good News'. If they're willing to believe you and choose to follow your path of their own will, then good on you. If it helps you sleep easier and gives your life more meaning, then good on you. If you refuse to accept the finality of death, then by all means, cling to your belief that there is something 'more' out there, something deeper.

Feb 9, 2003
Im aware of that one. I think I even posted in it. But I don't think any one tried to disprove it.

EDIT: I guess I didn't post in it. Weird, I was sure I made a comment about the caste system and the whole India finally having an "untouchable" being president some time ago. Oh well.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i have never posted contradictions, i have posted strong points that need to be questioned within all religions.
YOu have not posted strong points that need to be questioned by all religions. How is a satanist going ot gain anything from your post? What about a taoist?

my points were about morals and universal laws, but the only people that were responding to my points, were christians.
...BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU WORDED THEM!

I cant speak for all people who dont believe, but to me i already completely understand islam shouldnt even have any energy wasted on. I have been there and upgraded to a new set of beliefs, so for me to even keep trying to disprove islam would be a step back.
If there had been muslims replying to your threads and i could support your claim,then i would have. But i guess we lack the number of people believing in ANY religion except for the number of christians.
athiests have rarely even part-taken in any of these threads. hutch was the first today.
You are making it seem as if it is a new phenomena that occured once you stepped on the scene. What I am telling you is it has always been here (ever since I've been a member at least) and christianity is bashed even when christians don't post up.

i havent taken any polls but from the number of replies i see christians are the only one responding to any question on religion as a whole. So again, it lifts off from there and turns into a christianiy debate.
During the recent religious threads (from the past month) the only christians I remember seeing are ODY and Stockton. And the reason why it turns into a christian debate is because of the MISLEADING thread titiles and content contained within the post. Look at your thread title again, but look at the content you posted within it. You are bashing christianity (and the bible) under the veil of "religion."

i guess i dont get the point then, and this is my first time spending this much time questioning christianity instead of religion.
but if this has been going on for years than i would believe its because christianity has been the dominating religion for the believers here(especially from USA), and those who used to be believers and now argue against IT instead of against All.
READ EVERYTHING I HAVE TYPED UP TO THIS POINT THREE TIMES. Christianity has NOT been the "dominating religion" for people here. How many christians actually post up?

i guess the biggest reason for that is what i mentioned last, of it dominating other religions, within the GOM members.
also, you are correct that people need to read the books as myself, before trying to argue against any religion.
That is true but again, i was only arguing about things that are included in all religions, but only christians here responded to.
NOTHING you have posted so far is included in all religions. I repeat, NOTHING you have posted so far is included in all religions.

also, about what happened to respecting peoples views. I will always respect peoples views and always have, and i never hold them against being wrong. Simply because i have been there and understand that we mold our reality which makes our views understable and seem valid, but only to us.
So all of the things i posted about any belief system including spirituality, has been only to try and open up the minds of others in here into understanding what i am trying to explain.
my vocabulary is bad enough, but i have faith in my updated understanding past islam and believe i can bring many things to the table, only because of my experiences and "rare" point of view in here.
im not focusing on denying anybodies beliefs, but expanding their mind.
but in the end, i will say that even my beliefs are molded to fit my view and are probably incorrect in some/many areas, so im not focusing on uploading my beliefs into peoples heads, but bringing up the points that once they understand and agree with , should bring them to my understanding.
I understand your understanding of language may be a barrier, and I understand you are still young, however what I am talking about really has little to do with you, and what does have to do with you has already been stated.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
2-0-Sixx said:
The majority of siccness members are from the US. Christianity is the dominating religion in the US. Makes sense that Christianity threads dominate over all other religions.
The majority of rappers in america are black, but you don't see DMX or Snoop posting on this site do you? The majority of record label owners are WHITE or so-called JEWISH, but how many label owners here are white or jewish?

Just because christianity is the dominate religion of the united states does not mean that it is the dominating religion of this board. Look at what this board promotes and look at what it is based on GANGSTA RAP MUSIC. A lot of the subject matter in this form of music is AGAINST christianity, so on that fact alone I can make the claim that most people heer are not christian. Also, how many christians post here?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Hutch said:
Well Heresy, you will be glad to know that I have now officially read the bible from back to front in completion, both the old and new testaments. I don't believe a word of it. That being said, I don't care whether people wish to believe in God and ascribe to certain religions such as Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc., that's their decision.

I am extremely set in my views as I'm sure you are all aware, and although I find it impossibly hard to believe in any of these so-called 'Gods' based on a thorough lack of evidence (hence the definition of faith), if you or anyone else believes in the existence of these divine beings and wish to worship them, so be it. As long as people who hold these beliefs don't try to influence policy based on the words in the bible or other religious script and accept a full separation of church and state (why should they force their own morals on people who don't share their beliefs?), go for it, believe in 'him'.

Preach. Go and tell the world about 'the Good News'. If they're willing to believe you and choose to follow your path of their own will, then good on you. If it helps you sleep easier and gives your life more meaning, then good on you. If you refuse to accept the finality of death, then by all means, cling to your belief that there is something 'more' out there, something deeper.
There are two parts of this that I do not accept. The first part is the opening statement. Just a few weeks ago you were FAR removed from reading the bible from front to back, now you claim to have already finished. I am not saying it can't be done, but coming from you I don't believe it.

The second thing is your statement highlighted in bold (emphasis mine.) For one, some societies (especially those in the mid-east) are religious based and their form of government is different from america. It is foolish to spread imperialism (under the veil of democracy and peace) when it is their CULTURE to be religious based. Are you a citizen of the united states?

May 13, 2002
Seattle
www.socialistworld.net
HERESY said:
Just because christianity is the dominate religion of the united states does not mean that it is the dominating religion of this board.
YES IT IS.

A lot of the subject matter in this form of music is AGAINST christianity, so on that fact alone I can make the claim that most people heer are not christian.
You can make that claim but it is an incorrect one. Make a poll (there already was one in the GOM forum, Christianity was the leader). Make one in the Open forum if you'd like or any other forum, you'll get the same results.

Also, how many christians post here?
More than any other religion (or non-religion).

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
YES IT IS.
No, that would be the same as "because christianity is the leading religion in america the Esham board is filled with christians." Again, based on the type of content this site promotes I would disagree that the majority of its members are true or even lukewarm christians.

You can make that claim but it is an incorrect one. Make a poll (there already was one in the GOM forum, Christianity was the leader). Make one in the Open forum if you'd like or any other forum, you'll get the same results.
How will we account for the people who don't even vote? I don't remember a poll being made here. LMAO@the open forum. Brother I probably have 5 posts in the open forum. I stay in the specialty forums (here, sista, sports entertainment and video game) and the studio forum. I don't even go to the other parts of this board.

More than any other religion (or non-religion).
Atheism = non-religion and I see more atheist posting than I see christians.