The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Other than the longtime affiliation, at a glance this makes no sense.

No active links or images are up after you land on the page as of this time either...

Strange.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
News to me... I can't seem to find a valid source that confirms this either?
i was fucking around. one of maydays opening band was this.

and it was like every one of them had to pull a stereotypical band member persona from a hat then be that. There was Fred Durst, White Lil Jon, Tegan (of Tegan & Sara), a guitarist who looked like Wes from Limp Bizkit and finally a full body skin tight leather outfit and gas mask wearing go go dancer.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I like that song in your signature. Kurupt's verse isn't all that great, but I dig it.
Yessir, their album's got a few solid knocks on it, that one being my favourite.

I've always dug Kurupt as an MC but find the majority of his spots to be hot and cold, this example being the latter. Tray Deee get's my vote as far as having consistent bars within that collective, though.

i was fucking around. one of maydays opening band was this.

and it was like every one of them had to pull a stereotypical band member persona from a hat then be that. There was Fred Durst, White Lil Jon, Tegan (of Tegan & Sara), a guitarist who looked like Wes from Limp Bizkit and finally a full body skin tight leather outfit and gas mask wearing go go dancer.
LOL.

Not sure what's worse, that poor excuse for a hook over the annoyingly cheap sounding pop synth or the fact dude is sporting pink painted toe nails...

Hear me out on this:

(CONCEPTUALLY) wouldn't it be dope if Tech picked one (or a few) songs from each of his album's throughout the years, spit over it again, and put all the tracks together as one project? Would be like a "Tech N9ne Through the Years" type of thing; just to hear what kinda crazy shit he would do with it now?!

I was just listening to the Strangulation II Cypher, so I guess that kinda sparked the idea... or even picking some of his favorite beats other Strange Music artists have used would be cool too. Probably sounds stupid or whatever, but think conceptually it would be dope!

ALSO ---- The Storm hits in 3 days!! LET'S GOOOO!!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2002
Anyone but me watch this Travis interview where he shits on any fans that dont like the new bullshit hes been putting out, and puts over his daughter for 20 minutes?

And uh... Anybody see the prices to preorder a fucking cd from Strange? I was going to preorder the new shit, which would be the first time since 6&7... Motherfuckin... 32 dollars with shipping? Yeah fuck off. Ill just dl it illegally, thanks.

Anyone but me watch this Travis interview where he shits on any fans that dont like the new bullshit hes been putting out, and puts over his daughter for 20 minutes?

And uh... Anybody see the prices to preorder a fucking cd from Strange? I was going to preorder the new shit, which would be the first time since 6&7... Motherfuckin... 32 dollars with shipping? Yeah fuck off. Ill just dl it illegally, thanks.
The Future of Strange Music video or whatever? Funny you should mention that part, because as soon Trav was talking about him not wanting his daughter to be involved in the music game, my homie had hit me up and said he was pulling up to swoop me. I'm guessing the conversation continued much further than that then? I remember hearing Trav pitching Darrein as if his life depended on it. I don't know why I'm thinking this... (correct me if I'm wrong) but I could have sworn Darrein and Mackenzie weren't signed to Strange Music itself, but one of the subsidiaries? Idk, I don't get too into the details about contracts, and what not but I really don't know what I'm getting at anymore.. It's been a long week (3 all-nighters), and going to be an even longer weekend with finals next week....

Anyone give the new album a listen yet? My homie got his pre-order earlier today, don't wanna spoil anything for those waiting until tomorrow though. I'm very curious what the feedback will be; from the hardcore fans, to media/critics, to the fair-weather fans, and the new ones.

I don't understand why other artists have their songs as part of the deluxe bonus tracks though? I thought that's kinda what the samplers were for...?

One last random thing, O @OnlyNKillaCity has been putting me upon game to some classic KC rap and Track 28.) Kansas City has The Popper and Rich The Factor featured; not like he hasn't worked with them before or anything, but just thought it was a funny coincidence cause I had asked KillaCity if "Dundeala The Popper" had any relation to, or is "The Popper" yesterday (which I now know the answer to that question cause of him lol).

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The last time Strange out out a compilation album on release day was Everready and it was fire in and of itself.

They put it out with Everready because there had been a long time with little album movement from Tech, given his last CD before that was 2001 Absolute Power.

They're doing this album because of JL, Darian, Mackenzie, and Above Waves being added soon. They're about to have a lot of Tech N9ne Features albums and need to start spreading themselves around.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
The last time Strange out out a compilation album on release day was Everready and it was fire in and of itself.

They put it out with Everready because there had been a long time with little album movement from Tech, given his last CD before that was 2001 Absolute Power.

They're doing this album because of JL, Darian, Mackenzie, and Above Waves being added soon. They're about to have a lot of Tech N9ne Features albums and need to start spreading themselves around.
Also, there hasn't been a sampler album since DJ Chill hosted The Infection 2010. They got in and out of the sampler game in two years time.
All of the above.

Disc 2 of Everready had two of the dopest drops Tech did within that stage of recording IMO. That period was just full of win for me.

Even the leftover tracks were right up there, if not better than and easily interchangeable with a few of the tracks that made retail.

After watching that Trav interview today, I'm eager to see how those release plans play out given the number of artists and albums to be put out in that allocated time frame he mentioned...

Also, I'm really looking forward in seeing how JL's album comes to fruition and sonically the soundscape they run with being his debut.

Nov 4, 2005
Storm is weird... really weird. But like all releases I feel this way through the first few rotations. Some of these choruses do not fit with the beat, like Get Off Me... killer verses bUT wtf is that nonsense?!?!

Nov 14, 2002
All I know is judging by the comments on that Travis interview, its no wonder they can call their fans basement dwellers with shit stained underwear, and still not worry about charging over 30 dollars for a dead media format. "I respect this guy so much" was one comment off the top of my head... Yeah ok dickhead, he just called you an asshole for not loking pop rnb and/or a generic pop rock act on a label called Strange fucking Music...

The disrespect for oldschool fans is so blatant that its laughable.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Man, the Strangegiving sale is still going on. Buy some less than $30 CD's. haha

Travis is by no means a mouthpiece. He doesn't go live on something and say vehement shit that gets people talking like Tech does. If he says it, he means it. That's Travis. Never have I seem him speak and I thought he was making theatrics.