The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2002
thats stupid^

education helps u develop ur own ideas and opinions
Depends on who us instilling those ideas and opinions in us. The u.s. education system is so one dimensional its rediculous. They teach abstinence over safe sex and refuse to teach evolution completely. The u.s. Educational system is defunct and needs to be revamped completely. Its fucking sad.

/rant over

Nov 14, 2002
The fuck is this shit implying?
Kutt Calhoun T-Shirt Spotted In Shoni Mac Music Video [Video]

Strange Music gear has been spotted in Shoni Mac’s latest music video “Stunt It Off”. The music video and song also features EDI Mean from 2Pac’s old group Tha Outlawz. In the music video we can see a Kutt Calhoun tee around the 1:00 mark and a Tech N9ne shirt at the 2:35 mark. Predictably, both shirts are being worn by caucasians. Speaking of caucasians, a highlight of the music video can be found at 1:38, in which a guy does what can only be described as a crazy white boy dance. The girl standing next to him doesn’t know what to think.

Jan 28, 2005
This forum sucks now. Can't really complain too much because I've never done much to improve it. Just saying. I've been around for six years or so, and I've never been less entertained.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
thats stupid^

education helps u develop ur own ideas and opinions
If you're an idiot to begin with, yes.

If anything, after high school education has been popularized by the "mainstream media" as the fast track to success.

While it's unlikely most will succeed monetarily without having a college degree, it should be noted that it doesn't take a genius to determine your own opinions and ideals by simply thinking further than what's right in front of your face.

In other words, don't be stupid and you, too, can prevent forest fires!

Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
So Im movin out of my comfortable home at age 18, decided to move in with a few buddies of mine. But fuck my mom is trippin hard.. she looks almost depressed, and my little sisters are crying their eyes out. WHY IS THIS SO FUCKIN HARD TO DO?!?! I had no doubt that I wanted to leave and financially Ill be good, I just want to taste some freedom and independence. mom thinks Im gunna be a fuck up but Im not stupid enough to let that happen, but she's acting like I already am one, like Im doomed to not succeed now that Im leaving. She don't even look at me the same anymore. Im getting seconds thoughts but the plans are already been put in motion. Fuck.

Nov 14, 2002
Just be sure that you'll never have to go back because of financial reasons otherwise you'll never hear the end of it.

Otherwise, that shit is regular.

On the other hand though... I don't know your family situation, but I've known people who were from single parents with sisters/brothers and the parent was worried about how they were going to handle the remaining children. They'd always talk about how it wouldn't work out and shit because they were jaded IMO. In the end everyone turned out fine, to the best of my knowledge.

Just make sure when you get to where you're going you don't use it as an excuse to be fucked up 24/7 and keep your nose clean.

Good luck, sir.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
I would say it is normal for a parent to get emotional when a kid leaves home

As far as the living with friends part

It's all good as long as everyone pulls their weight. If your friends start missing rent payments and leaving you to cover the shortfall your in for a long ride. "This month" will turn into every month especially if your the most responsible.

I would suggest having one of your friends sign their name to the lease and try to keep your name off the paper work. This will benefit you in multiple ways. If shit goes sour your credit is not technically on the hook for the liability of the length of the rental agreement. Also, if shit goes sour and the pigs kick your door down you can't legally be held accountable for the contents within... If it turns out to be a shitty idea you can up and leave and return to live at home rent free without being obligated legally to pay for anything.

Finally getting off the collar you have always known can be a blessing and a curse. Stay determined and don't let your friends change the direction you want your life to go. Sometimes it's hard to stay focused with roommates because inevitably teh day you have something to do will be someone else's day off and the party is one hell of a temptation to overcome.

I'm not the best person to take advice from because lord knows I have made some fucked up choices in my life but if you can maintain the path you want to travel and not fall victim to outside influences then you will be fine.

best of luck and congrats

Nov 7, 2006
i say it all depends on the friends in this situation. if your "taste of freedom" means getting a house with buddies and partying there then that shit wont even last a year. when i was 19 me n a bunch of my friends moved in together and i got home from work one night to have cops everywhere due to a serious fight and we all got evicted for the shit granted i wasnt part of it. after that experience i only lived with people who were serious about having a house and home and not a fucking sorority. so my advice to you is if you have the slightest bit of concern with the friends your moving in with then i'd just wait till something better comes along.