The Official Golden State Warriors 2009-2010 Season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Isnt Memphis good? The W's are destroying them like there a joke, i guess keeping it close against other good teams lately have them competing at a higher level then they have been throughout the season

edit: i confused them with the Thunder but still just shows either the Western Conference is far superior or the W's are gonna be a factor next season

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
morrow barely played last nite

Morrow hoping he's included in Warriors' future

Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, March 25, 2010

(03-24) 22:16 PDT -- If any of the Warriors' moves or comments during the past week bothered Anthony Morrow, the second-year shooting guard certainly isn't letting on.

An hour before the Oracle Arena doors opened to the public Wednesday night, Morrow skipped down the hall from the locker room, greeted security guards with a smile along the way and playfully chirped at assistant coach Rico Hines when he arrived on the court.

"We've still got games left this season," Morrow said before the Warriors' 128-110 victory over Memphis. "I can't worry about what's going to happen next season."

What's going to happen next season for Morrow seemingly is much murkier than it was a week ago. The Warriors on Monday locked up Reggie Williams through next season and reiterated their desire to re-sign Raja Bell, though both play the same position as restricted free agent Morrow.

"You know me. I'm not going to have an attitude about something like this," Morrow said before going scoreless in 2:22 of playing time. "I'm competitive so I want to be out there helping, but coaches have their plans. I'm not going to go against a coach or his plans."

Coach Don Nelson and general manager Larry Riley each said the Williams move and the Bell statement don't exclude Morrow from remaining a Warrior.

"It would be good to have them all," Nelson said. "It's good to have a deep bench. When you're going through a year like we're having now, you realize how important it is to have good backup players."

With nine players or fewer available and Bell recovering from wrist surgery, however, Morrow has logged 20 minutes in a game only once in the past six and has averaged 4.2 points a contest during the stretch. He didn't check into Wednesday's game until 1:17 remained in the first half.

He seems to have fallen out of favor after playing at least 20 minutes in 16 straight games recently, including seven 40-minute efforts, and averaging 18.7 points during that span. Nelson says tendinitis in Morrow's right knee limits his movement. Morrow says he is fine.

Either way, Williams has often become the first guard off the bench. Nelson trusted him as the initiator of the offense for long stretches during an 18-point fourth quarter Monday.

This is some of what director of player personnel Travis Schlenk and scout Mike Riley saw in Williams as they watched his progression in the NBA Development League. They were so impressed with him that discussions about a guaranteed contract started during his first 10-day deal.

The Warriors got a steal in adding a second year to Williams' contract at the league minimum. They will have to renegotiate with fellow D-Leaguers Anthony Tolliver and Chris Hunter if they want to re-sign the big men.

"Reggie has certainly seized the moment, but that doesn't mean anything to our plans for the future with the other guys," Larry Riley said. "The more good players we can accumulate, the better. There is always room to play in Don Nelson's system."

Morrow hopes that includes him.

"They gave me a chance and have been loyal to me, and I've told you that I want to be a Warrior for life," Morrow said. "It's not up to me, so we'll have to see what happens."

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
i thought raja bell was dropped?
he was waived to keep Williams the rest of the year, they woulda waived George but hes been contributing and with only 8 healthy players they didnt have much choice.

they hope to Re-Sign bell in the offseason... but really they wont be making decisions anymore once our prayers are finally answered and the team is sold.

i hope Chris Cohan is tortured if he ever comes outside.

Aug 7, 2003
get off cohens dick. he wasnt that bad of a owner. he pays his players and coaches. its just the personell he hired didnt get the job down. but after 16 years someone has to go and its finally his turn. its easy to point to him but he didnt draft dunleavy over garnet. diogu over bynum, etc etc.

Jan 18, 2006
lol, just looked it up. We drafted Joe Smith #1 overall, thats disgusting but McDyess, Stackhouse, and Rasheed Wallace went a head of Garnett also

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Warriors on market

Salvatore Galatioto, whose company is helping arrange the Warriors sale, met with franchise officials on Thursday, league sources said. Official bids for the franchise can’t be made until a lengthy offer memorandum, which includes all financial, lease, payroll and team details, is completed in about two to three weeks. The Warriors are expected to be sold sometime between June and the start of next season’s training camp in October.

Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is considered the most likely buyer and has been in contact with franchise representatives since Monday’s announcement that the Warriors are officially on the market. As the San Jose Mercury News first reported, Mark Mastrov, founder of Bay Area-based 24 Hour Fitness, has also expressed interest. Mastrov partnered with Shaquille O’Neal(notes) and Magic Johnson, a minority owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, on several branded clubs. Sources say there have been about a dozen inquiries, including one from China.

Ellis better than LeBron?

While Rolling Stone recently declared Kevin Durant(notes) better than Kobe Bryant(notes), Warriors guard Monta Ellis(notes) has his own opinion on who should be ranked as the NBA’s three best players.

“I’m going to say LeBron James(notes) [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.”

Feb 5, 2006
Warriors on market

Salvatore Galatioto, whose company is helping arrange the Warriors sale, met with franchise officials on Thursday, league sources said. Official bids for the franchise can’t be made until a lengthy offer memorandum, which includes all financial, lease, payroll and team details, is completed in about two to three weeks. The Warriors are expected to be sold sometime between June and the start of next season’s training camp in October.

Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is considered the most likely buyer and has been in contact with franchise representatives since Monday’s announcement that the Warriors are officially on the market. As the San Jose Mercury News first reported, Mark Mastrov, founder of Bay Area-based 24 Hour Fitness, has also expressed interest. Mastrov partnered with Shaquille O’Neal(notes) and Magic Johnson, a minority owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, on several branded clubs. Sources say there have been about a dozen inquiries, including one from China.

Ellis better than LeBron?

While Rolling Stone recently declared Kevin Durant(notes) better than Kobe Bryant(notes), Warriors guard Monta Ellis(notes) has his own opinion on who should be ranked as the NBA’s three best players.

“I’m going to say LeBron James(notes) [third],” Ellis said recently. “He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

“No. 1, I’d say Kobe Bryant. There isn’t one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.”
MONTA IS ON CRACK!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA