The official Breaking Bad is an awesome fucking show thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
there's a theory that the real ending was Walt calling the cops from the bar, and Felina was just his fantasy of getting even with everyone while he died from the cancer alone in the cabin. Like that one any better?

That would have been great had then been made clear at the end rather than being a theory being tossed around now. I would have loved to see that episode play out and then flash back to Walt dying in the snow somewhere outside the bar.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
That would have been great had then been made clear at the end rather than being a theory being tossed around now. I would have loved to see that episode play out and then flash back to Walt dying in the snow somewhere outside the bar.
Really? I think that ending would be stupid as fuck, better than dying in a car crash though

Props: Mac Jesus

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I'm sticking with being happy with the ending still... Walt died were he felt most alive was the best choice - whether you thought it was overly obvious. Everything else is knitpicking.

Him going to jail, or dying in the snow would of been dumb as fuck. He died on top, and strong - and came to truth with his ego.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think people are associating a good ending with a shocking one and a bad ending with a more obvious one. Just because you expect something to happen doesn't mean it's a bad ending. I think one of the biggest things in the last episode that isn't discussed enough (although nato touched on it above) is how walt finally came to terms with WHY he did what he did. Throughout the show walt defended his actions by saying it was all for his family until the very end he admitted he did it for himself. The show makes us question morals and why we do things... is it ok for us to do bad things for the right reasons? Many people rooted for walt till the end because of his motives, but did that change when he revealed his true motive? The great thing about the show is the characters and character development. We see these people transform from good to evil and it makes the audience question their own morality. Although the show was shocking at times and had some surprising plot twists, that's not what it's truly about. The ending didn't leave you thinking what happened, but maybe why it happened, and made you think about what's right or wrong and good or evil. The more I think about it the more I like the ending.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
In hindsight while I did enjoy Todd & his comedic relief, Uncle Jack being the last main antagonist fell pretty flat overall. After Gus was so great they needed to build up someone else. Would have liked to see either someone from Gus' past or from the cartel introduced at the start of season 5. They played the Hank/DEA angle more, which made his anticlimactic death that much more disappointing in the big picture.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah I really wanted to know why Gus left Chile. But I think Uncle Jack + Todd was supposed to be like the bizarro version of Walter+Jesse.
The booksmart family man and his compassionate young sidekick vs The scumbag neonazi and his sociopath nephew.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I agree Uncle Jack should of been mid-boss. A little above Tuco.

but like the writers said, they didn't anticipate the fanfare Gus would bring, and they couldn't keep him around forever.

They also never really elaborated on the Lydia euro link... some Russian Mob would of been a better end boss. I think they easily could of had one more season - without it feeling stretched out.

oh well. We still were left with a great show.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
In hindsight while I did enjoy Todd & his comedic relief, Uncle Jack being the last main antagonist fell pretty flat overall. After Gus was so great they needed to build up someone else. Would have liked to see either someone from Gus' past or from the cartel introduced at the start of season 5. They played the Hank/DEA angle more, which made his anticlimactic death that much more disappointing in the big picture.
While I've mostly been supportive of the ending, I kind of agree. Gus was an awesome villain. Walt vs. Gus had a different feel than Walt vs. The nazis.

Props: heyzel

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah I really wanted to know why Gus left Chile. But I think Uncle Jack + Todd was supposed to be like the bizarro version of Walter+Jesse.
The booksmart family man and his compassionate young sidekick vs The scumbag neonazi and his sociopath nephew.
Well yeah, I thought that was kind of obvious. I think if they were adamant about Uncle Jack being the last antagonist he should have been introduced sooner, been given more of a chance to make an impact & honestly, gotten a better actor to play him. His character just seemed underdeveloped & an afterthought.

Czech mob boss or Gus' Chile connect would have been the way to go. Instead the main player from Gus' world we got to see was... Lydia :ermm:.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
shits getting out of hand now!.......

Breaking Bad' teacher-turned-druglord gets obituary in Albuquerque newspaper

(Reuters) - Fans mourning the loss of the gritty drug drama "Breaking Bad" and its main character, chemistry-teacher-turned-meth-kingpin Walter White, memorialized the fictitious druglord on Friday with a real obituary in an Albuquerque newspaper.

Members of the Facebook page "Unofficial Breaking Bad Fan Tour" and local high school science teacher David Layman, who appeared as an extra in the show's pilot, purchased advertising space for the 87-word tribute in the Albuquerque Journal, the newspaper reported.

"White, Walter aka 'Heisenberg,' 52, of Albuquerque, died Sunday after a long battle with lung cancer, and a gunshot wound," read the ad, which ran on page A4 on Friday. "He will be greatly missed."

The ad also urged readers to donate to drug abuse prevention programs.

"Putting the obit in the paper was fitting, because the series was based in Albuquerque and it provides some of us some closure," Layman told the paper.

The AMC drama, which concluded on Sunday, chronicled the transformation of White from a high school teacher scrambling to secure his family's finances after a terminal cancer diagnosis to the commander of an illegal methamphetamine empire. It won best drama series for its fifth season at the Emmy awards last month.

Sunday's 75-minute finale showed White, played by Bryan Cranston, tie up the loose ends of his crumbling drug empire and die just as the police finally catch up with him.

The conclusion drew 10.3 million viewers, the show's biggest audience for any single episode of its five seasons!

still not better then the sopranos tho, no way

Props: LiterACola

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I didn't like Jesse Pinkman not dying.....he was a snitch, he should've been dealt with. I liked Walt going into the meth lab to die, like someone posted earlier the episode was him coming to grips with the fact that he wanted that life for himself and not anyone else....and him falling to the floor as the cops come give the viewer the option of him dying or getting caught. Todd was one of my favorite characters, but I agree that they didn't put enough effort into the uncle's character...and I would've liked to see more of Todd & Lydia together, they were so odd that it was funny

Props: Rasan

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Can anyone enlighten me on the grey matter back story? I forgot how they screwed Walt over, wasn't he in love with Gretchen or something like that and he chose to leave on his own because he was heartbroken or some shit like that? I think I need to watch the first season over again