The official Breaking Bad is an awesome fucking show thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Anyone know what Vince Gilligan will work on next? Anyways, his thoughts on Walt/Jesse

On Walt not killing Jesse

The writers and I were thinking of the wonderful western The Searchers. All throughout The Searchers, John Wayne is looking for Natalie Wood's character, who has been taken by the Apaches. He's going to kill her when he finds her. At the end of the movie, when he lays eyes on her, he can't do it. He sweeps her up in his arms instead and saves her ... We were thinking [Walt] is gonna kill Jesse the whole time, we think that's his intent, then he sees him and sees what terrible shape he's in, and instinct takes over; that fondness he's felt for him – although he hasn't shown it very well over the years, I have to admit.
really? i thought he learned they killed the messican broad and his intention was to save him that whole time. i must be imagining shit lol

Nov 24, 2003
Average ending. Of course Walt kills all the bad guys and saves Jesse and then dies. I think everyone was expecting that.

C or C+

Writers played it safe and definitely tried to appeal to the majority of people rather than give us something truly good.

I would have much rather seen Walt's plan backfire when he couldn't get the keys back at the AB clubhouse or even better have him killed an a random car accident on his drive back to NM....the best laid plans often go astray as is real life.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yeah because Walt dying in a random car accident would have been so amazing right? If that happened you'd log on here and say the writers got lazy
itd be more like a nod to no country for old men, how anton kills carlajean for no reason then wham instant karma lol. but walt reaped what he sowed ultimately, it was just done in an 'on his terms only' kind of way, probably to appease team heisenberg. so i dont agree with the car accident either

Props: Mr. Nice Guy
Nov 24, 2003
We all expected Walt to have accidentally shot himself and died from the fatal wound? I must have missed that prediction, what page did you say that was going to happen again?

Everyone I talked to about this show leading up to the last episode expected Walt to kill Lydia, free Jesse, and die in the process....and that is exactly what happened.

Were you expecting something different?

Feb 14, 2006
Everyone I talked to about this show leading up to the last episode expected Walt to kill Lydia, free Jesse, and die in the process....and that is exactly what happened.

Were you expecting something different?
Well when you have 50 million fans online discussing every angle, nuance, and color on the show somebodies going to get it right.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
the show was great, but no matter what it can NEVER be the greatest of all time, NEVER. its rated like what... tv14? pg? lol. maybe if it were on a station where they could actually swear, show tiddies and graphic violence, id consider it. hank couldn't even yell FUCK YOURSELF it was edited. lol

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
itd be more like a nod to no country for old men, how anton kills carlajean for no reason then wham instant karma lol. but walt reaped what he sowed ultimately, it was just done in an 'on his terms only' kind of way, probably to appease team heisenberg. so i dont agree with the car accident either
There is actually kind of a nod to that movie with Jesse. He is literally, after all that, at ground zero again. We have no clue what happens to him. There was no closure there. He can't go save Brock and live happily ever after. He's broke and if he resurfaces he goes to prison for life. For all we know he works at a Subway in Yakima.