The official 2014 Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
and we just pick up cb keith mcgill from utah who is a big corner 6'3 211

i give reggie an A in this draft so far. 2 possible day one starts in jackson and mack and big run stuffer who should help out mack even more. plus the qb of the future hopefully and mcvill hopefully pans out to be a sherman type late round big shutdown corner

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
kind of crazy, these 2 brothers (both have usernames here, one post sometimes the other not really at all) i grew up with would stay at there grandmas in LA a lot and they have known that guy Keith Mcgill for a long time, he lived right next door to there grandma. Cant believe the Raiders actually selected him, what are the odds in that happeneing?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
From SI:
Oakland Raiders

Without question, this was one of Oakland’s best drafts top-to-bottom in recent memory. OLB Khalil Mack will be the face of the defense, while QB Derek Carr could carry the same mantle on offense. G Gabe Jackson, DT Justin Ellis and CB Keith McGill all ought to play early. Even Round 7 produced a couple of worthwhile projects in CB T.J. Carrie and S Jonathan Dowling. This is how your rebuild a team.

Grade: A

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Of course wen don't know until these guys actually play, but it seems like reggie nailed it with this draft. I think he saved his job. We got lucky having mack fall to use at 5 and the qb we wanted fall to our pick in the second round, but sometimes you need a little bit of luck. Good job Reggie. I'm really excited for this season.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
And now I'm saying I'm back. You must be crazy if you think I'm leaving after this draft. Carr will be starting before the season is over. I was just upset about us signing Shaub. Drafting Carr makes me feel a sense of relief. I got too much Raider gear for me to leave.

I'll see you at one or two of the games this season, I'm going to treat you to some nachos and a beer for always having my back through tough times.