The Official 2013 Raiders Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
lmao R @raiders fans crying because the 49ers are in the Superbowl...

YEAH!! YOU ALL MAD!!
im not mad. i congratulated my real life friends and went out with them to have a couple shots. they didnt once mention my team and for good reason.

its funny cuz we kicked the guy out of the party who was crying. told him to get him man pants on and come back in once the tears dried.

Props: RAPresentah
Jul 29, 2002
lmao R @raiders fans crying because the 49ers are in the Superbowl...

YEAH!! YOU ALL MAD!!
cmon now bro you obviously generalizing your statement there, i mean yeah theres a few people who are Raider fans that might be hating but theres a gang of you muthafuckas licking your chops to say something bad about the Raiders all the time. Peep every single Raider post vato, just saying....

Props: MaC A$$ ViC

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Good gawd why is it always the same shit? the same 3 or 4 9er fans say something bullshit then the same 3 or 4 Raider fans gotta quote the same thing talkin about talking shit in our threads. then they reply and its an endless cycle that takes up pages before there's another news story. smh

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Jamarcus Russell wants to make a comeback
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 23, 2013, 2:45 AM EST
Jamarcus Russell Getty Images

Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Jamarcus Russell is hoping to make a return to the NFL.

Seriously.

Despite still weighing 308 pounds, the former first round pick believes he can make a return to the league. Russell has been working out for the last six weeks in an attempt to get back in shape and return to the football field for the first time since 2009.

According to Yahoo! Sports, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West and be mentored by former NFL and LSU wide receiver Mike Clayton.

Russell is also expected to get specific training from a handful of former NFL players, including Jeff Garcia and Marshall Faulk, hoping to help restore Russell’s football career.

Russell still has a long way to go before any team will even consider giving him a look. Even if he’s able to get back into something close to playing shape, he’ll have to convince a team to give him a workout. He’ll have to answer questions about his arrest for having codeine syrup with a prescription in 2010 and convince someone he’s worth a chance.

But you can’t blame Russell trying to revitalize his career, even if he’s unsuccessful.

“I’m not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven’t been there for me,” Russell said. “It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that’s just what I’m used to. It’s going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen.”

Props: Rossibreath
Jul 29, 2002
The Oakland Raiders have hired Tony Sparano as assistant head coach/offensive line coach, the team announced Wednesday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the news of the hiring earlier in the day.

Sparano was fired after one year as offensive coordinator of the New York Jets. His offense ranked No. 30 in the NFL. Sparano reportedly was scheduled to interview with the Kansas City Chiefs on Jan. 14, and he talked with several teams about their offensive line coach position.

Sparano was the Miami Dolphins' head coach for four years before being fired in 2011. The Dolphins went 29-32 in four years and regressed from 11-5 in 2008 to 4-9 in 2011. Sparano has big-time experience, whether it was successful or not. Having him on the Raiders' staff to direct the offensive line should bring valued knowledge to the room without the pressure of having him in a larger decision-making role.

The Raiders obviously are trying to improve a run offense that ranked No. 28 in the NFL last season despite having Darren McFadden, one of the most-talented running backs in the NFL. Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp was fired after one season and his zone-blocking scheme leaves with him. Newly hired offensive coordinator Greg Olson will install a power running game that's familiar to Sparano.

interesting hire....

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
The Oakland Raiders have hired Tony Sparano as assistant head coach/offensive line coach, the team announced Wednesday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the news of the hiring earlier in the day.

Sparano was fired after one year as offensive coordinator of the New York Jets. His offense ranked No. 30 in the NFL. Sparano reportedly was scheduled to interview with the Kansas City Chiefs on Jan. 14, and he talked with several teams about their offensive line coach position.

Sparano was the Miami Dolphins' head coach for four years before being fired in 2011. The Dolphins went 29-32 in four years and regressed from 11-5 in 2008 to 4-9 in 2011. Sparano has big-time experience, whether it was successful or not. Having him on the Raiders' staff to direct the offensive line should bring valued knowledge to the room without the pressure of having him in a larger decision-making role.

The Raiders obviously are trying to improve a run offense that ranked No. 28 in the NFL last season despite having Darren McFadden, one of the most-talented running backs in the NFL. Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp was fired after one season and his zone-blocking scheme leaves with him. Newly hired offensive coordinator Greg Olson will install a power running game that's familiar to Sparano.

interesting hire....

Well maybe Tony Soprano can strike the fear of god into these bastards...and they'll all start playing with some balls. if they dont wanna end up whacked.

Nov 1, 2004
Palmer was an int machine because we had no run game. If the team knows you cant run the ball more than 1 yard then why even cover the run.

The Raiders are going to be terrible. Reggie is so in love with his Packers picks he is forgetting something important, Flynn isn't good.

This will be yet another sad season for Raiders fans. I'm literally trying to figure out what team I want to do well this year because I've pretty much given up on the Raiders. Fuckin pop warner team at best

Props: Tony

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I'm literally trying to figure out what team I want to do well this year
Any team in mind bro? Niners maybe since they're on the other side of the bay? Cowboys? Eagles with Vick? Ain't nothing wrong with rooting some other team on since the team you usually root for won't be doing shht.