The Official 2013 Raiders Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Glad the Raiders are gonna at least get some picks out of AZ for Palmer, nice to get something back instead of just cutting him and eating up cap space and not getting anything.

Glad i've been reading they're gonna have both TP and Flynn compete for the starter job also instead of just calling Flynn the starter from the jump. Should bring out the best in both of them since I know TP has been dying to take control and Flynn after years of being a back up has been dying to lead an offense.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Palmer was an int machine because we had no run game. If the team knows you cant run the ball more than 1 yard then why even cover the run.

The Raiders are going to be terrible. Reggie is so in love with his Packers picks he is forgetting something important, Flynn isn't good.

This will be yet another sad season for Raiders fans. I'm literally trying to figure out what team I want to do well this year because I've pretty much given up on the Raiders. Fuckin pop warner team at best
you sound like fucking tony going to root for another team then you aint a true fan

Nov 1, 2004
you sound like fucking tony going to root for another team then you aint a true fan
I don't give a fuck, I'm still a Raiders fan. I want them to win. That being said, they suck and I don't have much optimism for this squad.
I went to 8 games last season, 6 reg and 2 pre. I spent a lot of damn money doing so and you know how many times I watched them win? Once. Week 15 against the Chiefs they finally choked out a win via field goals. Not even 1 fucking touch down.
Does anyone seriously think Matt Flynn is the answer?
Does anyone seriously think the Cardinals are going to give the Raiders any picks for Palmer when they HAVE to cut him anyways and then Palmer can CHOOSE where he wants to go?
This shit is ugly. I'll start giving a fuck once they can BREAK .500.
Until then, why the fuck would I support(financially at least) such a terrible squad, this ain't fucking Cleveland.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Any team in mind bro? Niners maybe since they're on the other side of the bay? Cowboys? Eagles with Vick? Ain't nothing wrong with rooting some other team on since the team you usually root for won't be doing shht.

Props: Joey

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I don't give a fuck, I'm still a Raiders fan. I want them to win. That being said, they suck and I don't have much optimism for this squad.
I went to 8 games last season, 6 reg and 2 pre. I spent a lot of damn money doing so and you know how many times I watched them win? Once. Week 15 against the Chiefs they finally choked out a win via field goals. Not even 1 fucking touch down.
Does anyone seriously think Matt Flynn is the answer?
Does anyone seriously think the Cardinals are going to give the Raiders any picks for Palmer when they HAVE to cut him anyways and then Palmer can CHOOSE where he wants to go?
This shit is ugly. I'll start giving a fuck once they can BREAK .500.
Until then, why the fuck would I support(financially at least) such a terrible squad, this ain't fucking Cleveland.
That's what I'm saying. And we all know Matt Flynn will be starting. Reggie didn't bring him in for nothing or to just be a backup. Matt is favored to win the starting job!

Like you said, I hope the Raiders win too but let's get real. K.C. is better than us now (at least on paper). It gets tiring seeing the Raiders lose every damn year.

Jan 12, 2006
Reggie did what he had to do by getting rid of plamer but damn this must be bitter sweet for you raiders fans. On one hand you get rid of Palmers ridiculous contract even though you will still be paying him this season while he wears a Cardinals uniform. On the other hand all you got for him was a conditional 7th round pick in 2014. I Thought Hue was a legit HC but he fucked the raiders over as a GM, it's like the raiders gave up picks 1st round(2012) 2nd round (2013) 5th round (2014) conditional (2015) just to end up with Matt Flynn. Like they say though "You have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward.

Nov 1, 2004
I disagree. Under Hue the offensive plan was better. We scored points, ran the ball and had some good plays.
His problem was with defense, so they bring in a D minded head coach and the defense actually gets worse.
Palmer and Jackson together would have been a much better result than Palmer and Knapp time.

Props: Defy and Tony
Jan 12, 2006
^^^
I Agree! I think you misread my post I said Hue was a legit Head Coach, but as a General Manager he screwed the raiders over on the Carson Palmer trade by giving up to much for him. I also think D.Allen-Palmer<<H.Jackson-Palmer.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I agree with 5-Dime NwK. He's right on point!

McFadden was beasting in Hue's offense. DHB and McFadden both had career years under Hue. He knew how to use Al's players, Jacoby Ford was beasting too!

Palmer didn't play all that bad, he threw for over 4,000 yards and completed over 60% of his passes. 14 INT's is not that many..... averaged less than 1 per game.

Did Hue give up too much for Palmer? Maybe now that both aren't with the team anymore. But this trade would have paid off if Hue and Palmer were still with the team. It was a desperate move to keep the team in playoff contention that year.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Which is exactly why it was a dumb trade. You don't mortgage the future on a oldg uy to try and sneak in the playoffs. That's the kind of trade a team makes when they're one guy away from a Superbowl not one guy away from 8-8 or 9-7. Raider fans think there's like a magic button you can press to get good. It's gonna take a couple drafts you're team sucks retards.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah but the plan was for Palmer to play a few years under Hue Jackson it wasn't for just that one season (that's why he was still under contract). If Palmer would have known that Jackson wasn't going to be the coach, he probably wouldn't have come.

He wanted out from the Raiders because he sees the direction they're headed. Who would take a pay cut to sit around a watch a team rebuild?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah, he gave up too much but I bet you he (Jackson) thought he'd be around to see that trade pay off. Oh well, now the Raiders get a 7th rounder in return.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Giving up what they gave up made it impossible for that trade to pay off. Ok now we added a decent veteran QB to make us a .500 team but have no draft picks or cap space to improve on it. Good trade! Raiders logic.