The Official 2013 Raiders Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The Raiders didn't need a corner after signing two in the off season
Agreed, especially with the 12th pick and the crazy amounts of DB's that have been going in the 3rd round.

Honestly I think it was a dumb pick, don't see DJ being a stand out player right away. Sharrif or Star I could see as impact players and they would have filled a hole we needed to fill more than DB.

Maybe Reggie and staff saw something in DJ at the combine and workouts that we must not know about because DJ was the 44th ranked prosect out of 53 eligible corners in the draft. Who knows.

Props: Tony
Jan 18, 2006
I see what yall are saying but theres nothing wrong with having depth at the db position. That has really been our biggest issue on defense ever since Nnamdi left. I like the fact there will be a competition just to earn that starting spot.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I see what yall are saying but theres nothing wrong with having depth at the db position. That has really been our biggest issue on defense ever since Nnamdi left. I like the fact there will be a competition just to earn that starting spot.
The biggest problem I think was the run defense. They should've went defensive tackle, stopping the run is most important. With Seymour, Kelly, Bryant gone they have holes to fill on that D line.

Jun 23, 2005
the more i do research on dj hayden the more i like the pick. This kid looks like a playmaker, a difference maker. while star and floyd and both solid, they might just be that, solid players but nothing special. Hayden seems like he could be something special.

before he got hurt he played in 9 games and had 4 interceptions. a lot of people had him ranked higher than milliner for top CB. the way i see it, reggie would of picked him number 3 if he didnt get the trade so hes great value at 12.

just hope he isnt like the last Houston CB we got haha

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just realized Matt Flynn came to another team in a highly publicized move only to now compete with another mid round draft pick named Wilson in training camp.

Matt Flynn is probably like "really? they gotta be fucking with me right now"

Props: Rossibreath
Jun 23, 2005
that injury is mostly seen in car crashes, never have they seen it happen it on a football field. all doctors said it most likely will never happen again on the football field, and he is of no higher risk to re injure himself in that particular spot than any other spot

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
UDFA's - so far:

Dexter McCoil, S, Temple
Deveric Gallington, OG/C, Texas Tech
Sam McGuffie, WR, Rice
Kyle Padron, QB, Eastern Washington
Bobby Cowan, P, Idaho
Tim Wright, WR, Rutgers
Deonte Williams, RB, Cal Poly
Conner Vernon, WR. Duke
John Wetzel, OT, Boston College
Kyle Magnuson, OT, Wyoming
Josh Leonard, OL, Wyoming
Freddy Young, S, New Mexico
Logan Freeman, OT, Central Missouri
Lamar Mady, OG, Youngstown
Kentrell Harris, DE, Virginia Union
Billy Boyko, ILB, Lehigh

Props: MaC A$$ ViC
Jun 23, 2002
reggie knows whats up, please name the db's u guys signed in the offseason again? fucking mike jenkins and who? two serviceable yet exposed db's who are decent pickups but not for the future. theres a reason the teams they were on dropped em. hayden is a great pick, reggie knows whats up, not a raiders fan but like what he's doing for ya'll within minimal choices. good luck to ya'll, guaranteed in 2-3 yrs you'll get turned around. didnt really check your guys' other picks but i hope u got some OL help