The offical Wright VS Taylor thread....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
C-DUBB said:
good points , but i think he is getting better every fight. he looked alot better tonight then he did against b hop. i think emanuel stewart will do alot of good for him.
4 Sho.Taylor has potential. Winky Wright has little room for improvement. Once Emanual Stewart reviews that tape I think a rematch would favor Taylor.
Surcalimen- His stance/balance wasn't on point before his eye closed up.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
What I expected, a home town decision.
It didn't stop me from throwing money behind Winky though.

I call it a robbery for sure.
Winky outpunched Taylor in just about every round.
Sorry but unlike some of you cats, and many judges;
I DON'T SCORE SYMPATHY ROUNDS.
If a guy doesn't win a round, he doesn't get 10 points in my book.
People often times find themselves looking to give rounds away to the fighter that is being dominated. They look for rounds that aren't as lopsided and as soon as they find a close round, they automatically give it to the guy that's behind.
Sorry but I don't do that.
Taylor got 3 or 4 rounds AT BEST.
You guys saw the punch stat numbers, Winky hurt Taylor on MANY occasions through out the fight, he pushed the fight and fought HIS fight. Taylor was backing up, often missing as Winky blocked most of his punches, and clinching.

But yeah, he's a real champion :rolleyes:
A telling part of the fight was the final round where Winky outpunched him and yet Taylor got the round simply because Winky didn't press as he had done earlier. Everyone was questionning what Winky wasn't doing but what about Taylor? Taylor automatically gets the round even though he lost it just because Winky dropped his level of activity.
That's bullshit. But it's the same thing HBO's commentators did in his two fights with Hopkins and its the same thing the judges did.
Why Taylor seems to always get the benefit of the doubt is beyond me....

I'll give him credit, he's got heart. He punched back every time Winky would hurt him whether he landed or not. He tried....
But the guy remains a paper champ.
As both Winky and Hopkins have said, everyone knows who really won those fights....

May 6, 2002
I would like to see fighters starting facing their mandatories more often (said it again in another thread).

I dont want to see a rematch.
I dont want to see Taylor move up to Super Middle to fight Calzaghe.

All these champs need to stop trying to cash out on super fights and start fighting their mandatories. We have been having way too many super fights lately and I think it is taking away from the sport and the rankings.

Jan 18, 2006
WINKY WAS ROBBED, FUCKEN KURUPT ASS BOXING JUST SETTING UP A SECOND FIGHT FOR PPV, JERMAINE AINT AS GOOD AS HE GETS PUMPED UP TO BE, ITS LIKE BOXING IS TRYEN TO KEEP HIM AS CHAMP.

Jul 24, 2005
the fight could have gone either way but I had taylor by one round winky has good d-fense but when taylor had winky in the middle of the ring taylor gave him all he could handle while winky just tried to block his punches thats why I gave taylor the descion(sp) cause he push the fight more

May 17, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Final punchstats do not reflect actual scoring.

A person can land 100 in 3 rounds (exaggeration) and be shut down the rest.
The opponent can steadily land 20 solid punches a round and come out with less puches landed, but will probably win more rounds. Just an exaggerated example, to make it easier to understand.

Overall Compubox means nothing. Compux round has some reflection of how the round went, but still not much. The round is given for aggressiveness (pressure), effectiveness, ring generalship, and punching. Compubox only shows one stat.

The round stat matters, but the overall doesn't mean much.

Yep, with each round of a boxing match being independant of the other rounds, the overall statistics of a fight do not matter when scoring a fight, hypthetically.

Obviously, the overall stats dictate who was the busier fighter, and they show what/ how many punches a fighter throws throughout the fight. But, since each round is independantly scored, overall punch stats are not as indicitive of who wins as one might think.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think the fight should have been scored a draw. It was a close battle and neither fighter did enough to win or lose. Winky did press the action most of the fight but he was getting caught with straight right hands. Also Taylor's eye swelled from a head butt. I thought it was a draw and they should fight again. Taylor is willing too but Winky isn't. That tells me Winky doesn't think he can beat dude... because it was such a good fight they should do it again.

Jun 9, 2002
Tony said:
I think the fight should have been scored a draw. It was a close battle and neither fighter did enough to win or lose. Winky did press the action most of the fight but he was getting caught with straight right hands. Also Taylor's eye swelled from a head butt. I thought it was a draw and they should fight again. Taylor is willing too but Winky isn't. That tells me Winky doesn't think he can beat dude... because it was such a good fight they should do it again.
i dont even need to express my opinion, u said exactly how if eel

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^For real... it was a damn good fight and neither deserved to win or lose. One judge saw it in Winky's favor, one in Taylor's favor and one judge scored it a draw. I wouldn't say Winky got robbed because he didn't lose the fight. Winky and Taylor should do it again. Winky landed some good shots but Taylor landed good shots too. Taylor is willing to do it again. What's up with Winky? He shouldn't be discouraged because he fought a damn good fight.

Jul 24, 2005
it going to be a rematch with all the money winky is going to be offered why not who else is he going to fight felix strum? and who wants to see that at the end of the day HBO is going to throw good money on the line for a rematch.

May 17, 2002
You know, if they have a next fight, they will want it on ppv, so they can both get a bigger purse. If i remember correctly, this fight was on and off in the first place, so who knows if we will se another one. Damn promoters bitching with one another.

Jul 24, 2005
MISTADON said:
You know, if they have a next fight, they will want it on ppv, so they can both get a bigger purse. If i remember correctly, this fight was on and off in the first place, so who knows if we will se another one. Damn promoters bitching with one another.

Shit who know but at the end of the day it all about money plus like you said it going to be on ppv so who knows what kind of money thats going to be thrown around