The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
^^^^^^^^ Were just getting started nothings cooling off in Oaktown. I want to say this to my fellow A's fan's keep an eye on Pennington he's gonna start to heat up.
So going 3-7 in your last 10 games (before last night) isn't "cooling off"? Interesting take....

Oakland is playing over their heads at the moment. The averages will come back to reality sooner or later.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
ok the home plate ump took a ball off the mask early in the game and now has called strike 3, on only the second strike, TWICE, with two different A's batters.

The've now pulled the second plate umpire to have him suit up and pull the home plate guy. They were saying he looks dazed.

edit: Crisp ties it up with a double

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
So going 3-7 in your last 10 games (before last night) isn't "cooling off"? Interesting take....

Oakland is playing over their heads at the moment. The averages will come back to reality sooner or later.

im with you usually but this time i think they're as legit as several other teams we'd normally apply the "law of averages" to. The A's have the same record as Baltimore. When was the last time they were contenders? The A's have great pitching and their hitting is super inconsistent, yes, but when the roster expands I think that will help them, especially with the bullpen. If people stay healthy, and they maintain this 'play til the last out' mentality, no one can say its not legit nor do they not deserve a playoff spot. That's why I have tickets to the last game of the year, Oct. 3rd. Baseball that late, holy shit!

Also Chris Carter has finally come around. He's confident in the box and gets his hands through quickly. Please keep it going. He can be frank thomas jr., I like the hop he gets on a high throw.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011

4-6 in 10 games is hardly cooling off. its an interesting take to jump to conclusions after 10 games, cause 2 losses under .500 in 10 dooms a team.....:rolleyes:. If you look at the rosters for the games we lost, pennington was out till today, crisp was out for a few of those losses, and cespedes and weeks both sat out a game and im almost certain we lost that game cespedes sat out.

just adding to the conversation defending my team, not trying to stir the pot, but uh we aint coolin off

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
deadline is up though. cook is practically are only option unless we want to stick balfour(who has been pitching better) back in there. I dont want that though, balfour makes me nervous