The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
texas tonight, leaving for the game now. Probably find me in the bleachers slammin em back, yellin at cruz, and blowin smoke into my jacket. GO A'S!

Jun 23, 2002
Muchos props to the A's, wish the Giants could hit the long ball on a more consistent basis. What is interesting though is the A's tema batting average:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting

You guys are hitting .227 as a team, good for 28th in MLB (Giants aint much better off at 24th). So if you guys weren't hitting the long ball you'd be royally fucked. If you guys actually start hitting, it'd be a scary thing to see.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
^ yeah no doubt, the batting averages of these guys directly correlates with all those solo hr's. Reddick has something like 14 out 21 hrs that are solo hr's, and then when you look at the batting averages of weeks crisp and pennington at the begging of the season until now, you can see why.

Red hring last night was the highlight of the game for me, then my boys tortured me the rest of the game. Blown scoring chance with the bases loaded, and then miller in the top 9 walking the first 3 batters... Idk about miller, I say send him packin like fuentes. At least balfour has been stepping his game up and getting in a groove...

Jan 18, 2006
Im loving this A's lineup.
I just wish more of their bombs came with guys on base. Too many solo shots
Loving is the biggest understatement in a while when referring to the A's. This is the most addictive I've been to watching every A's game since like 2003. We must have the most walkoff wins in the league

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
they still have a good amount of walk off homers though. shit. Ive been to 4 games that were walk offs so far.

So whats gonna happen to our starting staff when mcarthy and braden come back? Is ross on the dl? Ross was pitching well so i may be a tad suprised if hes in aaa. You got blackley and griffin pitching well, parker and milone getting in grooves, whats gonna happen?

^pertaining to this, I say maybe shop colon for 1 more power hitter, and if he can play 3rd base thatd be a HUGE plus, even if hes just one of those vs lefty righty kinda guys so we can swap inge in and out while inge isnt hitting well. The major loss would be the intangibles, hes a good guy to have for the locker room.

Jan 18, 2006
Billy Beane the mastermind at it again. Moneyball 2 in theaters 2015 lol. Rangers shitten in they pants, they might have a comfortable lead at the moment but they thinken bout the A's

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
they still have a good amount of walk off homers though. shit. Ive been to 4 games that were walk offs so far.

So whats gonna happen to our starting staff when mcarthy and braden come back? Is ross on the dl? Ross was pitching well so i may be a tad suprised if hes in aaa. You got blackley and griffin pitching well, parker and milone getting in grooves, whats gonna happen?

^pertaining to this, I say maybe shop colon for 1 more power hitter, and if he can play 3rd base thatd be a HUGE plus, even if hes just one of those vs lefty righty kinda guys so we can swap inge in and out while inge isnt hitting well. The major loss would be the intangibles, hes a good guy to have for the locker room.
dont forget about Brett Anderson....

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
shit he'll be back soon from the elbow thing yeah? In a world with no injuries, we got enough starters we can trade a few away to get one more power threat on the bench.

Im feeling more than content with the lineup right now, but I dont want to miss the opportunity of being able to upgrade while we still can. We gotta think about this season, cause who fuckin knows who will still be here next season