The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
he looked good against the reds. manny however, did not. hes gonna have a long time to work out by himself, so he better show up to play when his season starts

as for thew whole territory rights thing, didnt the a's have territorial rights to sj, and then give them to the giants when they were thinking about moving? Giants and the league trying to keep the rights that were a gift to them when they were shitty, and now the a's are shitty and they dont want to give em up? stingy bastards

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Heard a short rumor on The Game today, that there are 2 perspective buyers for the A's, and these buyers would be keeping the team in Oakland. Not much info yet, plus Wolff has said he isnt interested in selling, I think he's not letting on that he is, he's over his head and doesnt know whats going on for the most part, and if he hears negatively about San Jose I'd bet he'd be ready to sell real quick. Dont know though, all I know is I'd rather have the A's in Oakland.

Two groups express interest in A’s
The A’s are not for sale, at least from everything I’ve read and heard. That hasn’t stopped two groups from expressing interest in buying the club, according to Matier and Ross.

Let’s play this little hypothetical out: If Bud Selig can’t broker a deal to get the A’s territorial rights to San Jose, then it would seem that Lew Wolff’s next step may be to put the team up for sale. Such a sale probably couldn’t be completed until 2013 at the earliest, which coincidentally is the same year the A’s lease ends at the Coliseum.

Forbes valued the A’s at $307 million last year, and should have a similar valuation this year. The going trend for franchise sales would have the team sell for a significant premium over that valuation.
A few months ago, some pro-Oakland. keep-them-at-the-Coliseum interests called Wolff to see if he was interested in selling. He confirmed that he wasn’t. So it’s funny, though not surprising, that the interests mentioned by Matier and Ross are from Los Angeles and Silicon Valley, not Oakland or the East Bay. With the A’s ongoing presence in Oakland precarious, it would seem better to have some kind of homegrown ownership group, lest an incoming group be called carpetbaggers all over again. If either of those groups were to go in, they’d invest at least $400 million in the team and $500 million in the stadium, with no guarantee of a great sales price once they feel like selling. That’s a tough proposition for any prospective buyer, and just one of the endgame scenarios Selig has to consider when deciding the A’s fate.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Jemile Weeks leading the A's in home runs in spring training though? The A's are gonna surprise a lot of teams this season.
I think so too. Not to be overly optimistic, or put too much on it, but I think they can do a lot better than everyone expects. At the very least theyll be a fun team to watch, with lots of fun young talent...Cespedes, Weeks, lots of up-and-coming bats and gloves, lots of speed, pitching will be great. Im going to enjoy the A's in Oakland as much as I can until something happens, hope they stay, but gotta enjoy them in the meantime.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
weeks is gonna go .319 with 6-9 hr in 50 games, and then the a's will trade him. Not what I want, but I have a hunch thats what will go down

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
lol you dont think so? thats cool.

I have a hunch that its gonna happen. Thats what the a's do. Its baseball, idk how you can think its not possible.

Anyways, yall watchin the game right now? 7-1 sf

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
lol you dont think so? thats cool.

I have a hunch that its gonna happen. Thats what the a's do. Its baseball, idk how you can think its not possible.

Anyways, yall watchin the game right now? 7-1 sf
The ONE player they said they wouldnt deal? The player thats not near arbitration? The player that is locked in past this season? The player thats the centerpiece of their infield? After theyve specifically said they will not be dealing him? Ignoring the fact they dont toss players away because they do well, they do it to avoid paying them, in the past...There is absolutely NO reason to have any type of "hunch". Ok, they might trade him, and they might fill the colisseum with water and put in waterslides the same day...I dont understand how you can come up with stuff like that when theres a dozen things evidence of the contrary.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Lol well although i dont know who said what, and its the first ive heard of "them" saying "he wont be delt", I do know that nothing is set in stone. And even if someone is saying one thing, the outcome is more than likely to be different.

People say a lot of things, and things change. I dont know how u can get heated by the hunch of a nobody, but I hope you dont disregard the thoughts. Anythings a possibility at this point, weeks is gonna be a hot commodity in the middle of the season if he plays anything like he did last year.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Coco will be a deadline casualty. Suzuki prolly will be too....
I think Coco for sure. Id guess theyd hang on to suzuki until after the season, especially if he brings his numbers back up. I say that since I think they want to work something out with Norris and Donaldson and catching in the future once they have 3rd figured out, unless they can move suzuki for a 3rd baseman and either Donaldson/Norris is ready to go, Id say he stays threw this year...But yeah, coco's end is coming, I like him on the team, his speed and attitude, but they have too many outfielders, specifically cespedes who wants to play CF, and Im tired of his super-weak arm.