the Northwess: A Region United?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. Samos said:
A mini-documentary series featuring artists and composers would be cool to see in the DVD also.
I know someone that's doing this currently, they're only doing Seattle though...Then moving to other bigger cities.

Apr 10, 2006
ayo, i like the dvd idea. that's exactly what'll get attention to the northwest. what needs to happen is that we need to get someone to be tapin the Northwest Urban Lifestyle Conference in Seattle on June 3rd. there should be some real good footage from that. We need to show people that we are serious about this music shit and by showin the general public the conference and the studio sessions and the shows. it'll show people our grind. Also the linkin up with other artists as well. There are artists that have done tracks with people from the NW. for example. I believe that the Playa Jay Tee from Vallejo has done a couple of tracks with Cool Nutz and they had that Northwest compilation cd a while back.
We need to get more organized and get serious about this dvd idea. cuz i think this shit will be something real hot. We could also do something like the Yahoo shit they do on the net. a Northwest: Pass the Mic shit and put that on the DVD as well. We also have to go out of state to get recognition for our state. I know this is common knowledge but it can't be stressed enough. We have good talent here in the North Dub, fuck, we have alot of good talent but we to take it outside of our region to blow shit up.
I don't know man but that's my take on this whole situation. and i'm willin to help out anyway i can with any of these projects. i'm from the eastside of da WA, 509 and it looks like we also need to get more unified and get some of the rappers from here to get more unified and let there shit be heard cuz we also seem to not get as much recognition as all the tacoma and seattle rappers.

www.soundclick.com/elevation420
REPPIN DAT SMOKEY EVERGREEN....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr 25, 2002
The DVD idea has been done before. Anybody heard of the I-5 North Documentary?

Making one won't change things. It's going to take a special person i.e. Nelly in St. Louis, who blew, then he returned the favor and blew all his people from back there.

But the NW and St. Louis really don't have anything in common, so I don't know if that's a good analogy.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Sixxness said:
I'm not leavin....But I do believe that if you put something out it should be worth the time and effort you put in. If something has MY NAME on it, it WILL be GOOD, or it won't come out until I think it's damn near fucking perfect. That's how I am. Don't like it? Then go use your 8mm camera and edit on fucking adobe premiere and put out some garbage ass DVD....Then maybe our region will get some credit! :confused: I'm not going to even discuss this. That's how I feel. I've said it before and I'm not tryin to say it again.
It is what you make it. If you start taking tapes, and 5 hours of submissions come in, nobody is saying to make a 5 hour DVD. Cut it down to 1 1/2 hours of only the best, and the "lesser" footage (1-angle, HI8, etc.) can be used as bonus footage. For the stuff that really isn't DVD-ready, put it on a website so the people can still enjoy it.

Have some of you people talking this shit about "quality" even WATCHED the Smack DVDs? Some of those battles are fuckin HORRIBLE quality, 1-angle shots with cheap cameras. DO YOU THINK MOST PEOPLE GIVE A FUCK IF THE ACTION IS HOT????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know.....sometimes I really do feel like I'm the only one looking out for the fans.

And who the fuck am I gonna co-sign in this thread? Only person I can think of is Snicc :)
Sixxness said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that understands shitty product means shitty repsonse. That should be fucking common sense. Tadou, where did you come up with that shit? I'd seriously like to know why you think something is better than nothing.

Still got that short attention span going, I see :rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
xpanther206 said:
The DVD idea has been done before. Anybody heard of the I-5 North Documentary?
Documentaries are not something you pop in during a house party or something similar. What is being discussed here is more like the Treal TV DVDs--various segments of rap-related things, interviews, and so on, with a sprinkling of performances. NOT following 50 rappers around and asking the same shit over and over again.

MrSniccrs said:
Sub-par is a BEGINNING. Editting is a mutha fucka. Adobe takes out the shakes and fixes the lighting. Sound? No problem. You gotta start somewhere or else you're gonna work yourself up to do it big only to have that big shit be too heavy to put on the shelves, THEN you've truly wasted your time and efforts.
Smart man.

Friends......Don't even sit here and act like you've never seen a video that takes a LIVE PERFORMANCE and mixes it with an ALBUM TRACK. That is the type of things that will need to be done. LATER ON, maybe we can hook up Hard Disk Recorders and get the LIVE VOCALS and add them to the DVD.......but for now, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, instead of sitting around playing the WAITING GAME until everything is 100% perfect.

Sixxness said:
Sub-par is the reason our region is still in the same situation. If this region puts out anything less than "pretty fucking good" people won't notice or care. It doesn't have to be flashy, but it does need to be quality. Either that, or you guys can do one and then I'll do one or some shit, if it ever works out...I'm not tryin to stay in the NW after I graduate. Too many people who say they want to work and be productive but don't do shit. I can't fuck with people like that.
Sounds like a problem with the people you're surrounding yourself with. Don't hang out with people that smoke weed and drink every day, and then wonder why they aren't about shit and don't care about lifting themselves up and doing better.

If ANYONE can take "alright"/"sub-par" and turn it into "pretty damn good, but not perfect", it should be SOMEONE WHO HAS TAKEN COLLEGE-LEVEL VIDEO EDITING CLASSES. If you can't do this.....it is YOU who is a fuck-up.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Dirty Shoez said:
Sounds like a problem with the people you're surrounding yourself with. Don't hang out with people that smoke weed and drink every day, and then wonder why they aren't about shit and don't care about lifting themselves up and doing better.

If ANYONE can take "alright"/"sub-par" and turn it into "pretty damn good, but not perfect", it should be SOMEONE WHO HAS TAKEN COLLEGE-LEVEL VIDEO EDITING CLASSES. If you can't do this.....it is YOU who is a fuck-up.
I don't kick it with people that drink everyday. Do you ever just shut the fuck up about things you DON'T KNOW ABOUT?

And you can't make shitty quality=good quality by editing it. There's no way to fix crappy camera quality all the way...You can tweak it as much as you want but it will NEVER look right. And believe me Tadou, I've been doing editing. I just don't toot my own horn as much as people might like to think. :confused:

Dirty Shoez said:
Still got that short attention span going, I see :rolleyes:
Ah yes, the ONE time. I'm sorry but if someone says something that is intelligent and that I agree with, I may from time to time say that they are correct because there are people like you who don't seem to understand.

You notice none of those DVDs did shit right? If you give people great quality for a good price ($10-15), they'll like it more than shit quality for $10-15.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Sixxness said:
I don't kick it with people that drink everyday. Do you ever just shut the fuck up about things you DON'T KNOW ABOUT?

And you can't make shitty quality=good quality by editing it. There's no way to fix crappy camera quality all the way...You can tweak it as much as you want but it will NEVER look right. And believe me Tadou, I've been doing editing. I just don't toot my own horn as much as people might like to think. :confused:
You sound like you're about to cry. The point stands. Don't shun nerds and geeks and people like these, and hang out with only "cool" people that party every weekend and chase women.....and then wonder why they aren't about shit and don't give a fuck about the things you're interested in like VIDEO ENGINEERING.

SHITTY QUALITY would be S-VHS or a VHS Camcorder or some crap like that. Don't you even TRY sitting here, trying to bullshit a bullshitter. I KNOW, HAVE RECORDED WITH, HAVE UPLOADED Hi8 footage....it is NOT 'shitty'. Digi8 and MiniDV are GOOD QUALITY. Again...do NOT try to show-out here and talk shit and impress people, because I WILL expose your fraudulence. Do NOT try and sit here like you are the only person on this board who has ever edited video footage.

Ah yes, the ONE time. I'm sorry but if someone says something that is intelligent and that I agree with, I may from time to time say that they are correct because there are people like you who don't seem to understand.
Not only 'one time'....one time IN THIS THREAD.

"You bitch!!"
"Why you calling me a bitch?"
**shocked** "When did I ever call you a bitch?"
....."5 seconds ago, champion!!!"

It's funny. You rail on people for using Religion as a crutch, but every time I make a solid point that you can't argue, what do YOU turn around and use? The "You don't know what you're talking about" crutch.....EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It makes me wonder what the fuck you're even doing in college, if you're not learning how to think independently and argue for yourself, instead of just regurgitating what such-and-such textbook and professor taught you. I swear Ryan, if you continue like this you're going to be a sycophant for the rest of your life.

You notice none of those DVDs did shit right? If you give people great quality for a good price ($10-15), they'll like it more than shit quality for $10-15.
Remind me when I should give a fuck.

The ideas being outlined in this thread are SOLID. The fact that you can't even argue them is the proof of that. You're sitting here arguing shit that flat-out does not matter.

YOU HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE.

Apr 14, 2003
both of yall sound like a bickering ass couple thats been together for 50 years. Sixxness you gotta start givin up the ass more often, keep both of yall happy.

Apr 25, 2002
It's none of my business, but it is so god damn annoying seeing all this stupid fighting going on and on and on. My whole thing is, we're all strangers, we don't know each other, what is bringing all of us together? MUSIC

So that means there are two types of people, people who MAKE the music that brings us together, and people who LISTEN to the music that brings us together.

Think about that, I don't even read all of you threes stupid ass bickerings b/c I don't give a fuck, to me it's two guys who have given me absolutely nothing and one guy who's given me 10 albums in 8 years, so who am I naturally going to hold in higher esteem???

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Sixxness said:
You're worthless.
And you're completely impotent, and incapable of arguing about the Music Business or NW DVDs. WHY? Because you don't really know shit about either. You're just a loud-mouthed motherfucker that goes around co-signing other people because you don't have any of your own ideas, and even when you do piggyback other peoples' ideas, you don't have the backbone to put up a good fight. You're always giving up, every single time, because you're a quitter.

@To Whom it May Concern

Look around. The people are excited about this DVD idea. Now.....WHO is shitting on the idea and saying its not possible, and WHO is the one that is trying to bring out the new ideas and ways to make it happen?

Think about that before you go yapping about people "fighting" and all this other shit. This shit is really getting old, when I am the one who is doing the RIGHT THING, and yet I get lumped in with all the trouble-makers.

This thread is side-tracked for one reason and one reason only:

TROUBLE-MAKERS AND SHIT-TALKERS ARE INCAPABLE OF TALKING ABOUT HOW TO MAKE THESE DVDS HAPPEN, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE FANS. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY AND BEING FAMOUS.

Jan 28, 2005
Organization is a must and proper funds to handle the film crew, trademarks and copyrights, distribution and so on. I don't even know what kinda name we would call the DVD and if people wouldn't just think its a rip-off Smack DVD. But I definately would fund it if people had a decent plan and formula to carry it out.

Apr 2, 2006
DirtyShoez you said the stupidest things you have ever said, and you say some stupid stuff. You came up with the idea for NWRap.com back in 2004? Really? Well that don't mean nothing. Why did you not create the actual website, cause you all shine and no substance. You all talk and no action. All that matters is the person that goes out and does it. Bill Gates did not invent Ms-Dos, Steve Jobs did. But he bought it off him and created a company out of it. So if you ask anybody who created Ms-Dos they will say Bill Gates, because he was the one that made the money off of it. If D-Sane creates the site, do you think anybody will care that you created it 3 years earlier, but did nothing about it because you spend all your time on rap boards.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
This is a thread about Unity and bringing people together, not insulting and calling people out. But since YOU insist.....

I do not care who's site is up first. What I do on these rap boards, or MySpace, or any other site is inconsequential. My site will be up when it is up, and when it is, you and many others will be suckling my balls and begging me to include you. That is just the way it will be. My ideas are superior, and I will keep the focus on what the PEOPLE want....NOT just what *ME* and my "folks" want.

As far as who created what first, do a simple Whois search on NorthWestRap.com and check the date. Then check the date on the other site. The bottom line is that YOU CANNOT TELL ME I STOLE SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA/NAME. -- I know you will have a problem understanding that, because you like so many on this board operate solely in Survival/Street mode, and don't quite understand what it means to think and plot and plan ahead of time.

That all having been said, as far as this NorthWest Rap game is concerned, I have more substance in my pinky than you have in your whole body, and that much is just real. Do not even attempt to challenge me. It will end bad for you.

NOX

Sicc OG
Nov 26, 2004
Dirty Shoez said:
My site will be up when it is up, and when it is, you and many others will be suckling my balls and begging me to include you. That is just the way it will be. My ideas are superior, and I will keep the focus on what the PEOPLE want....NOT just what *ME* and my "folks" want.

As far as who created what first, do a simple Whois search on NorthWestRap.com and check the date. Then check the date on the other site. The bottom line is that YOU CANNOT TELL ME I STOLE SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA/NAME. -- I know you will have a problem understanding that, because you like so many on this board operate solely in Survival/Street mode, and don't quite understand what it means to think and plot and plan ahead of time.

That all having been said, as far as this NorthWest Rap game is concerned, I have more substance in my pinky than you have in your whole body, and that much is just real. Do not even attempt to challenge me. It will end bad for you.
It really doesnt matter which one was created first, NorthwestRap.com isnt shit, its just a domain that has been parked for 3 years....And as for NWRAP.COM we doin this mofucka and shits off the hook, you will all see in a short amount of time why NWRAP.COM is gonna be the #1 source for Northwest Rap....

And we can even look at it another way since you like to claim you had it first....You've had it for 3 years and nothing to show for it.

NWRAP.COM not even a month and site is half way done bout to drop real soon..... So atleast we makin moves on this side, not just talkin bout it

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Have fun. Good luck. I am not here to shit talk your site. I spend 15 minutes typing that 5 minute reply, because I kept re-wording things to sound like I wasn't attacking anyone.

I am not even going to bother with the trash-talking like you are. What i have to "show" for the last 3 years will speak for itself. You are of no concern to me.

Apr 6, 2006
Damn. Why when mufuckas wanna have a discussion, the shit goes far left, b? Come on in, sit and lets talk about ideas---then BAMMM let me shit on the next dude!

Shit is faggoty.

Hard work and preparation all speak for itself. Shoez, I know you wont let shit be seen without completion, but make the wait worth it, homie.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Edit...

I was being rude..But I decided to change it....If anyone has somethin they wanna say to me then PM me....

Jul 12, 2002
Ok, I'm pretty sure everybody has a general idea of things that need to happen/change in the NW to improve the scene and gain recognition. So let's quit beating the dead horse with these fucking threads and make some shit happen. It's seriously the same topic over and over and over and I know I'm not the only one tired of it. Start grindin, and come back when you got something going!

Dec 11, 2002
DJ Coma said:
Ok, I'm pretty sure everybody has a general idea of things that need to happen/change in the NW to improve the scene and gain recognition. So let's quit beating the dead horse with these fucking threads and make some shit happen. It's seriously the same topic over and over and over and I know I'm not the only one tired of it. Start grindin, and come back when you got something going!

For real... bring back some good news y'all....

I'm hoping to have an update for you soon as well.. :)