THE MPC KILLER???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
i wouldnt put my money into anything that is named the MPC Killer.....because we all know its not gonna live up to the name.

if anything its gonna be an exact clone of the MPC but with a different color scheme........if its cheaper alot of cats will buy it because mpc's are expensive

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
THA RIPPA said:
you actually know your shit......so im curious as to why you say that? if you have time, please let me know why your opinion is as it is
probably because 90% of people who own an mpc do so because thats what everybody uses. the name sells, not the features, becuase if it relied solely on tech specs it would sit on a shelf collecting dust. a fully loaded mpc 2000 shouldnt sell for more than 6 to 800 at the most but ive seen them for over 2 gs. thats ridiculous. if someones actually looking at specs then they would probably realize that a pc would do the job just fine. i aint knockin the mpc itself because the machine is good at what it does. but the "what it does per dollar" ratio is horrible at best. for the price of those machines you should have access to every akai format sample cd for free!!!!

Jun 1, 2002
^^^^^
I am feelin you on that. I bought a new MPC a few months back and then a homie gave me Reason. I hardly touch my MPC now. Had I know Reason was going to be the shit I would have saved $1,600. I got the MPC because I had owned one before and loved it. Oh well I have it if I need it.

Aug 12, 2002
SGC~CEO said:
real chop, there aint a thang an MPC can do that a desktop computer can't.......
It's interesting how much opinion can change in a year's time. If a census was taken last year, it would have been overwhelmingly in favor of the MPC...

Slowly, eyes have been opening...

-=bumpus=-

Jan 24, 2003
what up this is kevski, for my use the mpc is still king, im not used to sitting in front of a monitor to compose music, nothin wrong with it at all but its still about what i hear not see,also i dont have to buy a midi interface,deal with clock delays,crashes and other stuff,yeah the mpc is getting old but so are pianos,guitars
and a whole lotta shit people been using for years, also i like the sound of the mpc over any other sampler on the market

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
bumpus said:
It's interesting how much opinion can change in a year's time. If a census was taken last year, it would have been overwhelmingly in favor of the MPC...

Slowly, eyes have been opening...

-=bumpus=-
i used to want an MPC (back in 2000/2001) but only for the fact that it wuz "industry standard" but then when i bought my new computer and set it up with all this software, i realized i really don't need it........ but lets say i actually did buy one.... then it's thank god for eBay...... because $2000 IS a joke for a broke person like me to be paying for that, brand new if u ask me.... i think your paying $800 for the system itself, but another $1200 for the name or somethin....