The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Crazy how Kobe managed to make it to 7 finals and win 5 of them while being a horrible teammate and hurting his squad more then he actually helped them. Can you imagine if he was more about the team he might have won 8 or 9 titles and made it to 10 finals. lmao you cats are hella funny!

Also to all the arm chair Gm's in this thread, while the players and coaches are to blame they're the least of the Lakers problems. Jimbo is the main reason why the lakers are in the situation they're currently in. Dr. Buss never let shit get out of hand like this, he always made the smart business move. Jimbo is a fucken retard, he's the same idiot that refused to trade Andrew Bynum for Carmelo Anthony, the same idiot who has hired two separate coaches after Phil without even running it by his main star Kobe. Kobe campaigned for Brian Shaw aka Phil Jackson's under study yet Shaw didn't even get an interview. Jimbo clearly wants to make his own mark on this team so he wiped out the old regime and is doing things his way.

With that said I'll leave you with this quote from simmons that I think is right on the money unfortunately.

Zach, I will leave you with this: If we've learned anything from professional sports over the years, it's that nobody can inflict more damage on a franchise than an incompetent owner. Just look at how the Maloofs destroyed basketball in Sacramento, or what James Dolan did to the Ewing era, or what Donald Sterling did for his first 25 years with the Clippers. There's a really good chance that Jimmy Buss might be THAT bad. And if that's the case, I guarantee Kobe is already coming up with an exit plan. We will see.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
How many titles did that most dominant center of this era win before teaming up with Kobe?? How many titles did those two 7 footers and great scorer win before teaming up with Kobe and or after leaving Kobe?

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Lakers Vs. Grizzlies:

Did L.A. Hit Rock Bottom in 106-93 Loss?

Earlier in the 2012-13 NBA season Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni spoke of a "gut check" moment as being a potential catalyst for turning things around for the struggling team.But after stumbling to a 17-25 record through half the season, that moment never came, and things keep getting worse for the walking reality show. That all leads to the question: Have the Lakers finally hit rock bottom?

The 106-93 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday wasn't on its own merit a reason to think this way, but the sequence of events surrounding the game and*howthey lost both warrant further exploration.Hustle statsThere's a lot to be learned about the state of a team from the "hustle stats", and as one could imagine, the box score wasn't kind in that respect to Los Angeles.

The Lakers gave up 16 offensive rebounds that resulted in an incredible 27 second chance points.They also gave up a whopping 60 points in the paint. That's not a typo.Beyond the box score, they consistently lost 50-50 balls and looked lackadaisical on both ends of the floor. It was body language and effort that viewers would expect from a 17-25 team. Sadly, that's been the story with these Lakers all season long.

The infamous shootaround meeting

Reports from Memphis on the day of the game were that the Lakers had a team meeting that included heated exchanges between players. Most notably,*Kobe Bryant*reportedly called out*Dwight Howard, and Howard didn't bite back.
Though*the exchange*didn't result in any long-lasting bad blood, it's indicative of the dismal state of the team. D'Antoni summed it up best."You never want those kinds of meetings because it means we're in trouble a little bit. That doesn't happen when you're 40-1," he said. "It needed to be said, it needed to happen, and now it's up to us to make positive stuff out of it."Unfortunately, things got even worse afterward.

The lone silver lining in all of this sea of horror around Hollywood used to be the fact that Dwight Howard would probably stick around after the season and be the Lakers' face of the franchise in the post-Kobe era.That's now out the window as he's clearly not happy --and he's hurt, maybe more seriously than anyone's let on.He reinjured his troubled right shoulder in the second quarter. That means that his trade value is declining with every setback. He's damaged goods now with his ailing back still recovering from surgery less than a year ago, and that doesn't bode well for the Lakers to get any sort of value for a player who's free to talk away for nothing this summer.

.Is this really rock bottom for L.A.?

Kobe Bryant*was asked whether he thought it was the worst season he's been through in his career."Certainly getting there," said Bryant. "That Rudy T. one was a pretty hard one."At this point, it's time to sit and watch the sinking ship and see what changes come of this. Things won't get any easier for the Lakers as they return home to face theUtah Jazz*and*Oklahoma City Thunder*in their next two games.

It's hard to imagine things getting worse.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2009
And how many titles has kobe won without those 7 footers?? It goes both ways... And trading melo for bynum might not have been a good move cuz him and kobe woulda clashed... There's only 1 ball and they both cant take hella shots... It didn't work with melo and a.i. And it damn sure wouldn't work with melo and kobe...

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
makes no sense i see 8 rings in between these 5, they have to a beat someone. que no? also they have won a few games this season
hey breh, just because i hate the lakers doesn't mean i necessarily agree with what's being said on the picture, i just saw someone like it on facebook and so i posted it here for entertainment purposes

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 12, 2006
Mike Trudell ‏ L @lakers Reporter
Dwight Howard has been cleared to play after tests showed no further damage to his right shoulder.
It's a good thing he's healthy but if the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs they need to shut down Howard for the rest of the season. No need for him to cause further injury, but knowing dwight he's probably going to risk it anyway and go all out for his squad. Props Dwight!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
kobe has one title, really, out of five.

three were on shaq's back, and one was because perk sat game seven.

I.J.S.

lol:dead:.

same could be said for jordan,1 he ended up winning cuz magic pulled his leg and had to sit the finals!..so wuts the difference from magic and perk?...according to how u put it,then really jordan really only has 5 right..not to mention all the other ones he won with pippen and grant helping him most of the time,so then really mike has none,the way u put it,right?!...gtfo!

i.j.s :knockout:

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Says the guy who went ghost after the thunder got raped by the heat last season.

By the way just for entertainment purposes who is...

The greatest Laker?

Greatest scorer?

Kobe in my opinion is the greatest laker ever but like always Lakers>Kobe so I'am a fan of all Lakers not just Kobe.

its whoevers bronze statue that sits outside of staples center,..take ur pick!

ill help u out,....MAGIC!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
“What he (Bryant) has accomplished with this team, I don’t think there’s any question in my mind at this point in time – because of him being with this team for his whole career – that he has been the greatest Laker player.” - Jerry West aka the logo

His opinon>yours

hes only saying that cuz he signed and brought kobe in,so hes letting it be known that hes taking credit for it,...regardless,...MAGIC is the best laker,..he was so all around,just like kobe can be yes,..but kobe never played center,,magic did also sometimes,..he just had a more all around game and magic wasnt a ball hog,...and he would dunk on ur ass something vicious if u asked for it!..plus magic knew wut it was like and wut it took to be in hollywood and he took the game and entertained to a whole different level..if kareem didnt have a guy like magic serving him the ball,i dought kareem becomes the all time scoring leader!......real spit

magic in his prime>kobe in his prime!!!.....get real!

Last edited:

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
they should just fire d antoni and take the loss,..promote and bring bernie bickerstaff back and just let them start running again like they were under him,..they were 4-1 with bernie,..i mean fuck it how bad can it get,.might as well go back to wutever was working the best to begin with,..fuck it!...plus bernie was there while phil was there so im sure he knows sum shit like shaw does too! it was evident!

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
same could be said for jordan,1 he ended up winning cuz magic pulled his leg and had to sit the finals!..so wuts the difference from magic and perk?...according to how u put it,then really jordan really only has 5 right..not to mention all the other ones he won with pippen and grant helping him most of the time,so then really mike has none,the way u put it,right?!...gtfo!

i.j.s :knockout:
I was just trying to get a reaction out of iron lungs bro

it didn't work lol

lol at horace fucking grant being the difference maker, coulda damn near put anyone in at his position. not to take away from grant but come on now. pippen and rodman, yes, I see your point (even tho I was trolling). horace grant? who is next, bill wenington? luc longley? jordan couldn't have done it without them two either? lol shieeeeeet