"The Light" from new Big Tone album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
Just heard this song and it got me thinking.."Big Tone and all the East Co Co artists should unite to make muzik"..i mean..im sure thats how Woodie would've wanted to be like...Not to mention Megans voice on those new beats sounds hella refreshing...,,!

Jan 29, 2005
I mean these people really got a sort of magick when they're "chemistry" is flowin..Obviously B Dawg and Lou e Lou are still making muzik with Big Tone even Megan. All they need is X.O. ( whos locked up unfortunately) and Shadow..but last i read there was some sort of "fallin out"..So it may never happen. But honestly, Shadow would make it somewhat complete. Its like, Shadows rhymes and Big Tones beats compliment each other so well (musically)..At least do it for Woodie (RIP)..they need to keep it tight like when they were in their youth to keep the music thing they got going because they have fans WORLDWIDE......just my take on it...I wish them all the best since i'm from their generation as well and have been following their muzik since 2000 and am grateful 4 it......peace

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Its like, Shadows rhymes and Big Tones beats compliment each other so well (musically)...
Big Tone is making those beats??
If that's the case Im riding with him all the way. Cuz that shit BUMPS

He's on some Ant Banks, Dr. Dre, Tony G, E-A-SKi shit. An artist's rapping/verbal contribution is far outweighed by his musical/sound contribution.

Big Tone's going at someone on "Game Goof". Hopefully not shadow.

"At least do it for Woodie (RIP)..." -shinnbone----HELL FUCKIN YES. No got damn excuses. DO IT FOR WOODIE WOOD!!! Got dammit.

Jan 29, 2005
Big Tone is making those beats??
If that's the case Im riding with him all the way. Cuz that shit BUMPS

He's on some Ant Banks, Dr. Dre, Tony G, E-A-SKi shit. An artist's rapping/verbal contribution is far outweighed by his musical/sound contribution.

Big Tone's going at someone on "Game Goof". Hopefully not shadow.

"At least do it for Woodie (RIP)..." -shinnbone----HELL FUCKIN YES. No got damn excuses. DO IT FOR WOODIE WOOD!!! Got dammit.
Cant confirm he produced..I wouldn't think he was referring to Shadow in that song im sure they still have a kind of "respect" for each other..Plus they're older now and its probably more on the business side i would guess..

Jan 29, 2005
From what I read between the lines, I'm sure they had some type of falling out. Nothing new though, look at the dudes who used to collab with Big Tone (Lil Dee, Chino Montana, Davina, Cuddy, Kev Knocks etc), compared to now...
Not to disrespect but its ironic how Megan, B-Dawg and Lou-e-Lou came through on this new album of his...considering these were all Woodies close homiez...It would be dope if Shadow came through cuz that right there is all thats needed imho...The beats aint so bad either...Its not Woodie production or Kev Knocks but its kew..

Jan 29, 2005
Kev Knocks beats and all original East Co Co artists are all thats really needed to keep that original Woodie sound alive...so to speak..That type of sound and their rhymes are timeless..All them artists on Woodie beats are still classics til this day.
Yet, theres still tight producers in Northern Cali that got the beats down similar to the sound Woodie pioneered..