The Green Zone

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I just got home from watching this at the theaters and have to say this is a great movie! I won't go into any detail since it's so new, but I highly recommend that all you folks go see it. If you are into seeing examples of dirty, filthy political schemes, then you will like this film. Even though it's a action flick it shows how the media just feeds us bullshit lies during wars. What's sad is the average blinded dumbass American believes all the shit they see on CNN News, etc. I'm curious to see if you all will enjoy it as much as I did.

Feb 5, 2006
I just got home from watching this at the theaters and have to say this is a great movie! I won't go into any detail since it's so new, but I highly recommend that all you folks go see it. If you are into seeing examples of dirty, filthy political schemes, then you will like this film. Even though it's a action flick it shows how the media just feeds us bullshit lies during wars. What's sad is the average blinded dumbass American believes all the shit they see on CNN News, etc. I'm curious to see if you all will enjoy it as much as I did.
From the trailer it felt to me like a 4th Bourne Identity lol Did they do anything different 2 separate the two?

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009

Some good actors in it that guy that plays the arab in the trailer played saddam hussien in the HBO series, house of saddam.

I will be watching this when it comes out in the cinema down here

Jan 27, 2010
Mat Damon's movie 'Green Zone' a big failure.

Matt Damon's new action thriller "Green Zone" -- set in the early years of the Iraq War -- made anything but green over the past weekend.

"Green Zone" had an estimated budget of $100 million and has made an estimated $16 million to date. At this rate, it's difficult to envision any scenario where "Green Zone" can recoup its investment. Even if overseas earnings are taken into consideration -- believe it or not, foreign markets are not clamoring to see an American account of the war in Iraq -- the film has still only grossed $26.5 million.

Damon and director Paul Greengrass made two very successful past projects together: "The Bourne Supremacy" (Greengrass took over directing duties from "The Bourne Identity" director Doug Liman) and "The Bourne Ultimatum." It was reported in The New York Times that the only reason "Green Zone" was green-lighted (pardon the pun) by Universal Pictures in the first place was to woo Greengrass back to direct a fourth Bourne film. In November, Greengrass stated that he decided not to return for another Bourne film, and just last week Damon said that he will also not be making a fourth film.

It was a risky bet for Universal, and it's one they may have lost. The film that the studio got stuck with is of a genre that historically has performed quite poorly at the box-office: films about the war in Iraq. "Green Zone" certainly is not bucking that trend.

"The Hurt Locker" recently won the Academy Award for best picture. However, this did not help "Locker" at the box office: So far, the Oscar-winning film has made only $21.3 million. Other Iraq War-themed films have not fared much better, and sometimes quite often, worse, including: "In the Valley of Elah" ($6.7 million), "Body of Lies" ($39 million), "Grace Is Gone" (under $1 million), "The Kingdom" ($47 million), "The Messenger" ($1 million), and "Stop-Loss" ($10.6 million).

What does this mean for Damon's career? Probably very little. "Green Zone" had been sitting on the shelf for two years, and Damon -- one of the biggest stars in Hollywood -- has more than moved on, earning an Academy Award nomination this year for "Invictus" and currently filming the Coen brothers' western "True Grit." Greengrass is currently in preproduction for the Vietnam War-set film "They Marched Into Sunlight."

source: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-matt-damon-green-zone.html

I'll like his Bourne movies but this time I think I'll skip this one.

Apr 25, 2002
Good book. Heavy on fact kinda light on narative - could be a good book to be used in a college history class. I liked it more than most probably because I went to UW where half of the story takes place.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I forgot all about this, just saw it now, really enjoyed the movie.

It does have some truth in it for example how the world was decieved to go to war in iraq and some other things.

8/10