The Great Geek Debate!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

The Great Geek Debate

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
Star Trek vs. Star Wars

To the casual observer, Star Trek and Star Wars look a lot alike, beyond the obvious similarity between their names. Each has a lot of spaceships, strange worlds, ray guns, and aliens, many of whom look startlingly like humans with prosthetics and makeup. But of course geeks are not casual observers, and we know just how different they are.

So, in the finest tradition of completely unnecessary geeky arguments, let’s create a preposterous hypothetical situation that requires you to choose between the two: Suppose you were adrift in space after your spaceship’s engines died, and while you’re waiting for your rescuers to find you, you wanted to watch a movie. Suppose, further, that the only two videos available were your favorite Star Trek movie and your favorite Star Wars movie (whichever ones those happen to be), but your video player has only enough power left for you to watch one of them. Which one would you choose?

May 15, 2009
i was watchin' the next gerneration last night...man i don't know it's a tie but with captain' kirk's game i think he tips the scale 4 me

if any of you haven't watched the old school star trek that's where the fine bitches are and where kirk pimps the shit outta any situation real talk

on a side not check out the episode "space seed" for some real pimp game by Khan!!! real chop on this shit

and to answer the ques. probably star wars return of the jedi

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
If we're battling most recent films: Star Trek beats Revenge of the Sith.
If we're talking overall world: Star Wars beats any retarded ass borg or klingon.

Overall: Star Wars

May 15, 2009
one thing people don't know is the jedi mind trick don't work on Kirk, kirk would smash on luke lol that almighty over hand right of his would knock anybody the fuck out

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Star Wars hands down!!!
I don't have a "favorite" Star Trek movie because Star Trek fucking blows. I'd rather be thrown into the sarlacc pit until I was slowly and completely digested than watch 4 seconds of Star Trek.

Feb 9, 2003
The part in Star Wars IV: A New Hope where Luke is doing the run to get his proton torpedo into the Death Star and is being trailed by a TIE fighter and Darth Vader is classic. Slowly Red Squadron is being picked apart, piece by piece. Red leader dead. Wedge forced to abandon his position. And then Luke doing losing R2D2 and having to rely on The Force to make his one in a million shot....the fate of the galaxy depending on him.

And then Vader targets Luke and before he is able to get his shot

"Yeah hoo! You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han "The Man' Solo.

That's right. Most iconic scene. Ever!

Mar 18, 2003
2-0-Sixx is having flashbacks to his GOM Star Trek tirade/revolt against the mods. Too lazy to pull up threads but it's well worth the search.

Aug 16, 2003
DAMN this is a tought question...

VS

Star Wars might just win off of this alone lol

But in reality I gotta give it up to Star Trek. It set it off before Star Wars was even thought of. It was one of the few shows back in the day that had a racialy diverse cast and featured the 1st multi racial kiss on TV in history between Kirk and Uhura (sp)

Star Wars is dope but Star Trek helped change a nation lol