The Game gets into an altercation with his cousin at a family funeral

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 19, 2005
Violence Erupts between Game and Family Member at Cousin’s Funeral

Reports are circulating that bitterness over a broken promise erupted in violence as The Game and first cousin Robert “Kirky” Kirkwood fought at the funeral for Kirkwood’s sister on July 5. Kirkwood told tmz.com that The Game had promised to pay half of the $14,000 bill to bury his sister. According to Kirkwood, after making the promise, the Compton MC changed his phone number and deliberately began avoiding him.

After an unspecified time of no contact, The Game then showed up unexpectedly at the funeral, and Kirkwood became upset as the rapper spoke at the service about family values and kinship.

Outside he confronted Game about the unpaid debt, and Kirkwood alleges his cousin punched him in the face.

Kirkwood has since filed a police report, and the precinct has confirmed that the altercation was over money. An investigation is ongoing.

The Game is prepped to release his highly anticipated third LP entitled L.A.X. on August 26th , which he has hinted may be his last album.

Game's side of the story
http://traffickingmedia.com/index.php?id=755

after hearing game's side of the story i could sort of undestand what he's saying here.

source: http://www.rapgodfathers.com/news/1-lat ... s-funeral-

Apr 25, 2002
Just think if you had/ or were perceived to have millions upon millions of dollars...think about how many close homies and family members would hit you up for money constantly. I cant blame game at all. They didnt want the casket and flower money (probably most expensive part), and then just tripped on him.

Lose / lose situation.

Apr 28, 2003
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
i think there are other reasons behind that. i bet you game cousin got like a mixtape he thinks o'l sale 500billion and he seen that as a chance to get publicity....lmao. you kno its dummys out there like dat.

Nov 19, 2005
that nigga could have held that down 1400 racks to him at shit
Game said, he didn't feel like the money would be used for the funeral basically saying they tried to hustle game

dude came up to him like

"so whatsup with that cheese"

^I'd say he was just looking to snatch 14,000 or 17,000 whatever it was to play game