The Game - Doctor's Advocate

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

D-Con

Sicc OG
Feb 25, 2007
The Game making noise without Dr.Dre producing or 50 lacing the bitch up? Word. I don't know bout' y'all, but I was seriously doubting the kid, matter o fact I wouldn't even give em' the time of day. Yet somehow I got ahold of his album...and boom! Been bumping that shit ever since..

Lookin' At You - Wasn't impressed. Nice beat, but the chorus is ridiculous and it sounded like Game was biting Dr.Dre somethin' awful. He's even arrogant enough to say he's the "Messiah of Gangsta Rap". Nuff said. 2/5

Da Shit - Now this is what the fuck I'm talking bout'. Chorus is catchy, witty, not to mention gangsta. Lyrics are def. hot. "New school, old school mentality. Translation 4 pumps and 12 batteries" Solid track. 5/5

It's Okay [One Blood]- The first single off the album, and the most I could say for it is...It's decent. Chorus is WAY too fucking repetitive. I swear, I got high to this shit once, felt like a lifetime. Beat pounds though, and the lyrics are average. So..3.5/5

Compton - I know what'chu thinkin'..."Will.I.Am produced this??" Yup, and he even does part of the hook. After you get past that fact, you realize that it's colder than a mothafucka. Game lays' down verses that don't dissappoint. Even though I wish he'd turn his vocals up, it still gets a 5/5

Remedy - After hearing this, you'd think Jus Blaze jus fell off haha. Beat was trash, along with the hook. Even the verses couldn't do this track justice. 2/5

Let's Ride- Another banger. Def. got that West Coast feel to it. Sit back, get chinese-eyed or drunk and ride to dis. "Ain't nuttin' but a G thang, baby it's a G thang. Bounce like you got hydraulics in ya G string" haha. 5/5

Too Much - Two words... Scott Storch. Plus Game and Nate Dogg? Shiiit, how could dis go wrong? First of all, the beat is dat flame shit (kinda sounds like the X-Men theme song).
And Game lays' down some of his best lyrics, yet. "I'm a Blood. You can Crip if you want, just let it bump, like you got Scott Storch tied up in the trunk. I'm the ice cream truck man, gunz in the trunk man, drugs in the trunk man, call me da front man" 5/5

Wouldn't Get Far - Personally, I was feeling dis shit. Game bust on pretty much every bianca known, even Soopa Head and Hoops. Not a real big fan of that notorious sample-user (and this song is no exception) Kanye West, but he drop an ill verse on dis. "I got the scoop on Hoops, whatever the case. She'll let you spray in her face, long as she bath in apes" haha FLAVA FLAAAV!! 4/5

Scream On Em' - This shit, right here an anthem. Swizz Beatz kilt it, forreal on this one. The Game kinda seems like he trying to get at Lynch wit dis, too, but def. tryed to take a shot at Yukmouf (Iunno why doe, Yuk would kill em' imo). "And that's the reason why I'm shittin' on you niggas. Check me in the looney bin.. I'm sicker than you niggas" 5/5

One Night - I think everybody can relate to this shits. Beat is above average, but it wouldn't matter what beat was used..S'all bout his lyrics. And they ill. Here's a couple lines fo' ya.
"I thought'chu loved me nigga? Talk is cheap. Remember, the bullet holes in my son's carseat? My baby mama found four shells, I didn't get one "keep ya head up" all I got was "keep it real". Keep it REAL my niggas?.. Last year alone, I spend 1.5 mill on my niggas" 5/5

Doctor's Advocate- I'm sure Game caught alot of hate for this here, but imo he kept it real, so more power to em'. Chorus was solid. The Game stabbed himself in da heart witta pen, and bled on dis track. lol forreal. And Busta Rhymes justified it all at the end. 4.5/5

Ol' English - This is one of dem tracks where you run out an buy a QP and blaze the fuck up. Or get hella drunk, either way..It's layed back and REAL. Game talks bout' alot shit he went through and all..My favorite track on da bitch, so I gotta give it 5 outta 5.

California Vacation - The Game, Snoop Dogg, and Xzibit. Nuff Said? Nope. I thought they all layed down some weak verses, compared to all that shit they was talking. And imo, Snoop was dissin' Brotha Lynch with that "Especially when it come to dis Cally shit..And I ain't talking bout' hanging in da Valley, bitch" line. Since Lynch the self-proclaimed King of da Valley, or whatever. 2/5

Bang - Never listened to it much. But I'm sure it's dope. The hook and beat go together well. Game, Daz, & Kurropt layed down some shit that SOUNDED good, but I ain't sure. Wasn't paying attention. 3.5/5

Around the World - Sounded like a filler to me. Jaime Fox didn't add nothing imparticular. Game spit some bubble gum type shit. Plus the beat was lame. 2/5

Why You Hate The Game - Good outro. Gives props to all the people that started this shit. Nas spit some ILL rhymes, fosho. And Game did decent enough. 4/5

D-Con

Sicc OG
Feb 25, 2007
I just read Brotha Lynch's biography, and it says he's doing a supergroup with Snoop Dogg, so you can throw that beef shit out da window. lol I'm always quick to say somebody beefin' wit somebody.

Mar 13, 2003
I think he rated the album proper!
Never gave up on Game tho! Although most ppl dont like him, they got to admit that dude has lyrical talent. Better than most of the other bullshit out!

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
D-Con said:
California Vacation - The Game, Snoop Dogg, and Xzibit. Nuff Said? Nope. I thought they all layed down some weak verses, compared to all that shit they was talking. And imo, Snoop was dissin' Brotha Lynch with that "Especially when it come to dis Cally shit..And I ain't talking bout' hanging in da Valley, bitch" line. Since Lynch the self-proclaimed King of da Valley, or whatever. 2/5
I think Snoop is referring to the San Fernando Valley in that line, not the Central Valley.

May 10, 2002
This album was cool, but to me wasn't a hit...

it had a few highlights, but it probably got 3 full rotations from me and I have no reason to listen to it again...

Jan 18, 2006
complete my ass, i liked 8 tracks which is pretty good these days but it was a 3 outta 5 at best. He definitely could have used some Dre production cuz the album is kinda lacking.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
THE GAME - DOCTOR'S ADVOCATE 9.0

The Industry has put the crown on The Game’s head as the new King of the West Coast, but I say hold up a minute! The Game’s album Doctor’s Advocate is everything we thought it would be (A Platinum Plus album) and everything we didn’t think it could be (Successful without any Dr. Dre or 50 Cent assistance). But his broken relationship with Dr. Dre and Aftermath seems to be all that’s on The Game’s mind on this album. Plus the most important thing to me is loyalty to your soil, and if you represent the West Coast, how can you not have a Northern California artist on your album? That’s why Tupac will never be replaced, he was the only Rapper to unite Northern and Southern California. Especially since Nor Cal supported Game so much, JT The Bigga Figga started his hype and spread his name all over, gave the name ‘The Game’ value out here.
Doctor’s Advocate will go down as a classic West Coast album cause of tracks like Da Sh#t, Compton, and the huge hit It’s Okay (One Blood). The Game is right, we need a Blood and a Crip at the top out here on the West, not since DJ Quik has a Blood been this successful in Rap. Bloods in the Rap Game and the city of Compton are shining right now, thanks to The Game. The track Wouldn’t Get Far is funny, it features Kanye West, in the song The Game calls out a famous Model that everyone loves right now. The title track Doctor’s Advocate with Busta Rhymes was one of my favorites, The Game really opens up about Dr. Dre and Aftermath. I respect him for that, but he refers to it too many times on the album, I think a phone call would have done the trick.
The music on this album sound very Dr. Dre-ish, or should I say West Coast. Thanks to some of the Industry’s best Scott Storch, DJ Khalil, Will.I.Am, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Swizz Beatz, Kanye West, Mr. Porter, Jelly Roll and a few others. The Game doesn’t disappoint at all on this album lyrically. The West Coast can hold its head up high with tracks like Too Much featuring Nate Dogg, Bang featuring Daz & Kurupt, and California Vacation featuring Snoop Dogg and Xzibit. Other guests include Nas, Jamie Foxx and the Bay Area Highlite Mac Minister on the intro. The Game can hold the Crown for now but don’t get used to it unless you win over the Bay Area!

Dec 7, 2005
Mr Ceza said:
The Game is right, we need a Blood and a Crip at the top out here on the West, not since DJ Quik has a Blood been this successful in Rap. Bloods in the Rap Game and the city of Compton are shining right now, thanks to The Game
Game aint no real blood, he's a studio "gangsta"

Apr 13, 2007
www.myspace.com
ol' english was my fav. too n its chiiiilll. i liked bumping lets ride for a while.

any1 kno where the album the song hard liquer is from? its a hella tightass song n it says its from the docs advocate but it aint there. i got it from LW