the DEFINITIVE Tech re-make thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2006
Dont 4get in Caribou Lou the line from Ferris Buellers Day off: "Hey batter, batter, batter, batter swing batter he can hit he can it he can hit swing batter"

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
i bored crusie through old threads
I know this is an old thead but i have one.

Tech N9ne - It's Alive
-But the heart of Kansas City is beatin........

Huey lewis and the News-The heat of rock n roll
-The heart of Rock n Roll is still beatin........

NOTE: they say it the exact same way.. im pretty sure it was an influence.
i love 80's music

Dec 14, 2005
K3status said:
Dont 4get in Caribou Lou the line from Ferris Buellers Day off: "Hey batter, batter, batter, batter swing batter he can hit he can it he can hit swing batter"
oh shit i never even noticed that one....good shit

Jan 17, 2007
I know tech has pulled some lines from sir-mix-alot, i just cant put my fingers on it

and imma tell hook is from some movie

and i heard that call girl hook and beat in the movie beverly hills cop 2 when they were in the strip club... but i didn't catch it

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Was searching for this thread to add a note, and while doing do, read QUICK-NESS- note the same thing in another thread. The Ragtop/Rag Lucci track "Kansas City" definitely had 2Pac & Dre's "California Love" in mind during writing & recording.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Was searching for this thread to add a note, and while doing do, read QUICK-NESS- note the same thing in another thread. The Ragtop/Rag Lucci track "Kansas City" definitely had 2Pac & Dre's "California Love" in mind during writing & recording.
haha...talking to Volrox this minute and told him I was going to add to this thread and he mentioned someone beat me to posting here.

if someone wants to post the lyrics (I can...i just don't want to at the moment... :) ) to the Rag Lucci track I'll add it to the first post

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Tech N9ne on Kansas City said:
Mind on mail, fresh out of hell, Kansas City dreamin'
Soon as I step on the scene, I'm seeing niggas beamin'
Stealing your hunnies, we fuckin' y'all, the life of a Midwest playa
and cowards die when we all brawl
In K.C.K. you fuck around with Deuce Seven lookin' to die
compared to:

2Pac on California Love said:
Out on bail fresh out of jail, California dreamin
Soon as I step on the scene, I'm hearin hoochies screamin
Fiendin for money and alcohol, the life of a Westside player
where cowards die, and the strong ball
Only in Cali where we riot not rally to live and die
That seems to be where the comparison is strongest. The rest of the verse might have some similarities, but I think that is where it kind of tails off.