The Curse Of 106 & Park Freestyle Friday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
Is it me or is Freestyle Friday on 106 & Park like the Bermuda Triangle....Niggas go there but you never see or hear from 'em ever again

Oct 6, 2008
Is it me or is Freestyle Friday on 106 & Park like the Bermuda Triangle....Niggas go there but you never see or hear from 'em ever again
You might be on to something, but I can think of three.

Postaboy won, got a deal with Nelly, was on a Pete Rock album, then nothing..

Jin won, dropped an album, RETIRED, came back did some mixtapes, another album, then went in the underground battling circuit..

Lastly, Immortal Technique, lost to Postaboy (which was a crock of shit), went on to drop 2 volumes of "Revolutionary" and an album with Green Lantern, not to mention he's personally one of my favorite MC's of all time..

Can anyone else think of anymore?

Oct 6, 2008
SuN.Y he signed to Jermaine Dupri.

But Cali is right no winner career ever took off they usually drop a project or two and still remain bropke in a normal life.
I can see how you mean that they themselves did not achieve mainstream success on a show, where they "won" over the audience. Yeah, I have to agree with that, but I think Technique is the most successful and he "lost." Everybody that I know, knows who Immortal Technique is, even though he never hit number 1 on the countdown.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Freestyle Friday is lame. Everybody has the same old tired flow and punchlines. You can tell most of that shit is prewritten anyway...

Apr 7, 2004
It's a curse to get on any reality contest/battle on t.v... Freestyle friday,making the band etc.. I came to the conclusion nobody respects an artist that takes the t.v route to get on. There's no artist hustle/struggle to make it in that. The only people making music that get respect lost and thats locksmith(MTV battle)and Immortal. Cats actually know these two and see them going threw there day to day struggle to make it. At the same time them cats that won probably let that shit go to there head or signed contracts that basically wouldn't let them do shit.

Mar 9, 2003
Lastly, Immortal Technique, lost to Postaboy (which was a crock of shit), went on to drop 2 volumes of "Revolutionary" and an album with Green Lantern, not to mention he's personally one of my favorite MC's of all time..

Can anyone else think of anymore?
Technique tries to make big ass words rhyme to make him look like some kind of genius, no one wants to hear that bullshit on a freestyle battle.

May 10, 2002
The reason why you didn't hear anything from Posta Boy is because he had to battle cancer for a while I believe. He's tryin to get back though

Feb 8, 2003
Freestyle Friday is lame. Everybody has the same old tired flow and punchlines. You can tell most of that shit is prewritten anyway...
freestyling is played out period its about amking real songs now. all you see is broke ass regular niggas freestyling on digital cameras or on the block with funky ass breath.

Feb 8, 2003
Feb 8, 2003
Oct 6, 2008
Technique tries to make big ass words rhyme to make him look like some kind of genius, no one wants to hear that bullshit on a freestyle battle.
True, in a battle using big words can slow the momentum needed to win a battle. Regardless, whether it's a storytelling rhyme or a brutal battle rap, Technique delivers.

I always felt like immortal technique is highly over rated. His beats on his mxitapes be trash and boring.

Posta killed that nigga though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33jmi_immortal-technique-vs-posta-boy_music
Gambit, I know we have had a lot of difference of opinions. I know you know dope shit, but you really sleeping on Technique? Wow..

One line that is extremely memorable of Immortal Technique in a battle is one he had against Flow (you can Youtube it) where he says..

"You don't know the Technique, so don't tell lies/ I'll shoot your mom in the back and fuck the bullet hole til she dies..."

'Nuff said

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
And 22 years later Krs One's observation holds tru 2day....

Rap is like a setup a lot of games/a lot of suckas with colorful names
I'm so and so I'm this I'm that huh but they all just wick wick WACK
So let's us get back to what we called HIP-HOP and what it meant to DJ Scott LaRock....:cool:

Feb 8, 2003
Gambit, I know we have had a lot of difference of opinions. I know you know dope shit, but you really sleeping on Technique? Wow..

One line that is extremely memorable of Immortal Technique in a battle is one he had against Flow (you can Youtube it) where he says..

"You don't know the Technique, so don't tell lies/ I'll shoot your mom in the back and fuck the bullet hole til she dies..."

'Nuff said

I heard all immortal revolution mixtapes im not feeling his beats at all that did it for me.

Im just being real.