The Conduit for Wii

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Wow Mad World and now this? The WII looks like its gonna be boastin some impressive titles in tha near future.. And plus, it's a bout time that the WII got a good FPS on its hands.. This game sorta reminds me Halo, Doom, and Rainbow Six Vegas put into one.. heh

Oh yeah, the link you posted didnt work for me.. Well it worked, it's just for some reason my comp cant play videos from IGN.. So i peeped this video on youtube instead -

Is that tha same video thats on IGN??

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Nintendo Power's got the first review in with an 8/10.. I havent actually read the review myself but it has been confirmed and even listed on gamespot.com's list of reviews for The Conduit..

Here's also a preview on the multiplayer that IGN gave -
http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979932p1.html

Here's a quote to pretty much sum up the preview..

ign.com said:
Overall I was having a blast – I'll freely admit that I'm nowhere near as good at first-person shooters as most people, and by the time everyone else was up to speed on the game's controls I was having my ass handed to me on a platter. And going by the reaction in the room it seems that The Conduit is a hit with the FPS fanatics. This is easily one of the Wii's best titles of the year, and definitely a shining moment for hardcore gamers with a Wii in their possession.

i also found this interesting too.. its about the "Bounty Hunter Mode" that The Conduit offers.. :) -

The final game, Bounty Hunter, was a very unique mode with some interesting rules. In this option, it's everyone for themselves, but you'll only earn kills by taking down your defined target. Each person has a specific player as a target, noted by a yellow glow and a specific HUD call-out – if you gun down anyone else, you'll lose points. The problem is, you might be the target for someone else in the arena, and you have no on-screen indication of who that might be…other than by assuming that the person trying to gun you down is your own personal Bounty Hunter. You can take down your Bounty Hunter with no penalty – you don't get any points, but you won't have any taken away, either. Your target will shift to another player when your previous target gets gunned down
Maybe now the WII will start gettin the shooting games it deserves..

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
IGN gave it a 8.6

link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/996/996847p1.html

GamePro gave it a 3.5 outa 5
Nintendo Power gave it a 8/10

These are decent reveiws.. Tommarow im going to go buy a new WII controller, WII-Speak, and The Conduit :)

wasnt sure if the controls were gonna work out.. but

ign review said:
On a side note, you can fully tweak your button layout, too, even going so far as to assign motion controls to certain moves, but I happen to like the standard configuration HVS has come up with. You shoot with the B-trigger, jump with A button, crouch and lock-onto enemies with the nunchuk's buttons and can select between two guns with the D-Pad. With a quick flick of the nunchuk, you can toss grenades and if you thrust forward with the Wii remote, you'll knock enemies out with the butt of your gun. Normally I'd be against such gestural inclusions because they so often prove unreliable, but they work flawlessly every time in The Conduit and they allow for a more immersive combat experience, which is commendable.
i wonder if that nyko shot pistol will work for this.. :)

that reveiwer seemed like he was really impressed with the game.. the online seems fun as fuck.. anyone got a wii and is plannin on coppin this?

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
This game is awsome!! Finnaly a good FPS for the WII.. Hopefully the game will sale will (its been on a lot of peoples most anticipated lists for awhile now) and more developers will take the WII seriously in its potential to make good first person shooters...

The game reminds me off Halo, COD, and Half Life all in one.. The controls are great.. The all seeing eye is hella fun to use.. GO PICK THIS GAME UP IF YOU HAVE A WII!!!!

Apr 27, 2005
I'm digging the single player mode. I like it a lot. but WTF is up with multiplayer? ITS HELLA SLOW. Not even worth playing!!!! In single player mode you can adjust your run speed to 100 where its perfect. but in multiplayer its stuck at 80!

I'll stick to MOH 2 and COD: WAW to get my fps multiplayer fix on the Wii

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah singleplayer is fun.. and im havin fun wit' the multiplayer too.. I'm used to playing Gears Of War 2 and Red Faction so moveing that slow is not a problem.. I wish there was a sprint button tho...

All i know is this is defiantly a step in the right direction for FPS... And i dont see how u can even play COD: WAW on the WII, that game is so broken.. The controls and camera veiw are terrible and so are the graphics.. The Conduits graphics, by the way, are very impressive for the WII.