The Bay Will NEVER Blow Up...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2007
on geo that aint me, u niggaz got nothin to come at a nigga with so every month its a new picture tryin to expose a nigga sayin its me, step yo shit up u fag

Feb 16, 2007
just got at my nigga bo from grape, cuzz told me thats j'don from tha set , cuzz is a real one and in tha county right now fightin a case, u need to know wut tha fuc u postin cefore u goin round puttin up incriminatin shit on my niggaz on tha internet u fucin geek, matter fact if that shit show up on some evidence shit i'ma come thru and find yo lil ass probly livin in berkely somehwere and put a couple in yo ass

Jan 15, 2006
on geo said:
just got at my nigga bo from grape, cuzz told me thats j'don from tha set , cuzz is a real one and in tha county right now fightin a case, u need to know wut tha fuc u postin cefore u goin round puttin up incriminatin shit on my niggaz on tha internet u fucin geek, matter fact if that shit show up on some evidence shit i'ma come thru and find yo lil ass probly livin in berkely somehwere and put a couple in yo ass
right.............. you dont know him even tho he is suppose to be from the same neighbourhood as you and also lives in the same city you live in.. i almost believe you..

Feb 16, 2007
i dont know everybody from grape is u a dummy? tha set like 800 + deep, i aint gon lie a nigga dont know everybody , we got tha projects and tha one ways/sidestreets, how a nigga keep trac of all that....

i already holllared at whoever runnin his myspace bout this gay shit u pullin , cuzz need to take that shit down

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
C.M.P CEO said:
haha "the new bay" i almost forgot about that shit...lol wow thats amazing,sounds like a thing of the past now since that we got this hyphy thing going on...

how about the lack of venues for are artist to perform at?how do u feel about that. i see club 17 in oakland gettin alot of action lately.whats to happen when that shit gets shut down,i mean mingles is done for,i dont think theres many places in san jose any more,so whats next if u cant even perform in your own area?

why is it so expensive for a promoter to throw an event for a rap concert.and why is it that u only see bay shows at good venues when its like kmel or 94.9 sponsering it or sum shit...but with regards to rock and alternative its all good and they can perform anywhere,however theres usually more drugs and violence
Its really gonna take some work to find a way for new artist to perform in this area. Promoters really gotta build up their credibility before we get anything but shows sponsored by the radio.

Jun 6, 2006
dont wanna put all the pressure on you,but what are some ways that you think that promoters can do to help bring up their "credibility"?

theorytically speakin,if the venue in santa rosa/petaluma was to be halted from rap/hip hop performances,basically that would mean that we are screwed right? didnt kmel stop doin the summer jam aswell?

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
I don't mind at all. Its hard to find any convo that with meaning on this board anyway.

I look at it this way. IMO the most important people with those in the new bay blowing up, besides the artist are Street Cred CEO Chuck and Big Von. Chuck promoted the shows/parties and Big Von was diggin the music. I don't think at first I don't think they were radio parties, but Von and Mind Motion would spin at the parties. It just so happened that they felt the music so it also got on the radio, at least during the mix shows, and it kinda grew from there.

As to what I'm speaking about credibility, a promoter has to build it buy having parties without major violence happening. Then that name has a reputation for throwing cool hiphop parties among club owners and most likely will have established a relationship with whomever is running the club. The performances are the last thing to come, and I think are considered the most risky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Graham_(promoter)

Also you can PM Chuck (DoneDealCEO) he is a cool dude. He def got more knowledge than me on the promotion tip.

Feb 27, 2007
I think yeah the crowds do get a little out of control, and that does take away from the music. The music is still great and uinique, but we as fans need to grow up and respect the shows, it's great to get hyphe but there is a fine line between hyphe and out of control and disrespectful!

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
i think the business side of the game holds the bay back.....

how many times do you see shows advertised when artists dont show up?

how often do you buy albums with recycled songs?

how often do artists put on wack or half assed shows?

how many big name artists really unite and work togerther consistantly?

once we get our business game on point things can advance. the music and the movement arent the problem is the things necessary to generate $$$$$$ that the bay as a whole doesnt take care of. if you notice, the artists and labels who have their business game together are advancing in the game everyday in the bay area

Aug 7, 2006
doodiejones said:
i think the business side of the game holds the bay back.....

how many times do you see shows advertised when artists dont show up?

how often do you buy albums with recycled songs?

how often do artists put on wack or half assed shows?

how many big name artists really unite and work togerther consistantly?

once we get our business game on point things can advance. the music and the movement arent the problem is the things necessary to generate $$$$$$ that the bay as a whole doesnt take care of. if you notice, the artists and labels who have their business game together are advancing in the game everyday in the bay area
word

Nov 9, 2006
blow up or not its a culture , hate it or love it , it aint goin nowhere bruh bruh , so deal with it and stop crying and complaining , real niggaz dont listen to bullshit like this and we stay gettin our gwap

Jan 18, 2006
EVERYONE THINKS THEY EXPERTS, SO WHAT ABOUT BAILEY, BIG RICH, GUCE AND MESSY MARV, FUCKEN THE PACK, THE A'Z, THEY ALL GOT THERE VIDEOS PLAYED A DECENT AMOUNT ON MTV JAMZ. IT DIDNT HELP SALES THAT MUCH AND NONE OF THEM GOT A BIGGER PUSH FROM REGULAR MTV CHANNEL. THEY AINT MAJORS SO THEY AINT GETTING A MAJOR PUSH PERIOD, AND EVEN IF SOMEONE ARE THEY DONT HAVE THAT EXTRA HELP LIKE A LIL JON TO GET THEM THAT EXTRA PUSH. 40 IS THE ONLY ONE WITH AN ACE UP HIS SLEEVE READY TO PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS.