The Bay Will NEVER Blow Up...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Fuck a movement. Fuck a style. Fuck categorizing your music as anything more than a sub-set of hip-hop. Come with something new. Come with something provacative and original. Focus on rhyming, not words. Focus on music, not beats. That's how you "blow up" and that's how music lasts.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
W0RM_Da_C0N said:
oh shit.... iceman that dude was a fuckin sav!!!!
read the book shits nutz

thread starter is on point... and who ever said life is bigger than hip hop got his head on str8....even though i grew up livin in the culture breakin rappin doing what youngins do..at the end of the day i just do me and i could care less about recognition cause the ones that really know whats up..know whats up..real recognize real...

May 4, 2005
The last cd I got that was not all hyphyd out was the Sick Wid it Umbrella. It was a decent cd from front to back. Other than that it would be nice to just have some good ole hip hop back from northern cali.

Jul 6, 2005
"That should be children go dumb out here. Nobody over 17 should be acting retarded on purpous. Grown men look like idiots "Going dumb". Sponge Bob Pajamas and back packs are fucking GAY. The bay looks like everybody is a fucking raver on E. A bunch of zombie clones walking around with dreds."

REAL SPIT!!^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 15, 2006
khayree said:
I havent had a lot of time to be online. BUT this post got me. For those of you who dont know me my name is Khayree, my company is YBB YoungBlackbrotha.com . I could tell you a whole lot more but I wont go into it on this post. Just know this for the records. Going Dumb & stupid didnt start a few years ago. Not many know this and I will prove it in my up-coming film Who is Khayree? The YBB story. Going dumb and getting stupid on wax happen 21 years ago in 1986 when I ' Khayree' wrote a song called Cold stupid' S.T.U.P.I.D get stupid with me' end quoite. Mac Dre who I was the original Producer for heard my song in 1988 and used it in his song " Get Stupid' . And you at 16 not knowing 2 minutes of yesterday thought it was something brand new! The song I made was recorded by a group out of sac called New Choice for RCA records, DJ Red Alert used to play this song on NY radio. In Cold Stupid. I sampled RUN DMC Dumb girl... just like 40 did. It amazes me that everyone is acting like this is some new shi-t. Anyway what makes things happen is new creativity not re-hatched 20 year old slogans that I said in 1886 which is when I wrote the song. I have 2 Podcast shows Khayree Music Podcast & Young Black Brotha Podcast.. next week on the YBB Podcast I will dedicate the show to the orgin of Stupid & Dumb! I will played Cold Stupiud and Party 87 songs that I and others wrote long before yall hollered ' Go Dumb , Get Stupid! Problem is this new generation havs no fuckin idea where this music really comes from. The adults ' main stream radio' have stolen hip Hop/rap history from you. There is good new music out ther,e but there is far too much garbage. I can say it because rather you reconize me or not I AM BAY Rap History and I am hope for the Bays hip hop future. The radio only plays stupid shi- so artist who want to be on the radio make ignorant songs saying that you the public want it that way... Sometimes we do.. Problem is we have no balance. My words will ring louder and more true as time moves on, Radio tries to ignore us because their plantation bosses told the DJs thinking is out and being a 40 year old or 16 year old moron is in. We will not be ignored, thats why we have XL1 cameras so I can tell this story about Bay rap and bay area radio, I was here the whole time, in fact I help bulid it. Who did I bring to the rap world? Mac Dre, Dubee aka Sugawolf. Young Lay, Mac Mall, Ray Luv and The Mac all Bay legends as they say I am. If I am, then please heed my warning, we MUST make a musical change. Look at the results weve gotten with the current trends in Bay rap in the last 10 years. Weve gotten no where. No grammys, no BET nomintation, were not included in any Hip Hop docs, only what we did in the 90s gets any mention. WHY? Come on man it dont take a scientist to fiqure this out. Its the music and the behavior. Im not say all bay music, but there is too much weak music coming from the Bay in my un humble opinion. We used to be creative. Maybe my next album cover I will be inside of a BIG thizz pill with 2 blunts in my mouth and a few fine naked chics feeding me a glass of 1800!! Thats should help the bay stand out!. Right? Hate me all you wan,t fact is without new blood musically and lyrically the Bay will stay in the shadows of stars
like Nelly, 50, Jay Z, T.I etc .Whlie our artist are heroes in only the Bay.

Khayree

myspace.com/KhayreeYBB
myspace.com/Khayreemusic
myspace.com/YBBrecords

[email protected]

KMEL pretends to love DRE, but they only played DRE when he passed away! I was there i seen the whole thang, in fact I helped create it mayne....

Khayree from the song ' Bay radio?'

Here are the links to my free podcast shows in Itunes

Khayree Music Podcast Itunes Link

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=215457695

YBB PODCAST ITUNES LINK

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=214774227
you may have put those words in your song but that doesnt mean a whole lot cuz it didnt have shit to do with muthafuckas going dumb.. wasnt nobopdy going dumb in the late 80's...

Mar 1, 2006
^^^^ shiiiiitt niggaz was goin dumb in the 80s you just wasnt knowin yet!! it wasnt so popular then cuz it was so limited!! thats why its funny cuz that shit has been around for years and all these new bootys act like its new shit!! in the crest mutha fuckas was yokin and dippin in the 80s real tough unfortanatly alot of them ogs went to prison or died!! but dre was just a young pup soakin it up!! miami the most iz REALLY one of the originals of goin stupid!! dre soaked up alot of words from MIAMI whos about 50 years old but he would say shit and dre would take that and put it in raps!! miami got it from hang!!NOW THATS some real shit rite there!!somebody said the mac was sayin that too (hes rite) and now I see alot of hypocrites on here babblin!! I been sayin fuck a MOVEMENT!! that shit iz for the birds!! make some good songs and quit relyin on some bullshit!

May 16, 2002
With all due respect to everyone.

"Going Dumb" "Getting Stupid" & wearing stunnaz (oversized shades / Cazelle) goes back to the 80's with artist like Run DMC & Kool Moe Dee.

Any doubt, grab or rent yourself a copy of Krush Groove or Tougher Than Leather starring Run DMC.

Jan 15, 2006
Gemini said:

"Going Dumb" "Getting Stupid" & wearing stunnaz (oversized shades / Cazelle) goes back to the 80's with artist like Run DMC & Kool Moe Dee.

Any doubt, grab or rent yourself a copy of Krush Groove or Tougher Than Leather starring Run DMC.
yeah you have a point.. but its still different its a youngsta thing its the crackbaby generation

May 16, 2002
^^^^

Fa real brugh.

The gold rope chains worn by Run DMC (and add Mr. T to that line up), the diamonds in the grill was first worn by Slick Rick etc etc...

the term BLING came from Cash Money Records though.

Nov 14, 2002
Gemini said:

i remember them days....

wearin my cazelles,starched up kango and cold chillin in a b-boy stance wile watchin my brothers rip fools to shreads in poppin and break dancin.

aaah the good oldayz...

Nov 28, 2005
the bay is on the scene, no doubt, people know, but the bay has its own language is not that people dont like the sound people dont understand it, ask some peeps from down south or whatever, and ask them what thizz is, they wont know. ask them about pulling tight ones at the sideshow, what do they know about they bay, if they havent been there or been listening since the early 90s what do they know? about that cali bud? besides what they hear on cds and shit they dont know!!!!!! or understand and who cares what any one else thinks in this country, we know the bay is the shit, so fuck em all if they dont wanna know, rip: mac dre!!!!

Feb 16, 2007
tha bay aint neva gon blow cuz they keep bitin everybody, goin stupid and dumb is a new york thang and it started way before 88 or 86 wutever khayree talkin bout, new york niggaz been sayin that shit

Mar 13, 2005
on geo said:
tha bay DUZ talk about bullshit and bling bling, tha fuc u talkin about?
lol you dont even have no room to speak cuz you are wattsup first.. and la been rappin about the same shit since yall started in a few years it wont be no black people left in LA anyway everybody moving out cuz them mexicans got yall shook running yall the fuck out.

Mar 12, 2006
DAMN YOU MU$T NOT BE LISTEN 2 A LOT OF CDZ THEN HOMIE

the_truth_ said:
Im only concerned about good music.. the bay just need to step they game up.. niggaz is dropping garbage.. havent heard a solid album you can bump from front to back in YEARS..

the rappers should be concerned about blowing up not the fans..

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
I think the bay fucked up when there was a backlash against the New Bay movement. Between FAB, Team, Quinn, Frontline, and Balance, they were talking about well rounded music coming from the bay, and that movement got shitted on. Getting away from the copycattin and compilations that were oversaturating the scene and killin bay music.

Niggaz talked bad on that movement, and everybody adopted the hyphy shit, which was already represented like a branch on that new bay tree, and now its like that is all we got. And now we have the same coppycattin with the mixtapes and niggaz oversaturating the scene and killin bay music in a new way.

I aint say niggaz should have followed that movement, but let that movemnet open that door. That collection of artist were as well rounded as they come, they are all creative, lyricists, and they speak on different topics. And if you trip that is pretty much the best the bay has to offer. So know it has to be a new musical revolution in the bay and niggaz shouldn't hate cause the feel excluded, before they even know what the new movement is about.

And about the problems with shows. We have always had that problem in the bay, that is why so many artist had to go to KC, and other places to do shows. What people need to understand is that after CD's pretty much die out, artist will have to make most of there money off of shows and not so much off of sales which, would be mostly digital purchases. It would be nice to be able to do shows at home.