The Bay went from Ridas to Yellow Bus Rydaz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2005
The Last Word said:
Funk don't sell no mo'. .

thats cuz it aint bein made no mo'

and it dont mean the shit has to sound the way it was back then,South aint switched they formula too much.They still heavy on the 808 but just updated some shit.I can get stupid every now and then but listenin to a mix full of all these "hyphy" tracks and the shit starts to get annoyin,somethin like Faces On T-Shirts by Hus and Jacka is some tight shit.Just slow things up every now and then and spit instead of just sayin some hickory dickory dock rhymes all the time is what I'm sayin

Apr 22, 2005
real talk,them figaz might get slept on but I been listenin to them alot more lately and they keepin that old skool Bay feel to they shit while still soundin new.Other rappers can do the same cept put they twist on it,bring the FUNK back and say a little more in ya raps,even if you on that thug shit.

May 27, 2003
the bay has evolved its a movement and a lot of rappers want to follow it to take it to the top but then again people like you and i get tired of hearin every song talk about rips, bops, pills, weed, thizzin, yellow bus ridin, scrapin ect.

Dec 21, 2005
now thats why i left the boards... why cant we just be happy for our music and aour people to get on right now, we got a chance now, and you want us to go back to starving while most cats aint even buying records. Its a sad day when last time i was on here cats was complaining about no radio play and now we run the airwaves.... aint shyt changed on this board.

Apr 22, 2005
who's complainin nigga? all I said is I'd like to see some FUNK in the msuic,So to "get on" everybody gotta conform to one formula and follow suit of whatevers hot at the moment? aint nobody say hey lets go back to making shit that sounds exactly like it was 95 again.Why folks dont be gettin that? If everybody gets stupid than when this shit blows up all its gon look like we aint got NOTHIn to offer but gettin stupid and that IS NOT all we have.I aint say for these current artists to stop what they doin but why not keep it Bay? Shit dont be thinkin this all we got for a mill ticket and the spotlight aint on us yet so we can still keep addin more shit to offer for when it does get here ya dig? Dont get shit twisted,you really stop comin here for some simple ass shit then go on.I aint complainin I'm statin my opinion on the Bays rap scene and this is the forum for that shit.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
i'm happy wit how bay music is right now cause the hyphy movement got everyone listenin to tha bay but at tha same time like i said u can throw on tha mob figaz if u need a break from tha hyphy shit the bay is doin it right now

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Mrbaytastic said:
now thats why i left the boards... why cant we just be happy for our music and aour people to get on right now, we got a chance now, and you want us to go back to starving while most cats aint even buying records. Its a sad day when last time i was on here cats was complaining about no radio play and now we run the airwaves.... aint shyt changed on this board.

This IS a message board for public opinion....and whether it's a POPULAR opinion or not really shouldn't matter.....only thing is, this kind of thread has been done to DEATH....But I feel where dude is comin' from

Apr 22, 2005
I know this has done hellla time is just the title of the thread that made me make this I mean read it and really think about it.It says alot about the difference of todays Bay mindset,ridas to yellow bus ridas

Dec 21, 2005
im glad u stated ur opinion, just like i stated mine NIGGA... and like other dude said there is more to an album than you here on the radio... jacka aint done no hyphy shyt yet he on his own plateau... say what you want when you want, Im gone do the same yadadadig my meaning.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
i think everyone should do what theyre good at doing...... like goldie and the federation, they musically talented and top notch when they go dumb with their club music. And i feel like folks like lil ric and other rappers shouldnt really change with the times, they should stick to what suits them best. Thats why jacka is on top of the mountain right now, cause he sticks to what sounds natural and he does his thing. mobbin or club song, just do what sounds right.

Apr 19, 2005
Al Boo Boo said:
So to "get on" everybody gotta conform to one formula and follow suit of whatevers hot at the moment?
In a way ... yeah. But like DJ Mark said, this has been done fifty eleven times.

Funk is one of those styles that is looked at as a losing formula (mainstream wise). Bay artists are finally understanding that they MUST keep up with the mainstream if they want to get on so funk is out of the window. I miss it too. It's just how it is right now.