THE BAY NEED TO STEP THEY GAME UP!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
HYPHY JUICE said:
yall think the bay need to step they game up? damn what more can yall ask? the bay gets my support all day. all yall needa step yo game up n go to another forum with this bullshit saying the bay need to step they game up. get the fuck outta here with that shit. the bay need to step it up? go slap some mike jones and young jeezy
Its not about giving support...and by support I mean going out and buying CD's...because I support most Bay artists. He was reffering to the quality of music.

Yeah, 05 was definitely a great year for Bay music...but to say there is no room for improvement is just ignorant.

But for sure, much progress was made in 05...and I think 06 is going to be even bigger for us.

I just wonder though...with this 'hyphy/thizz movement' going on...I see it everywhere I look...but the sales don't add up...?

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Everyone that's trying to go nationwide need to step they game up. There's a reason that the spotlight isn't on the bay. I agree that AP9 stepped his game up but if you can't master your own CD that well, there's something wrong. J-Digg's California Livin 2 is straight slappin and it's been on my top five rotation for the past two months, BUT there is no way in hell J-Digg's is gonna hit mainstream. Let's be realistic. I don't think this Hyphy/Thizz movement is going anywhere, it's a Bay culture that doesn't have anything attractive for national appeal. The closest artist to hit Nationwide is "The Team." They rap bout Purp and Rippers. South got Grills & Wood Grain. That's the formula to success unfortunately. Just remember, we went from ridin on fools in '95 to ridin the yellow bus in '05.

"I'm really not a rapper, I'm real real street wid it."
-J-Diggs

Feb 8, 2003
djgo said:
. u need to be pretty-faced to keep ur city on the map with consistency... some of u may argue or disagree with me... but it's true... because no 12 year old girl in Atlanta is going to buy an E40 album and hang E40 posters on her wall...
Not true at all. So you saying for example that 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, are pretty boys?

Oct 12, 2005
HYPHY JUICE said:
yall think the bay need to step they game up? damn what more can yall ask? the bay gets my support all day. all yall needa step yo game up n go to another forum with this bullshit saying the bay need to step they game up. get the fuck outta here with that shit. the bay need to step it up? go slap some mike jones and young jeezy
I agree, for the most part, the bay has stepped there game up.

Apr 5, 2005
djgo said:
the bay doesn't need to step its game up... the music industry does -- no more lil jon, G-Unit, or annoying ass paul wall in 2006... please!!!

note: nelly put st louis on the map... after that... only the lunatics, chingy, and one-hit wonder ebony eyez (if u can call "in ya face" a hit)... but my point is... u need to be pretty-faced to keep ur city on the map with consistency... some of u may argue or disagree with me... but it's true... because no 12 year old girl in Atlanta is going to buy an E40 album and hang E40 posters on her wall...

Tell me you're kidding! Ying yang, trick daddy, and 50 are some ugly mother fuckers! What makes you think they sell because of their image? If an artist puts out good music- than they put out good music. I will have to say I completely disagree with your opinion.