Tha Jacka died last night. RIP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2003
I went to a show on the one year anniversary of Mac Dre's passing here in Modesto which had Jacka, Huss, Mistah Fab, Hoodstarz, and a few more...

Back then I was a young 21 pumped up to see a bunch of my favorite rappers on stage in my hometown.. I snuck in a video camera (cell phones werent what they are today) and captured a bunch of footage of them all performing ...

Before the show I met Huss by the bar and he hopped on camera for me doin a quick shoutout.. After the show all the rappers were just chillin out back and in the hallway.. I interviewed Fab on camera for a minute, then asked Jacka if he would get on camera for me.. Shook his hand he said "yeah no prob" then proceeded to film him as he shouted out Modesto and said he had hella love for us and was out here all the time...i should have all that footage somewhere on a old mini DV tape... This was around 10 years ago ... thought I'd share my little run in with The Jacka..... RIP

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
My 2 Cents:

The Jacka personally/physically touched more peoples hearts and minds than any other Rapper in Bay Area History. How? Well he dropped numerous collabo, group, solo and compilation material, probably more than any 1 artist in history. So he personally worked with just about everyone on his level and below throughout the Bay and beyond. His personality is why we all remember our encounters with the man. His talent and network in the streets including P.K. and all those who helped his career are all factors as to why there will be no other like Dominic "The Jacka" Newton. Let us all realize how many people Hurt when someone gets Taken from Us. PEACE NOT WAR!

Mr Ceza

P.S. Real Men Do Cry

May 23, 2014
WA state
RiP man this don't even feel real I didn't know him personally but seemed like a good person I been bumpin his shit since day 1 just seemed like a cool ass person dayum they always take the real ones he will always be living thru my speakers keep his memory alive tru bay area rap legend RiP Jacka