Tech N9ne Voted "Emcee Of The Year" by HipHopDX

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
Tech N9ne named "Emcee Of The Year" by HipHopDX

He won "Emcee Of The Year" as well as "Collaboration of the year.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.1818/title.the-2011-hiphopdx-year-end-awards

It’s official, 2011 was the year of the N9ne. Capping off an already spectacular year, HipHopDX has named Tech N9ne 2011 Emcee Of The Year.

With the year winding down, HipHopDX has begun its annual Year End Awards which highlight everything 2011 had to offer hip hop. Giving Tech N9ne his due for a breakthrough year, the editors at HipHopDX have officially named the Kansas City King the Emcee Of The Year:

“Nobody in 2011 deserved to win this honor more than Kansas City veteran Tech N9ne. Tech released two acclaimed albums this year and appeared in several high-profile places, with All 6′s & 7′s proving to be his magnum opus. As Rap drifted towards limp lyricism and swagger over substance, Tecca Nina’s ‘chopping’ was a rude awakening that it should take precision to be an emcee. Meanwhile, the subject matter on Tech’s two releases, as well as profiled features with the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay Rock and Travis Barker was both personal and inspirational to his hundreds of thousands of ‘technicians’. With the traditional label system is in limbo, Tech N9ne’s 20 years of grinding have scraped the face off the industry as we knew it”

With the release of All 6′s And 7′s and Welcome To Strangeland, Tech N9ne demonstrated a work ethic unlike any other in 2011. The general of Strange Music now stands at the top of 2011 and looks to reach even more success in 2012. Congratulations to Tech N9ne for being named 2011 Emcee Of The Year!

‘Interlude’ Featuring Tech N9ne Named HipHopDX Collaboration Of The Year

It was the guest feature that opened the world up to Tech N9ne’s unique and relentless flow, the same that put Kansas City on the map.

Lil Wayne’s platinum selling Tha Carter IV boasted some of the biggest names in hip hop, but it was the ideal pairing of Tech N9ne and Andre 3000 on “Interlude” that stole the show. Breaking down the barriers that held him back for so long, Tech N9ne unleashed an impeccable delivery on listeners everywhere as Andre 3000 followed with a sophisticated and cool approach to contrast Tech’s combustible flow. This collaboration, pieced with Wayne’s “Intro” and “Outro”, was enough to earn HipHopDX‘s Year End Award for Collaboration Of The Year. This adds yet another accomplishment to Tech N9ne’s career in 2011, following his award for Emcee Of The Year. Put together, all of the guest appearances may have pushed this collaboration to the top, but it took a Kansas City King and an ATLien to truly make a classic.

Also, XXL has named Tech's verse on Worldwide Choppers as one of the top 10 best verses of 2011.

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/12/top-10-best-verses-of-2011/

These are really good looks for Tech and I'm glad to see it.

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
Tech's verse on Worldwide Choppers is one of the most underwhelming verses on the whole song. That's a joke nomination.

I agree with his verse on Interlude, but Andre 3000's was fucking horrible.

Welcome To Strangeland was crap, shouldnt have even been mentioned.

Dec 14, 2005
You suck at life bro, just end it, im tellin ya

Techs verse on WWC is probably the hardest to recite even knowing all the lyrics. You can hear every syllable he spits mad clearly unlike most of the choppers.. and its still hard to say, because of the way he constructs his lyrics. Id say his and Twistas are the best verses on WWC.. everyone loves Busta.. but that verse is only OK to me comparatively... go back and listen to how Tech has like 6 drastically different flows on that one verse.. all dope imo

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
You suck at life bro, just end it, im tellin ya

Techs verse on WWC is probably the hardest to recite even knowing all the lyrics. You can hear every syllable he spits mad clearly unlike most of the choppers.. and its still hard to say, because of the way he constructs his lyrics. Id say his and Twistas are the best verses on WWC.. everyone loves Busta.. but that verse is only OK to me comparatively... go back and listen to how Tech has like 6 drastically different flows on that one verse.. all dope imo

I agree about Tech's verse. I like Busta's a lot, but when you actually listen to his lyrics and compare them to Tech's and try and recite them, it's way harder to do Tech's just due to the complexity of them and how they're structured. Busta was rhyming way simpler words. I remember Tech saying Busta even commented on how crazy his verse was, thinking that there were several different people rapping because of how Tech switched it up so much.

Anyways, there is no way you can say Techs verse on that song is underwhelming.

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
nope, completely serious. i tune out tech's verse on that song, its not even enjoyable until his verse is over. it may just be that i cant stand him anymore because of the pure garbage hes been putting out on these last few albums. i think im just sick of him. so, if you still enjoy his crap, good for you.

May 1, 2009
Tech's verse on Worldwide Choppers is one of the most underwhelming verses on the whole song. That's a joke nomination.
nope, completely serious. i tune out tech's verse on that song, its not even enjoyable until his verse is over. it may just be that i cant stand him anymore because of the pure garbage hes been putting out on these last few albums. i think im just sick of him. so, if you still enjoy his crap, good for you.
The english speakers with full verses are tech, yelawolf, twista, busta. the english speakers with half verses are JL, Dloc, and Twisted Insane. (i think thats everyone). if tech's verse is one of the most underwhelming, that means you have consider, at the very least, half of these people's verses better than tech's. Im curious as to which verses you feel are better than tech's and which ones are at the same level or worse.

May 12, 2004
bonethugstory.com
The english speakers with full verses are tech, yelawolf, twista, busta. the english speakers with half verses are JL, Dloc, and Twisted Insane. (i think thats everyone). if tech's verse is one of the most underwhelming, that means you have consider, at the very least, half of these people's verses better than tech's. Im curious as to which verses you feel are better than tech's and which ones are at the same level or worse.
well i cant stand Twista regardless, so I don't like his verse. Yelawolf's voice kills his verse for me. I love Busta and Twisted Insane's verses. D-Loc & JL's are neither good or bad, they're plain, but I still like theirs better then Tech's.