Tech could help KC's MLS Wizards...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2005
the.know.how said:
um...is this sarcasm? sounds like it with the daytona 500 remark...it's cool that people like different sports and whatever, but...well...whatever
nope. when the daytona 500 is ran. a million people will be inside that track watching it. the biggest crowd for a sport.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
KEEP_IT_KEEBLER said:
nope. when the daytona 500 is ran. a million people will be inside that track watching it. the biggest crowd for a sport.
FROM WIKIPEDIA
Daytona International Speedway is a superspeedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. It is a 2.5 mile (4 km) tri-oval race track facility with a seating capacity of 168,000 spectators.

Nov 14, 2003
KEEP_IT_KEEBLER said:
and the US has the USA CUP in Minnesota, which host over 800 soccer teams from around the world in one week
National Sports Center is about 5 mins down the road from me, their campus is f-in huge. 32 soccer fields (50 if you count the Blaine Soccer Center which is right next to it)

Jan 12, 2003
i agree, soccer is one lame ass sport. Anyone who would rather watch that than a game of baseball, even if you hate baseball, has something mentally wrong with them.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
I'm just saying....i dont know how soccer is so appealing. Who doesn't want their kids growing up to be a mullet wearing, euro-trash wannabe soccer player who is taught to act like you got a broken leg every time you get kicked in the shin? It's a fucking joke, if this country's main exposure to soccer was last years world cup, then the sport is going to need about another 20 years to even get where Hockey is in this country.

And mister "he looked into my eyes and said this is for you", where are you coming up with these crazy numbers? And who cares? 100000 kids playing soccer in KC...wow....great. IT STILL SUCKS. I played for 4 years as a kid and was on 2 indoor soccer teams...and I fucking hate it.

Sep 17, 2003
I was watching the news this evening, and Jack Harry announced on his broadcast that the Wizards will play this coming season at Arrowhead Stadium after all.

He also said the team is trying to get a stadium built in the Bannister Mall area. Is this a good idea? Like I have said before... I don't really pay attention to soccer. I always root for my hometown teams, though, so this is the only reason I am even interested. :rolleyes:

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
soulwinnerrj said:
He also said the team is trying to get a stadium built in the Bannister Mall area. Is this a good idea?
That makes a lot of sense. What are they thinking?

Ownership: "how much gate did we average last year?"

Management lackey: "3 or 4"

Ownership: "thousand?"

Management lackey: "no, hundred"

Ownership: "ok, thats a little fucked up, how can we improve this?"

Management lackey: "well, I think our stadium is in a poor location for our target fan base, maybe if we moved to Johnson County or out by the race track"

Ownership: "alright, how much would a new stadium cost out there"

Management lackey: "50 Million"

Ownership: "ooooooookaaaaaay, I was thinking more of the 100-500 thousand range"

Management lackey: "hmm, well, there is this nice piece of land off of Bannister where they closed the old hypermart"

Ownership: "tell me more..."

Management lackey: "well, it's a 100 acre lot and the field will fit nicely in there, put up a couple of grandstands and a press box that seats four...oh and we can use the old parking spaces as our parking lot...1000 spaces should be plenty right?"

Ownership: "yeah, great, and this area is a up and coming area right?"

Management lackey: "errr, ummm, yes, our research has shown that the people who are acustomed to taking the metro to hypermart may indeed still get off there and stumble upon our little soccer games"

Ownership: "excelent, tell walmart that they need to throw in 5 years worth of capri sun and orange slices for our players...oh and 4 mini vans to transport them to and from the games."

Management lackey: "ok, i'll see if we can get David Glass to hook us up"

Ownership: "awesome, I told you soccer would be a success in kansas city"

Management lackey: "uhhh, yeah, it sure will..... :ermm: "